1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Morning sun

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by nichole, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

I joined about a year ago. There may be a brief passing glance, but no, I do not intentionally stare at the sun at any time of day. Because it's not necessary to stimulate the photoreceptors. I get that sunrise might be the time to do it but I would want to be very sure that it was safe. I have heard Jack say some different things about it but at least once he did say either that he never looked directly at the sun, or perhaps that he didn't recommend that, instead to be at about a 15 degree angle. We have ophthalmologist members here. Maybe one of them will pipe up.

nichole likes this.
  2. nichole

nichole New Member

O
    k thanks. I didn’t know that. I’ve been looking directly at it.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Phosphene and Duane Baumgartner like this.
  4. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi Nicole,

I can highly recommend you to watch/ listen this podcast.
    Jack has a total different opinion on AF.

Phosphene likes this.
  5. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

For what it’s worth, I’ve been staring directly at sunrise and sunset for about the first/last 15/20 minutes, then focus on something else (other part of the sky, landscape, reading material, etc.) when it’s too intense.

I get my eyes checked this week for the first time in two years so I’ll soon find out any effects.

[edit] I’m generally not staring directly this whole time, but I’m not AFRAID to do it when the sun is reddish. I just take a common sense approach when it comes to duration and intensity.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Duane Baumgartner likes this.
  6. Penny

Penny New Member

ditto:) I did get my eyes checked - nothing is wrong - although that horrible light the guy shined in my eyes might have blinded me - a retina scan - weirdly, I took melatonin for many years and I would have expected some issues - but I haven't taken it in a long time either -

Phosphene likes this.