1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

More recent news on leptin

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Sorry, LCHF keto folks. Fat metabolism isn't purely an insulin story, but intimately tied to leptin. You can go as low carb as you want, but if your circadian rhythm is screwed up and you're scared of protein, you'll experience the "paradox" of being an overweight, low-carb dieter because you'll be a net deuterium collector.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-01-leptin-hormone-spurs-body-shift.html

2. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Yep you took the thoughts out of my head.. I am trying to do a keto diet but my environment isn't making it work. I started it on Wednesday and only worked that day (didn't go back to work until Monday) did pretty good until I came back to work under these lights and on a computer all dam day by the end of the day I had a headache with drinking water like a mad women. I am trying to find another job still. My boyfriend told me find something even if it is part time to get me out of this place. Yesterday I put that flux software on my computer at work. I was thinking last night why the heck I was doing ok with keto diet then I though the blue light I am under all day is impossible to do a keto diet with all this blue light and not being able to see the sun rise or sun most of the day.

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Have you posted somewhere your cortisol chart?

4. Inger

Inger Silver

Yes! work can mess one up big time :( and especially when you cant be in the morning sun!
    Keep searching... you will find something better :)
    Can you do housekeeping or something similar, where you can start work later? And not having to be in front of a screen? :) To work part time is awesome. I do that too. Makes me poor, for sure, but I cant see how I work ful time and still have time to be outside and in the morning sun... it just cant happen.... The more time you are home, the better you can do things. At least if you do not have an optimal work place. Which means.. working outside..better..sans clothes! lol

Living alone sure is a challenge to be able to pay for living and car and food and still work only part time. You have to cut a lot on expenses! So pretty much using the same old clothes that you have forever...lol But who cares, as long as you are healthy clothes does not matter too much ;) I take health over anything material anytime!

5. Billybats

Billybats New Member

No.. I didn't. I just noticed every time I try to do keto with this job it doesn't work. While at home I can do keto and not have that much of water and no wanting carbs but here at work I see extreme carb craving and forget about water too. Here at work I feel the immediate weirdness in my body. I get antsy, tired, hungry, thirsty, and alot of other things. I also get this feeling of dome here. So Jan at this time I pretty much know what is the main problem. So when I change my job then my living location I will take if from there with labs

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  6. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Hi Inger, Sooooo true to everything you wrote. I have read your posts and think this girl has it going how I always wanted. If it is you who makes the fish smoothies..awesome. I will keep you posted on jobs for sure..well most everything. I have found some and one just so happens to be a housekeeper. Still waiting on the teachers position call, anything is better then this even if it is in a wifi school and lest it isn't led lights over my head and on a computer all day...yuuuucccck

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Consider getting your cortisol chart (now),
    so you have your staring point.

Then in the new place do those charts every six months,
    so you know if that new place is as good as you were hoping for,
    if not, then move again.

8. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I just got insurance. Its been over a year since I seen a doctor for 2 reasons. Insurance and doctors that don't run good blood work. I had to go to a gyno again beginning them to run a test for progesterone. They think woman my age do need it checked. Anyway, what test and how should I ask for them, I know that sounds crazy but I went to the er with pressure in my head and said I had anxiety sent me home without bloodwork. That happened twice until I past out and went to another hospital that took action. I tried looking for info under lab section. .still looking. I don't have the emails from this site on how to order them. I had to check how my coverage works and its not to bad. Still looking at that to for more details.

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Get familiar with my posts on this thread.
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4

or
    if you want (or can afford) only cortisol profile,
    get this:

https://www.amazon.com/Diurnal-Cortisol-Cx4-Hormone-Imbalance/dp/B0087US47Q/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1515532652&sr=8-2&keywords=saliva cortisol

Diurnal Cortisol (Cx4) - 4 Panel (Full Day) Cortisol Hormone Stress Level Imbalance Test Kit

/

To make changes on your cortisol profile,
    see sun, the more the better.

Also check this post:
    Artificial lighting management for a human locked in small room.

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4#post-201738

10. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Holy crab Jan, I found this doctor looks like he is on my plan who has a blog talking about using broad spectrum lights in the winter but all aboit sunlight and omega 3 and so on. Well I will show him Dr. K's info. He talks about thinking outside the box. I'm all excited. . Here is his blog. One topic says let there be light and another one is take a sun bath.

http://agelesssolutionsmd.com/blog/

11. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Hey Jan,

I plan on making an appointment with this doctor and was wondering what are the top labs Dr.K and you, drezy, caroline, inger, scott, walter (and whoever else that is a long time memeber with a lot under there belt) would recommend other than what you have given me above so they see if what is full coverage. I am trying to us my insurance to where I don't have to dish out more then I have to. I did read your link on the lights a few months ago and was sure how to go about picking the right combo of bulbs so I will just get at least the terra reptile one. My dad has a IR bulb he is going to give me when I see him soon. I decided to use some progesterone cream last nigh and finally had a decent sleep. My sleep had been off lately, I wonder why ..haven't see the sun until the past 2 days now and temps are going up some this week, don't like when the temps change like that from almost zero to 50. The other question info of Dr.K's to bring to this doctor that is the best to hit him like holy batman..pow zoom this is awesome.

Thank you Jan for so much help!!!!!!:):thumbsup:

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Copy of my script that I do usually 2x/year is here (picture below):
    (you remove line #8, DHT dihydrotestosterone)
    The list below I did at LabCorp in February 2017.
    I would usually do another sometime in October
    but my dear wife got sick and the died so that interrupted my life.

For insurance to cover you have to have the ICD-10 codes the way that your insurance likes.
    So,
    ask you doctor to go carefully thru the numbers on two bottom lines.

The other;
    remove the E29.1
    that is for people with testicles only
    -----------------------------------------------
    upload_2018-1-10_11-34-39.png

===================================

upload_2018-1-10_11-27-26.png
    -----------------------------------------------

I posted also here (below):
    Copy that and show your doc to give him idea on how the final product looks like.
    Tell me of any improvements.
    What I am giving you didn't happened without collaboration and feed backs, so return the favor.

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/4841/N370L2.jpg

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4#post-199717

/
    I do not test anymore for thyroid antibodies.
    You may want to add that to the list, (or just forget about it, be happy if you get all else)

Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab
    Antithyroglobulin Ab

//

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  13. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Awesome.. When I get the results what location on here would be best to post them. Xoxo to you Jan.. you know your wife is smiling down at you, that is what I think what my mom is doing.

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Make sure that you keep me posted about this doc.
    Manalapan NJ
    is little far for me but good doc is worth to travel to

Make sure that you do not eat omega-3 (without testing)

Make sure that you have this line on your script, and do not substitute for any indices or other BS.
    Unless it is done at John Hopkins (then do both).

22 ------- Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum

Even that, make sure that it is done at LabCorp or Mayo Clinic.

They are already starting to cut corners.
    (And guess where,
    in the place that deuterium have influence
    according to dr Boros)(C24:0) and other nearby.

///

/////

15. Billybats

Billybats New Member

With my insurance (market place gov. insurance) only use lap corp. So you are saying line 22--- fatty acide profile, comprehensive is most important? correct? Yes he is only 15 mins from my house and I have an interview today about 5 mins away from him. I am looking for Dr. K info to print out to give to him, looking for something directed towards melatonin and the sun and some other topics.. if any can give a link of what to bring to him.

Thank you again Jan and everyone else.

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am taking Xoxo as a payment, thank you.

Have you ever started new thread?
    I do not see any.
    You may want to go to:
    Optimal Labs
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?forums/optimal-labs.29/

and start thread there
    just do not start any other threads
    so info about you stays in just one place

/

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I want you to watch this video from 34:00 onward. Realize in Europe, the power grid oscillates at 50 Hz and the US it vibrates at 60Hz. This means a light screwed into an EU socket flickers at 100 times per second as the second harmonic. In the USA the power grid oscillates at 60 Hz and a light screwed in will flicker 120 times per second. This flicker rate affects the recycle rate of DHA in the photoreceptors because of how the H+ in NADPH is used to build cell membranes. What else does this affect? It affects the spin of the ATPase because the H+ in NADH at cytochrome 1 comes from the TCA cycle. Did you know that hemoglobin in blood plasma oscillates between the oxy and deoxy state too? This means that the flicker rate of the power grid in your house and job environment can also affect your oxygenation rate. We call this pseudohypoxia. This is why NAD+ and pseudohypoxia are related to disease and aging. This set of circumstances ruins mitochondrial function. Did you know all the intermediates of the TCA cycle all oscillate in this range too? This means that the power grid in your wall can affect the TCA substrates to cause low NAD+ and high glucose rates in your blood to fix the TCA cycle. How does this occur? It is a wireless molecular resonance phenomena between electromagnetic waves and the proteins that make cells up. The principle of molecular resonance is easy to understand. Light is an oscilatory wave from the outside of our body and the chemicals in the photoreceptors are the inner oscillators inside our body. We need no wires or connection for this collision to occur. Mitochondria in the RPE can also be thought as inner oscillators in this wireless system. To get a wireless resonance to operate between the power grid all we need is an electromagnetic oscillation to equal the inner oscillator's absorbance spectrum. At the 34 minutes you'll see we have many oscillators that work in the range of the global power grid. When this occurs this leads to wireless resonance between the power gird's frequencies and the hydrated proteins in many systems that can cause problems we call diseases. The resonance mechanism is capable of vibratory oscillations that move the molecular parts in the various proteins and organelles in cells. Since light is an electromagnetic waves it is propagating radiation that can cause both chemical oscilaltion and a photochemical oscillation in the retina to affect our ability to put DHA back where it belongs in cell membranes. This is one of the core features of leptin resistance at the level of the liver. https://vimeo.com/30547120

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Sorry @Billybats
    forgot one important test.
    When you get this, make sure that first 2 or three samples
    you will take the way DUTCH does.
    I will tell you about it latter or just go there and read.

upload_2018-1-11_10-4-26.png

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Jack Kruse
    Other than hydrogen isotope, deuterium,
    there are isotopes of oxygen.
    Will you address them in the future?
    Or possibly they are inconsequential?

upload_2018-1-11_10-22-57.png

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    seanb4 and philip malone like this.