1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Momma Liesel @ Aproned Acre

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by LieselK, Feb 9, 2018.

1. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I'm so glad you commented! It's been hard to find others with Hashi and figure this out. I do not take any medications at this time and have not yet. On page 3 of my journal I have notes from my consult with Jack which is what led to our move to FL. I maintained a pretty good level of Vit D over winter after spending every day in the North Carolina sun when it was out. I mean every day all day as much as possible. While my D level was great all winter, mentally I wasn't great and I lacked energy so much. Yesterday was the anniversary of my first miscarriage of two in 6 months time. I do max sunlight and protect myself from artificial. We use red lights in the house as much as possible and candles as we can. I'd love to do more with lighting in the home since I have 3 kids also. Getting a Mito Hq is on my list, but moving took priority. I plan to make our own blue blocking glasses for the kids to make it affordable for us, but I've had RaOptics ones for over a year and a half for myself. I'd also love to do more iodine- natural sources of course, but also read more about supplementation. It has overwhelmed me when I've looked into it in the past. I figure, no matter what, I have to increase my redox so sunlight is priority above all else. We mitigate emfs as well.

Where do you currently live? The consistent sunlight is key for eliminating Hashi as I understand it, but your trips south will certainly help you feel better as you well know!

2. malc0088

malc0088 4th dimension

Thanks @LieselK. I live in Kansas City, KS. When i first got DX I did a bunch of protocols to try to reverse my Hashi's only to make my situation worse (i should mention that these protocols were not jack's protocols but functional med protocols). after 3 months and my thyroid hormones bottoming out my brain went totally nuts on me. depression, anxiety, hopelessness. I've never struggled with any mental issues so this was very alarming. This is when we decided to start meds. It took over a year of gradually increasing my meds to get me to a point where all my symptoms resolved including gut issues, brain issues, etc. Over the last 2 years I've been adding more of jacks protocols into my regimen but what i've really found to work is seafood (100 oysters every 2 weeks), as much sun as i can get into my life ( I work indoors), and every vacation is to max out our sun exposure. I have even added IR/Red and UV-A lights into my office when i can't get outside, and i also use them if i am doing CT indoors ( i try to do all my CT outdoors in direct sunlight). I read and reread and sent my wife your post about your consult. My intuition has been telling me all along that we need to move south. Our trip to mexico last winter when i was feeling down sealed the deal in realizing that my solar deficiency is what is keeping me from full vitality. See, my mom has hashi's. But she is very stubborn and won't listen to any suggestions i give her. She teaches highschool and has her summers off and does amazing when she can be gardening all day in sun, but then starts school back up and works indoors all day and goes back to being miserable. I see my future in her and it scares me. Just as you and your husband moved, my wife and I are heading in that direction. I do all the blue light blocking, use candles, red lights, virtually every hack that has been mentioned on this forum. It only moves the needles inches when I know i need to move the needle a few FEET! You can't get well in the same environment you got sick in. I'm learning this lesson right now and coming to grips with leaving family, a good job, etc. Who are you good for if your not good enough for yourself is my credo. If you happen to have any other suggestions from any practitioners you've worked with or consulted with I'm all ears. thanks so much for sharing!

LieselK likes this.
  3. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

It as HARD for my husband and I to come to the same page on moving. I had a complete peace about it from the beginning, but he freaked out. We fought. Like legit said nasty things for the first time ever in our 13 years of marriage... and then it was settled and then everything fell right into place for us. It is difficult to walk away from jobs and family and friends and all the things, but as I learned in this... those that are FOR you will be FOR you no matter what and no matter where you live. There are many places to love... explore them. I love it here. It feels "right".

4. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I found this on Facebook as I was searching today from Richelle Jones:

To reverse Hashi you need to stop birth control pills if you take them...eat ketogenic high DHA/iodine marine food during the day only (Leptin Reset)...protect your eyes and skin especially around the neck from ALAN day and night...minimise nnEMFs...get loads of early morning IR and UVA sunlight on neck, body including breasts to reduce oestrogen and program thyroid hormones. Avoid halogens like bromide, fluoride that compete with iodine and lower your EZ. do CT to reduce mitochondrial heteroplasmy. Do not get pregnant when you have Hashi because you will pass it on to your offspring. It could take around two years to reverse. I reversed Graves disease doing these things. Here is a list of reading. Print them off and read them outside in the sun connected to the earth. https://jackkruse.com/category/hashimotos-graves-disease/

5. drezy

drezy Gold

My wife and I have had some very brutal "adjustment" arguments. Around our house we acknowledge that I have seen the "momma bear" and she has seen the "papa bear". If you two would ever like to have a chat with us, we'd be up for it on a weekend.

LieselK likes this.
  6. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I would love to, but I'll have to see if D is up for it! There's still very much a separation of church and state here :rofl: Best way to describe the feeling! But it seems after you've moved 630ish miles for your wife it's unavoidable to keep your skin out of the game :thumbsup:

7. drezy

drezy Gold

FWIW I'm very much in favor of your husband.

LieselK likes this.
  8. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

He really is a keeper :love:

drezy likes this.
  9. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Random but it keeps entering my mind... so many people that we've encountered here are just incredulous that we moved to Dade City, FL. It's hot and rural I guess and that's not desirable? Multiple couples we saw Wed night moved here from NC and said they'd go back in a heartbeat. The true natives really love it here, but they also think we're weird for moving here. I'm not sure if it's because we're "outsiders" and found a way in or because they haven't ever valued this place for what it is. Meanwhile, we're like, "Yeah we didn't actually choose it, God did... we tried to buy a house in Brooksville that fell through and we bought this one without even seeing it." :rofl:

I really do love it here. There are so many places to love. Why not experience some more? NC is definitely awesome, but not better. Just different. Life here is quite different from our life there, but not "good" or "bad", just different. When your dopamine is high and you can leave fear behind it is freedom.

Sheddie, caroline and drezy like this.
  10. malc0088

malc0088 4th dimension

Love it! You either live in fear or faith, darkness or light. No joke @LieselK my wife and I are currently scouting and beginning to plan to move to FL.

LieselK likes this.
  11. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Good for you guys! That's great!

12. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Reflecting on the changes I've seen after moving and how I feel I've gained control of my life in so many ways. I didn't think I was stressed before moving, but now being here and not having all the people and things around me it is so evident how stressed I was. I loved my life before moving, but there was always a tension with the kids I couldn't reconcile. Now with homeschooling and being together all the time it's very intentional and just feels right. I love our pool and house and lanai. I love planning our winter fires and making plans to take morning walks to get ahead of the sunrise. There seems to be so much possibility here and I'm so grateful.

13. malc0088

malc0088 4th dimension

from your consult post - Full panel red light- UVA, UVB and infrared A will help me feel better today, but not cure this. 20 min 4-5x/day.

Just curious if you ever figured out a solution to this (aside from the right solution - moving :) ? Did you build a light setup to add light to your life until you did move? I just got a sperti figi and brought it into my office to do some light therapy sessions. It emits UV-A and B, I also have a red/IR bulb that i'm using to keep things as balanced as possible. this is all, of course, a short term fix until my wife and I can make the move south.

14. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I was trying to buy a Mito Hq or MitoGen, but there was a delay. I thought about the Fire Wave or Fire Storm as a cheaper option. Then we got to the realities of moving and it was becoming real so I put money and focus on making that happen. I still plan to get one of these light options for our dining area where we do school work, but for now I have a red LED and light a candle in front of me. The lights confuse me a lot and I haven't yet figured out what is best when (black lights vs red, etc) so I stick to incandescents as much as possible and light candles.

I spent 2-3 hrs in AM sunlight- some filtered, some not and then from noon-5 in full sun then I try to catch evening sun after dinner.