1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Momma Liesel @ Aproned Acre

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by LieselK, Feb 9, 2018.

1. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Give the man one day in the sunshine and BAM!

D worked from home half the day Mon, then Tues and today because there are so many sick people in their small office of 8. We sunned in our kinikis while we both did work on the porch and deck in the sun yesterday (he got burnt) and last night he said it was like a switch flipped. He finally found his peace with my going to Florida and decisions ahead.

Lots of good convo in our evening light today on the deck.

Inger, Lahelada and drezy like this.
  2. drezy

drezy Gold

He's not just your husband -- he's your sheepdog.

Let me know if I can augment his protective/watchful eye from where I'm at

Dan

LieselK likes this.
  3. Mike David

Mike David Same name new person

Love love love what you done with the place. So beautiful and inspiring.

LieselK likes this.
  4. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

He may be up for it now that's come to his senses ;) He's a good one. Definitely a keeper.

Inger likes this.
  5. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

At some point I have to go grocery shopping, but the sun keeps coming out so I just stay home.

I got in contact with my 1st college roomie last night. She and her partner live south of Tampa around St. Pete. She does art and her partner has a food truck. Maybe she finds something that works out for me! In the meantime I've read Ari Whitten's book The Ultimate Guide to Red Light Therapy and it was fab! It cleared up so much for me and helped me sort out my confusion regarding red light and infrared. Also reading the early Ubiq blogs. My brain works SO much better with extra sleep- I can't do more than 1 night in a row of less than 8 hours. Kids are gonna be in bed soon and I plan to follow suit.

Working on my TAN! Soaking up all the sun with wind blocking sheets and other such hacks. We're so fortunate to have a spot where we get good sun this time of year (when it's out). I'm SO thankful. I can feel the warmth on my face tonight! :) Clouds tomorrow, but sun on Monday... better buy some groceries tomorrow then!

drezy likes this.
  6. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

0318191016.jpg

Remembered this gem, copyright 1990, that I got way back when from my sis. I had readbit as a teen. SO interesting to see the early conversation about our need for sunlight. So much isn't new- we just understand it better now.

"If the early bird catches the worm, a bird must know how to tell time of day."

NDC74 likes this.
  7. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I'm just angry. My hormones are not right- like zero sex drive and I'm irritable and agitated despite getting great sun these last 2 weeks. I can look back and see the seasonality of this and it just makes me mad. I've shouldered the wrong burden for a long time regarding some of these issues. It's not me! It's my fucking environment! I want to be better right now as I soak up the sun, but the reality is that I won't be "well" until June. Fuels the fire to figure out my plan, but it feels desperate and emotional today instead of factual and deliberate. Factual and deliberate is much easier to plug away with.

8. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I don’t have that book, but remember researching a ton on the Columbia University light therapy website. Ended up buying one of those 10,000 lux fluorescent light boxes. (Where’s the face palm emoji? We need one of those.) Still have the light box—is it unethical to try selling it? Didn’t help at all and probably made things worse.

I join you in your anger. :mad:

How much unnecessary pain and angst could’ve been avoided by just following nature and the sun!

Just remember though—we did survive and those experiences made us stronger and wiser. Onward and upward now—as we think so we become.

Oh, and Happy Spring!!!!! :):):)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019 at 1:47 PM
    LieselK likes this.
  9. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

We have the Spring rains today to celebrate with :p

I have considered trying to sell our cfls... never settled on ethics of it. They are in a box in the garage still.

drezy likes this.
  10. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Totally a mess today. The cough the little one gave me sucks as does his attitude these days. We napped at 10:30 this morning and I am NOT a napper. My period is due soon and I'm thinking my total despair is due to that in part. My hubby talked to his boss today about our upcoming plans (or lack of plans... ha!) Just general uncomfyness here as we wrestle through reality and come together. He has drinks out with friends tonight so he'll get some support outside of me (thank goodness!) I am stretched thin with my own stuff and advocating for some abused women these days. Necessary work- amazing in the end... but the process is a challenge. Like a very delicate dance as I regroup and advocate for me and then reach out to grab onto others who need it. Constant back and forth. But some people are worth not letting go of. Some.