1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Momma Liesel @ Aproned Acre

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by LieselK, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Ronald Waters

Ronald Waters New Member

To remain in ketosis I believe the cut off is around 20-25 grams of carbs per day depending on the person (n=1). And if I'm wrong someone wiser than I will let us both know.
    I used to drink and about 10 years ago I quit to start a journey towards health, I had a lot of chemical sensitivity issues, I figured after I got better I would drink socially again but now I rarely have the desire. I think you could get away with some wine but is it going to be an essential part of a journey towards optimal health? I can't answer that question.
    My advice, Remove the emotional/social aspect of drinking and see what it does, do you feel better, worse, or no difference.

Phosphene and LieselK like this.
  2. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I'm doing really good. After the initial break I am not missing my wine at all. I feel good and am working toward finding support to do labs and check in with my body clinically. Things are all continuing to fall into place in their own time. Some days are harder than others, but overall peace remains.

Phosphene, Christine_L and malc0088 like this.
  3. LOVE.

Makes it all worth it.

I read this parable posted by Jessika LeCorre (wife of Erwan LeCorre founder of MovNat) on Instagram and it really fits what you are describing. Lets see if I can find it!!

LieselK likes this.
  4. Found it!!

"There was once a businessman who was sitting by the beach in a small Brazilian village.
    As he sat, he saw a Brazilian fisherman rowing a small boat towards the shore having caught quite few big fish.
    The businessman was impressed and asked the fisherman, “How long does it take you to catch so many fish?”
    The fisherman replied, “Oh, just a short while.”
    “Then why don’t you stay longer at sea and catch even more?” The businessman was astonished.
    “This is enough to feed my whole family,” the fisherman said.
    The businessman then asked, “So, what do you do for the rest of the day?”
    The fisherman replied, “Well, I usually wake up early in the morning, go out to sea and catch a few fish, then go back and play with my kids. In the afternoon, I take a nap with my wife, and evening comes, I join my buddies in the village for a drink — we play guitar, sing and dance throughout the night.”
    The businessman offered a suggestion to the fisherman.
    “I am a PhD in business management. I could help you to become a more successful person. From now on, you should spend more time at sea and try to catch as many fish as possible. When you have saved enough money, you could buy a bigger boat and catch even more fish. Soon you will be able to afford to buy more boats, set up your own company, your own production plant for canned food and distribution network. By then, you will have moved out of this village and to Sao Paulo, where you can set up HQ to manage your other branches.”
    The fisherman continues, “And after that?”
    The businessman laughs heartily, “After that, you can live like a king in your own house, and when the time is right, you can go public and float your shares in the Stock Exchange, and you will be rich.”
    The fisherman asks, “And after that?”
    The businessman says, “After that, you can finally retire, you can move to a house by the fishing village, wake up early in the morning, catch a few fish, then return home to play with kids, have a nice afternoon nap with your wife, and when evening comes, you can join your buddies for a drink, play the guitar, sing and dance throughout the night!”
    The fisherman was puzzled, “Isn’t that what I am doing now?” —Classic Story

5. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I love it! It's so hard to go against society in this way. So many moms I meet are working even when homeschooling (not to mention all the extracurriculars for their kids)! I can't do that many jobs nor do I want to. I love the one I have in this season. I wish I could find others who want to sit and dwell in it in the same way I do. Guess that sounds judgey...

Truly though... no matter where we go I continue to come across so many people who are "too busy" for us. What a shame. It's hard to do life together when you have no life to offer another. So like before in NC, we wait for the right people at the right time who have a life to share. Bitter truth? I'M not bitter, just seeing and acknowledging and sitting in the still quiet place. (Figuratively... there's nothing quiet about my almost 5-year old, let alone his siblings!)

KrusinWitchie likes this.
  6. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

:love:

7. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Life always expresses itself outwardly in some way.

Christine_L and malc0088 like this.
  8. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

As Rumi said: This is a subtle truth. Whatever you love you are.

Phosphene, Christine_L and malc0088 like this.

9. Aaaahhh yes I cant tell you how many times I've had friends make plans and then cancel because they are too busy. Okay, peace be with you and I go on my way until they decide they are freed up again. Its such a shame to overbook oneself and work excessively until you are too sick or too burned out to go on. Then you take a break, cant enjoy it anyway because your body cant relax.

I firmly believe you will find people who will fit your new lifestyle and be wonderful friends. Besides you are making valuable memories with your family now and you will never forget those as long as you live! As you go along and do more things in your current town you'll start making a lot of friends.

Phosphene likes this.
  10. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I have an appointment with a doc next Tuesday to help me order labs and fine-tune my plan. Yay! I gotta do my homework ahead and send recent labs and summaries plus make my list of questions for the appointment to use my time wisely.

11. malc0088

malc0088 4th dimension

Funny thing is that it is all self-inflicted...sheep following a bad narrative. I sun bathe all weekend - my family sees it as lazy. I see it as I'm doing everything I can to save my own life :) I literally tell people no so i can get all the sun i can on the weekends. These people that are 'too busy' or 'can't relax' weed themselves out of my life, pretty straight forward.

12. malc0088

malc0088 4th dimension

Sweet! Have I told you that you are my canary in the coal mine? :)

LieselK likes this.
  13. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I’ll bet most of them are a bit intimidated and a LOT jealous that
    • you have the luxury of being home with your kids full time (How sad is it that it’s a luxury?)
    • AND you fill your time constructively by homeschooling (Probably one of the hardest jobs in the world if you don’t have the chops for it, or even if you do.)
    I probably could have insisted on staying home with the kids, but my salary was bigger and of course we were used to having it. Plus at the time I really thought my complicated redox-stealing IT job was easier than being a full time mom. Oh the irony.

So to assuage my guilt I had a babysitter come to the house four days a week (as I worked 10 hour days from home I could at least see them on breaks) and then I cared for them on Fridays—my day “off” :rofl:

I absolutely burned myself with all of it—I’m truly amazed that we all turned out ok.

Relish your time together—it will fly by, I promise!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    LieselK likes this.
  14. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Yes, all the time! I've invited parents over with kids to play and told them up front I'll be sitting by my pool in the sun so they should dress appropriately. Most don't! It was only slightly awkward when a homeschool dad brought his daughter to play, but my husband stuck around to work from home that day so it wouldn't be quite so weird that I was hanging out in a bikini talking to a stranger (happened to be a deputy in a nearby county). :rofl:

KrusinWitchie and Christine_L like this.
  15. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Ummmm... thanks? o_O:rofl:

Christine_L likes this.
  16. LOL at least the days you're in a bikini youre sitting by the pool and not on your front porch working.... I wonder who THAT is... :rofl: my neighbors are used to it by now they dont even stare

17. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Oh I do relish it! Most of the time! ;) It's so hard though too. I don't call it a luxury to choose to stay home. Very few people I know have to work outside the home- It's all in the choices we make. I had to work some after my first babe and we were budgeted down to the penny. Would I really give up Saturdays with my family to go back to work? Nope. It sucks. That is definitely not in the cards today. For a stint I worked at a Farmer's Market selling allergy-friendly baked goods for a local bakery. That was OK, but indoors in the winter. I could have a lot more if I worked now... it's hard to choose this instead at times. Often I think, "I could just work on Saturdays and then I'd be able to have my horse." The temptation is there. But this really was my dream job. I always wanted to be a mom. It's sad that we tend to not give the job the credit it's due. Like, I had to go to college and choose another different career because it's not OK to just want to be married and have babes. I hate MLMs for the reason that they are constantly in moms faces saying, "you can do it ALL, work from home with your kids, contribute to the home..." Like we need more to do and to feel as if we aren't doing enough.

Homeschooling is hard. Right now SO hard, but I know it will get better, easier, etc. And it may not be forever and that's OK. The pressure is off and I'm grateful for this season of learning for my whole fam.

There are many things I want to do in the future, but I doubt any of those things will bring in an income. I'm ok with that. It's not lazy... it's just me not being attached to the things of this world. That said I'm inspired by you @Phosphene and the challenges you are rising to. It is very empowering to grab ahold of what we are good at and what are passions are. And it IS lovely when we can bring in some money alongside that. We DO need it in this world. Who knows what will happen. If and when change is needed the opportunity will be there.

Y'all (@Christine_L and @malc0088 too) should read or reread "Momo" by Michael Ende :thumbsup:

KrusinWitchie and Phosphene like this.
  18. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

That was me in NC! We got the morning sun on the porch so we'd sit out in our suits and wave to all the neighbors driving to work! :rofl:

Phosphene and Christine_L like this.
  19. People just dont even KNOW what theyre missing out on. But some nature focused time with friends if theyre willing to depart from being inside is the BEST!

LieselK likes this.
  20. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

And y'all don't be fooled... my kids are having tv time while I'm outside getting my own "work" done. NOT perfect mom here!

Phosphene and Christine_L like this.