1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Momma Liesel @ Aproned Acre

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by LieselK, Feb 9, 2018.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

It all sounds pretty exciting. Good luck and keep us updated here please.

It's an interesting "deal" horses struck up with humans by letting us (carnivores) ride on their backs. I can only imagine that oats must taste really really good to horses to allow this relationship to occur.

LieselK likes this.
  2. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

If you can find a place with a decent yard I could come down with my tent and help with the kids for a month or so...

LieselK likes this.
  3. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

That is so super kind of you! Where are you located?

I will definitely be updating. I need the accountability and encouragement to keep it up. I'm really good at advocating for everyone else... getting better at doing it for me first.

4. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I went to see The Piano Guys in concert the other day and they spoke to the kids in the audience that are learning instruments and encouraged them to not give it up. That one day they will sit with their instrument and feel like they are flying. That's how I feel with horses. When you really connect and work together to go places... it's surreal... like flying... like being lost and found all in one moment of time.

And oddly enough... horses are sometimes carnivores too...

5. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Pennsylvania. But I will NOT be here mid-January through mid-March of next year. The healing I experienced during two weeks in Mexico was profound (still need to journal about it), but I’d like to explore Florida or other coastal Deep South as well.

I hear you about accountability...gotta walk the talk.

LieselK likes this.
  6. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I have a dear friend in Gettysburg and I wish she would come down to FL too! I'm from PA, moved to NC from OH and it's been a good stepping stone... but not enough sun here. I'm so glad you found healing in Mexico! What an encouragement! I know how amazing I felt last summer here in NC when I was in the sun daily. I KNOW it can be my normal if I just get the sunshine.

Phosphene likes this.
  7. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

We had delicious steak and wine last night. Neither of us likes the idea of change really. We finally feel settled here, but I God is constantly in my face telling me that this world is not my home. Don't get too comfy.

Plan is to find a place for me and kids to stay Sept-April while I homeschool them down there. D will visit as he can while maintaining house and job here in NC. I'll do my quarterly labs and get my sun. I'd love to find an RV and do that, but I'm open to anything as long as I'm not in the city. Just have to find the right situation because we can't afford to rent anything at full market value. Praying for a quick answer so I can plan ahead. Kids are on spring break for a week in April and it'd be great to go down and see where we'd be. That's asking for a super quick answer!

If it works (it will- I know it) then D will find a job down there. His old boss has a FL client and loves D (still sends him freelance)... who knows... there's got to be a way. I have fought way too long to give up. 6 years ago I was diagnosed and had a doc tell me just to take meds for the rest of my life. I refuse a temporary fix that will only mask the sickness.

As my gals and I have often said lately (to the extent that we had custom bracelets made with the saying on it)... Tits up! Preferably in the sun :rofl:

Phosphene likes this.
  8. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Tits up! Love it. Though I think that’s also one of those puzzling British expressions for something gone very wrong. But heck, we’re not in Britain.

Was just thinking, can you research and reach out to local homeschooling networks in your potential neighborhoods? They might know of houses for rent, or perhaps have a perfect spot for an RV.

Also, would your husband consider renting out an unused bedroom or two on Airbnb while you guys are gone, or would that be weird? (I mean weirdER...) It might bring in enough to cover a good chunk of your expenses, and the house wouldn’t be so suddenly quiet and empty.

Just musing...I’m quite good at that. :rofl:

9. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Great ideas Phosphene! I will definitely look into homeschooling networks and see where that goes. I also love the airbnb idea- we have put so much love into this home and we love to share it anyway. Our yard is pretty amazing :love:

screenshot yard.png

Inger and Phosphene like this.
  10. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

D is sending me links to houses in FL! I mean... we have to figure out that job thing, but there are some really great properties to be had. I alternate between freaking out about everything up ahead and having total peace about it. Usually it's peace thankfully. Protective momma bear here. I just listened to the Luke Storey podcast with Jack and read Ubiquitination 4. I just feel so validated when I look back over the year and see what worked and what didn't and am understanding why. Sun is key for me. I've known it and said it many times and I was right.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  11. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I had a feeling that the serious prospect of living without you guys for that long would put a fire under his ass.

It’s absolutely in motion for you now! :thumbsup:

12. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Intuition. Touch.

The Proverbs 31 woman is far more about how she touches, than the works she does. She laughs at the days to come because she is deeply connected and responding to her intuition. In his book, "The Wounded Heart: Hope for Healing for Victims of Childhood Sexual Abuse", Dan Allender says this about her,

“The best summary of what is available [for hurting women] is found in Proverbs 31:25: “She is clothed in strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.” The woman who is clothed in strength and dignity is not a Good Girl; she has too much power and might of soul to be voiceless and dead. She is not a Tough Girl; she has too much passion and life to be hard and aloof. She is not a Party Girl; she has too deep a commitment to tomorrow to live hedonistically only for today. She is the truly loving, existential woman who lives passionately in today and faithfully for tomorrow. What are the prerequisites for becoming such a woman? Honesty. Repentance. Bold Love. The courageous and humble person will pursue all of these and reap the fruit of joy.”

"A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than rubies.
    Her husband has full confidence in her and lack nothing of value.
    She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.
    She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.
    She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar.
    She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls.
    She considers a field and buys it; our of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
    She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.
    She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night.
    In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
    She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.
    When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
    She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
    Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
    She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes.
    She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
    She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
    She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
    Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
    Many woman do noble things, but you surpass them all.
    Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
    Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."
    Proverbs 31:10-31

NDC74, Inger and Jack Kruse like this.
  13. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

The sun came out a bit today and it's warmer so we were able to soak up some UV this afternoon. It was so nice!

D is super stressed- he's coming to grips with the reality of what we are facing. He asked me a lot of questions about Hashi and the particulars and some of them I could answer but some of it comes down to my n=1 right so I don't really know unless I try things. For instance, he wanted to know if we could construct some sort of "hotbox" to keep me warm while I soak up sun in the colder weather and maybe shorten the time I needed to be in Florida. Well... maybe? But when it rains every blessed day that doesn't help. And the sun isn't as strong here as it is farther south. And I can't do the CT that some people can employ when they're not getting the strong sun.

I get it. He doesn't want to hear what he doesn't want to hear. I didn't for a long time either. In fact, I ignored the fact that I even had Hashi for a good 6 months when I was diagnosed! In many ways I wish things didn't have to change, but I also think I see a bigger picture that he fails to see. Everyone I know is "sick" and it's tiresome. He's listening... and wrestling... and losing weight because he's so stressed!

Lahelada likes this.
  14. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I tried taking Lugol's (3-6 drops) and B Complex while eating brazil nuts daily and that gave me horrible reflux. So I quit the supplements. It's been a couple weeks now so I'm going to try the Lugol's again. Wish I could get oysters more reliably. I should be able to find some during Lent though! Costco always has a nice seafood display during holidays.

15. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Milo (age 4.5): "Remember when you were calling that dude and I was wearing my camouflaged boots..."

Yeah that "dude" was Jack!

drezy likes this.
  16. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Dear Liesel,

This letter is too long in the making- long overdue. You are such an amazing advocate for so many women- you always seem to send just the right message, card or invitation at just the right time. God uses you and your gift of hospitality to do so many good works and support so many others. The love you have for those around you is evident in all you do. You create home wherever you go and bring warmth to every encounter.

You are a good listener and ask wise questions. You always desire to really know a person and you honor their stories. You see the beauty in the ashes because you’ve been there yourself. The waves of suffering that you’ve gone under have softened your heart in ways you can’t see or probably will ever fully know. Every time they’ve brought you ashore you’ve become more beautiful, stronger and confident.

You are so strong. I grieve that you had to be so strong when you were still a child, but I admire this strength too. You can face whatever comes your way when you remember where you’ve come from. I’ve watched you dive into the hurt to clean out the wounds so that they can heal. You have become more compassionate and empathetic. What a blessing it is to watch you find your voice and stand up for what is right. Your children are blessed to have you- such a strong advocate for them as you constantly evaluate their needs and seek what is truly best. And your husband is damn lucky… and he knows it.

You are so precious and perfect in God’s eyes Liesel. You are His child and so loved. He loves you no matter what.

I love you.
    It is not dependent on what you did yesterday, do today or will do tomorrow. It just IS.

You are you Liesel. The woman God created you to be. Fierce. Authentic. Welcoming. Passionate.

You love so well. Thanks for loving me. Loving me when it’s really hard to do so. For standing up for me when no one else is. You’ve never given up on me… ever. It’s extraordinary and humbling. Who am I that you should care so much for me?

Love,
    Liesel

Mike David, Inger and Phosphene like this.
  17. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Liesel, this is so beautiful. I have much more to say about this (and Proverbs) but it’s still germinating. For now, just Brava!

Big hugs! :love:

18. Inger

Inger Silver

Liesel.... :love: :love:

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

[​IMG]

20. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I love my tribe :love::love::love: