1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Momma Liesel @ Aproned Acre

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by LieselK, Feb 9, 2018.

1. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I was supposed to be having a baby one of these days so that sucks. When I was in the sun last summer my body was ready and able but it couldn't sustain it in this environment. (*sigh*) So on the topic of time... *if* I want to have another baby someday time is ticking... I just want to be well and have that choice to really be MY choice, not nature's.

2. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Yesterday was miserable and cold so my sick kiddo and I spent a lot of time under the chicken's heat lamp. Today is hot in the sun and it felt amazing! I am pink and feel great!

caroline likes this.
  3. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

It's all happening!!! Hopefully some real updates in the next few weeks!

To be honest though, this past week SUCKED. I know the hard conversations and wrestling are all necessary but damn... this girl is worn out. My body hurts from tension and I'm emotionally drained. I said before that *some* people are worth it and it's true. The path forward will be so worth the struggle to get there.

4. OliverGruener2

OliverGruener2 New Member

Just saw this post. Went straight to amazon, searched for it. I found the German version only but for 1 cent + 3 euros shipping it's a bargain! :D

LieselK likes this.
  5. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

We're moving to Florida! :D:D:D

My husband accepted a job today with a Columbus, OH based business he used to work for that will allow him to work remotely outside Tampa. Wherever we settle he'll have a flex office space and only drive into the city as needed to meet with clients. Different stress now! Time to pack up and apparently move in the heat of the summer AGAIN. Dreading that, but excited about the rest! I'll have my sunshine and just do my best at mitigating nnemfs. :thumbsup:

KrusinWitchie, Theka and Phosphene like this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Great news! ........I am so proud of you for hanging in there!

You put yourself first .......you will get well.... and you will then take care of your family!

KrusinWitchie, Phosphene and LieselK like this.
  7. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Whew... so things are moving along, but it's also a lot of "the waiting place"! We have been in contract without a realtor for the cash sale of our NC home (crazy!) and close mid June. Looking for homes outside Tampa to the north and northeast and waiting on just the right one. My husband went down for work a couple weeks ago and looked at some places (they were terrible!) There are some great options out there though as we keep waiting and looking. I am packing boxes when I have time and tying up lose ends here. It's allllll happening! Which is amazing and sometimes scary and mostly exciting.

I will miss this place. It's been so good for us in so many ways. I hope for and look forward to the blessings to come.

I spent Memorial Day weekend with ladies who are healing from domestic abuse. It's the first time I can remember being in a Christ-centered group that truly felt safe in all ways. It was so real, vulnerable and free. We were on an NC island and soaked up the sun on the beach, watched dolphins swimming and spent a lot of time in prayer and worship. I deeply value my education in advocacy and the work involved. Encouraging and supporting women to get well is much much needed.

caroline and drezy like this.
  8. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Copied from another thread to document here:

I'm still healing physically, but the mental is connected to it as well and it does seem to take a long time to heal both. I don't think my physical will come before my mental. I finally feel good again and it's almost summer solstice and I have a plan for my future. Headed to Florida this weekend to find our next home and continue the journey.

In my Domestic Violence Advocacy Class we are studying Trauma and the Adovocate's Response. Today we discussed positive psychology and well-being. PERMA stands for: Positive Emotions, Engagement, Positive Relationships, Meaning and Accomplishments. All of them count toward well-being. I've been missing horses in my life since I left home for college. I studied them and worked with them, but had no real relationships with them. My goal is to change that and bring that important piece of my life back. It's an overall piece of my well-being that has been gone for so long. Just sitting in the sun on the beach for the rest of my life wouldn't actually "heal" me.