1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Momma Liesel @ Aproned Acre

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by LieselK, Feb 9, 2018.

1. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I was supposed to be having a baby one of these days so that sucks. When I was in the sun last summer my body was ready and able but it couldn't sustain it in this environment. (*sigh*) So on the topic of time... *if* I want to have another baby someday time is ticking... I just want to be well and have that choice to really be MY choice, not nature's.

2. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Yesterday was miserable and cold so my sick kiddo and I spent a lot of time under the chicken's heat lamp. Today is hot in the sun and it felt amazing! I am pink and feel great!

caroline likes this.
  3. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

It's all happening!!! Hopefully some real updates in the next few weeks!

To be honest though, this past week SUCKED. I know the hard conversations and wrestling are all necessary but damn... this girl is worn out. My body hurts from tension and I'm emotionally drained. I said before that *some* people are worth it and it's true. The path forward will be so worth the struggle to get there.

4. OliverGruener2

OliverGruener2 New Member

Just saw this post. Went straight to amazon, searched for it. I found the German version only but for 1 cent + 3 euros shipping it's a bargain! :D

LieselK likes this.
  5. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

We're moving to Florida! :D:D:D

My husband accepted a job today with a Columbus, OH based business he used to work for that will allow him to work remotely outside Tampa. Wherever we settle he'll have a flex office space and only drive into the city as needed to meet with clients. Different stress now! Time to pack up and apparently move in the heat of the summer AGAIN. Dreading that, but excited about the rest! I'll have my sunshine and just do my best at mitigating nnemfs. :thumbsup:

KrusinWitchie, Theka and Phosphene like this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Great news! ........I am so proud of you for hanging in there!

You put yourself first .......you will get well.... and you will then take care of your family!

KrusinWitchie, Phosphene and LieselK like this.
  7. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Whew... so things are moving along, but it's also a lot of "the waiting place"! We have been in contract without a realtor for the cash sale of our NC home (crazy!) and close mid June. Looking for homes outside Tampa to the north and northeast and waiting on just the right one. My husband went down for work a couple weeks ago and looked at some places (they were terrible!) There are some great options out there though as we keep waiting and looking. I am packing boxes when I have time and tying up lose ends here. It's allllll happening! Which is amazing and sometimes scary and mostly exciting.

I will miss this place. It's been so good for us in so many ways. I hope for and look forward to the blessings to come.

I spent Memorial Day weekend with ladies who are healing from domestic abuse. It's the first time I can remember being in a Christ-centered group that truly felt safe in all ways. It was so real, vulnerable and free. We were on an NC island and soaked up the sun on the beach, watched dolphins swimming and spent a lot of time in prayer and worship. I deeply value my education in advocacy and the work involved. Encouraging and supporting women to get well is much much needed.

Phosphene, caroline and drezy like this.
  8. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Copied from another thread to document here:

I'm still healing physically, but the mental is connected to it as well and it does seem to take a long time to heal both. I don't think my physical will come before my mental. I finally feel good again and it's almost summer solstice and I have a plan for my future. Headed to Florida this weekend to find our next home and continue the journey.

In my Domestic Violence Advocacy Class we are studying Trauma and the Adovocate's Response. Today we discussed positive psychology and well-being. PERMA stands for: Positive Emotions, Engagement, Positive Relationships, Meaning and Accomplishments. All of them count toward well-being. I've been missing horses in my life since I left home for college. I studied them and worked with them, but had no real relationships with them. My goal is to change that and bring that important piece of my life back. It's an overall piece of my well-being that has been gone for so long. Just sitting in the sun on the beach for the rest of my life wouldn't actually "heal" me.

Phosphene likes this.
  9. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

We found a house in Brooksville, FL. Lots of big trees, hills, acreage and a little pool! What a journey to get there though. I feel at peace with this and look forward to all the new and wonderful things in store for my family. It was a whirlwind trip to FL- we stayed on the canals in Hudson, spent a day at Honeymoon Island soaking up sun and saw a bunch of places. Kids are glad to rest now and once I get a good night's sleep the packing will continue. Also looking forward to visitors to come and stay in the detached suite!

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Great news .....tell us more when you have time - please!

11. Dteshome

Dteshome New Member

Hello Mrs Liesel

I’m glad to see you are making progress.I also have chronic fatigue syndrome/ME triggered by viruses and it would be nice to learn from you what is working.

12. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

@caroline sure! I don't know what to tell. I didn't do an extensive 5G mitigation search. I know everyone says to test, but the 5G is everywhere and I took what I knew about mitigating it and tried to choose wisely with the few options we had. Brooksville seems to be the only place with hills in Florida! It's about 50 miles outside of Tampa and there are quite a few state parks around the area. There are quite a few towers within 2 miles of us, but we are set down a hill with trees all around. My goal was to get enough land for a couple horses (improve my grounding opportunities and do something that I miss so much!) I also wanted a pool. Our house is on 3.6 acres with a small in ground pool and barn with the guest suite. I'm so super excited about it!

@Dteshome the biggest thing that works is the sunshine for me. I eat Epi-Paleo (mostly) and block blue light and try to keep wifi off and stuff. But the morning sun and soaking up sunshine really gives me the energy. But even being in NC it took until summertime to build that back up from downhill slide of winter. With the hot sun I LOVE doing CT in my horse trough and it's just perfect. It just feels right to my body and soul. @Jack Kruse has been talking a lot about inutition lately... so what brings you peace? It's hard to find these days it seems.

Phosphene, Anne V and caroline like this.
  13. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

And scratch that! We'll now be in a home in Dade City. Actually less towers near this one and a bigger pool so score! The previous house had too many issues upon inspection. Moving date is hopefully August 9th! I just got back from Surfside Beach, SC with a friend and our kids which was so nice. The first time ever we didn't get fried at the beach! I'm feeling good and packing up the house.

Phosphene, Lahelada, Theka and 2 others like this.
  14. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I went to the homeschool store this morning! Exciting stuff. Moving Aug 9th...

Theka, caroline, Anne V and 1 other person like this.
  15. Ed Pomicter

Ed Pomicter New Member

Homeschooling was the best decision that we ever made with our children's schooling (two different private school philosophies as well as public school). Enjoy it and don't feel that you have to follow any strict way of doing things. Each child is different and they can guide you.

16. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Thank you for the encouragement! I really am looking forward to it! It seems like it can be as easy or as hard as we want to make it.

Ed Pomicter and caroline like this.
  17. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

0730190949a.jpg 0730191017.jpg

Beautiful morning in the trough! Soaking up my NC yard before we head to FL next week! Everything thinks I must be stressed. I'm not. It's summer, there's sunshine and it's all going great. Interesting how everyone projects their stuff- especially their stress!

18. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

You’re so on your way—congrats!

Still have room for visitors in the new place? Even a fire ant-free yard works in anything but high summer! :)

John Schumacher likes this.
  19. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Yes! The closing is this Friday! My husband is in OH and then will be in Tampa for it. We start packing the truck next Wednesday and leave next Friday. We will have room for guests! We love guests! I honestly know nothing about the yard and fire ant status since I've not actually seen this home... but it's 1.4 acres so I'm sure there is some safe space! And this house is a bit bigger than our NC home so there is plenty of inside space too. Definitely come visit! It will be a hot mess for awhile, but they never stopped us from having guests before.

caroline and John Schumacher like this.
  20. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member