1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Momma Liesel @ Aproned Acre

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by LieselK, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Awesome possum!

And my middle name is Hot Mess. :rofl::rofl:

Oh, and I just found out one of my best friends—definitely in the circle—bought a small winter snowbird home probably not far from you. It’s not optimal since her husband is an avid golfer and wanted to be near a course, so they are in the Timber Pines community. At least it’s a detached one-floor home so they can hopefully mitigate nnemf to some degree. She said she picked this particular home in my honor since it has an uncovered cement patio perfect for sunning. At least I’m making inroads somewhere...:rolleyes:

My travel time actually will be a little restricted for the near future since I’m finally feeling well enough to start a part-time job. It will allow chunks of time off in the winter with enough advance notice, which was one of my criteria. Need to update my journal!

caroline and LieselK like this.
  2. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

That's about 30 miles from me! Can't wait to hear about your new ventures :)

Phosphene likes this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

love your new pic!

Phosphene and LieselK like this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

so proud of all of you for making hard decisions and moving forward.

YES to life ....in whatever form it takes...

Phosphene likes this.
  5. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

caroline likes this.
  6. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

We are in Florida!!! Having bought the house without seeing it we truly lucked out and are right where we need to be. It is very rural and the locals "want to keep it that way". We love it so much! We've been swimming everyday- rain or shine. The big old trees (with Spanish Moss) filter the sun at times and it's not too hot. The humidity is definitely a thing here, but the pool is actually staying cooler than we thought at about 68-72 degrees depending on sun. I can tell my metabolism is amping up as I get hungry by morning these days. The pool has a screened enclosure which is heavenly, but it's obviously filtering some of my sun. I hope that is offset by the amount of time I spend out here. I met a neighbor yesterday who gave me fresh catfish and then mowed our lawn. I'll post pics soon!

Our trip down was amazing in that we had incredibly generous friends who helped us pack TWO moving trucks, drove them for us and stayed to unpack us. There were 11 of us total including 6 kids and it was just lovely to share our space immediately with people who were ALL IN for us. Making memories in our new space right away is something I will always treasure. Talk about entangling... we shared so much DNA with skin, sweat, blood and tears! I definitely still had some stress and sleepless nights, but recovery has been lovely. I have nothing else to do but sit by the pool with my kiddos right now.

7. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

8. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

9. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Congrats—it looks perfect! You deserve it after all the struggle. Enjoy!

(I might be knocking on your door in March or April... It’s so cool that my other friend will be close there as well.:))

LieselK likes this.
  10. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Doooooo it! Our door is open!

Phosphene likes this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

would you ever have imagined that you would buy a home sight unseen???????? That is so cool!

It looks perfect - enjoy!

Christine_L likes this.
  12. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Nope. Never. We used to speak about a couple who bought a house sight unseen as if they were crazy and it was unfathomable.

Christine_L, Phosphene and caroline like this.
  13. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Hope your hatches are battened, even far inland! Thinking of you and your family and picturing you weathering this storm just fine, like all the others... :thumbsup:

LieselK likes this.
  14. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Thanks! So far prep is no different than living in NC. We are getting a couple water oaks cut down that are too close to the house. Water oaks are prone to disease and rot and these were right over the house and/or half dead. Thankfully we have a lot of beautiful live oaks around the house as well as some water oaks farther from the house plus a couple pines. So we are still well sheltered in that regard.

15. Saichi

Saichi New Member

What are the RF readings in your yard?

16. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I don't actually know. Which goes against what everyone recommends doing. I used the info I knew and gathered- looked up towers and antennas, etc. For me it's a step of faith in God's calling and knowing that in the past He has always brought me where I needed to be. There is so much we can fret over, but all I can do is my best. I feel complete peace here.

Christine_L likes this.
  17. Congrats on the move!

LieselK likes this.
  18. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Thanks! We are loving it here!

19. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Noting my sore finger: I've been having pain in my left ring finger. It began the week of the move and got worse over the next 2 wks. I've iced it, immobilized it (that made things worse I think), used arnica gel and have had little success in eliminating symptoms. :/ When I bend the finger to make a fist the joint is painful with limited mobility and there's obvious swelling on the lateral side (facing middle finger) of that joint. BAH.

20. malc0088

malc0088 4th dimension

@LieselK Thanks for your journal! I was dx with hashi's 3 years ago. I can relate to all of the struggles you described. I was curious to know if you are taking any thyroid meds? I currently take nature throid every 12 hours. I too can attest to sunshine being the key! Last winter my vitamin D got down to 29 and I could barely get through my work day and then come crash on the couch the remainder of the day. My wife and I decided to book a trip 2 weeks later to mexico. Less than 24 hours in cancun and I was back to my normal self. We spent the next 3 days getting red, grounding, and i spent all day body surfing in the ocean. I had followed some of jacks work but was not sold until mexico. I live in Kansas City. What i have figured out that works best for me and my hashi's is 1. max sunlight - right now i have my dminder at 70, i plan to go test this week to see where i'm at. we both use kiniki. 2. we rearranged our morning work schedule to get a minimum of 90 minutes of sunrise/AM sunshine which is critical to getting the proper hormonal signalling. 3. Oysters and seafood. 4. block ALAN and protect my skin/eyes at work from nn eMF. 5. supplement IR/UV-A lights in my office and at home. 6 - daily CT after dinner. 7. we have 3 trips to mexico planned for this winter. 8. Move south to get more sun. I should also mention that i do use UV-B bulbs to supplement my sun exposure. My intuition tells me that UV-B is really important for my thyroid health. Thanks for sharing your story and i will keep following to see how your move to FL works out.