1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

More on why seafood is brain food

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Jack Kruse, Sep 13, 2017 at 7:13 AM.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

2. Inger

Inger Silver

Nice... Many on the German Iodine Facebook group tells about how Iodine supplementation lifted their brain fog and also took their anxiety away!

I myself realized high iodine made me cooler, like, when stress was present I just laughed...lol it just had no impact anymore!

What I have read about Iodine, close to no one gets enough from food....sadly.. so almost everyone must be deficient to some degree! Especially with all the fluoride, bromide and chloride blocking the receptors.

If you eat seafood every day like raw oysters and seaweed and high iodine seafood (farmed salmon has almost no iodine in it), you are lucky :) :)
    WalterNL and SlamSlask like this.
  3. SlamSlask

SlamSlask Newcomer

As my knowledge expands the importance of seafood just get bigger and bigger!
    Those this mean that after fixing LR iodine is one of the ways one could improve thyroid hormones?

@Inger Thanks for the tip on farmed salmon and iodine did not think the impact was that huge
    drezy likes this.
  4. Inger

Inger Silver

I believe so. But you need to know what you are doing... Iodine needs a lot of cofactors to work right. In seafood they are all present! If you take pure Iodine like Lugols, make sure you eat additionally lots of wild caught seafood and get enough sun for vit D, and also enough meat/organs for iron etc. Because you will need even more nutrients when you do the protocol.

Several people in the Iodine facebook group have been able to go off Thyroid meds completely after being on Iodine for a while. But it is a story where nothing should be left out, nnEMF, sun, water, great nutrients, less stress, etc etc :)

Seafood high in iodine are Alaskan Polloch, Cod, Herring, Shrimp, Oysters, Shellfish... etc. Those are also easy to get here :). Remember that iodine is sensitive to heating/cooking... it vaporizes out of the food pretty easily.... another win for sashimi with seaweed! :)
    Brent Patrick and SlamSlask like this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Lugol's is not pure iodine.
    When supplementing make sure to take Lugols
    and not
    pure iodine.

SlamSlask likes this.
  6. Penny

Penny New Member

Exposing your eyes to the red/blue light of sunrise makes T3... see the Vermont 2017 video on youtube for more mind blowing tips:)
    Lahelada and SlamSlask like this.
  7. drezy

drezy Gold

@SlamSlask in order to maximize long-term survival I found one skill very useful:

When Inger talks/writes, listen.
    Linz, Brent Patrick and SlamSlask like this.
  8. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

My Granny always told me to eat fish because it gives you brains.

They knew stuff back then without needing science I guess :)
    caroline, WalterNL, drezy and 2 others like this.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I have a bog post coming out today on iodine and seafood on my Dr. JK FB page.
  10. SlamSlask

SlamSlask Newcomer

So all this got me very curious
    Found this text from a bodybuilding website that i think explains the effect of thyroid hormones pretty well:
    www.fitflex.com/thyroid-bodybuilding.html
    Especially this line caught my attention:
    "The gland produces two iodine-containing compounds: liothyronine (T3), also known as triiodothyronine, and thyroxine (T")."
    Connecting this with the the information from @Jack Kruse Vermont talk and i got a much better understanding of this as thyroxine is an aromatic amino acid
    Thryroxine
    Triiodothyronine (T3)