1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Momma Liesel @ Aproned Acre

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by LieselK, Feb 9, 2018.

1. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I'm 8 weeks pregnant :love: I feel amazing- been doing all kinds of projects and getting things done. I have plenty of energy and no pregnancy "symptoms" aside from a changing body. When comparing to journals from my past pregnancies I was always feeling nauseous and off before this time. I'm taking folate from Life Extension, Vitamin D and my thyroid supplement. Planning to make up a new batch of bone broth and I have a friend brewing Kombucha for me. My chiropractor thinks I should take probiotics constantly, but I did my rounds of them when I started Epi Paleo and I don't feel I need them now. I stopped buying Aquafina and have been drinking our flouride-free well water.

I had recent dental work done- new crowns mostly- and they are so sensitive. I'm hoping they settle, but it's been a few months now. Wondering if there's anything else I can do to help that and avoid root canals. Gotta get back to the "All Things Teeth" thread...

Summer has flown by. Lots of sunshine for my family including another day at the lake yesterday before the big kids began at their new waldorf school today. No one has been sick at all this summer though we've had some seasonal allergies here and there. Our "candlelight nights" are a constant for us and we spend our mornings having breakfast on the porch. Healthy habits!

I'm avoiding the computer so I'm not keeping up much with any new blogs or Q&As and things.

Phosphene likes this.
  2. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Congratulations and best wishes!

There are so many things I regret having done/not done with my kids BK (before Kruse). Thankfully they’ve turned out more than ok so far, but just wait till I get my hands on any grandkids! Hopefully in a minimum of 10 years...

3. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Thank you! I am so glad to be able to make different choices now and to have the confidence to do some of the things that I knew deep down I was supposed to be doing for my kids anyway. I know it won't be perfect, but nothing replaces the energy I now have and the confidence in which I can now live. I feel so different than when I began this journey.

Phosphene likes this.
  4. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Ya'll... I finally got to listen to the live event with Jack, Jeremy and Ben. Timely! It covered such great stuff and really highlighted the contrast for me from last year and now with just about 8 months following the protocols. Week by week I'm moving through life with a curious delight as everything is just so different and in many ways, so much easier than before. Things that previously would be such a big deal are now sidelined and clearly not worth worrying about. I look forward to each day living life with a better understanding of what I need and what to do. I can recognize as soon as I feel anxious and easily identify what is causing it and what I need to do about it.

We told the kids about the pregnancy this past weekend. The youngest is so sweet and looking forward to showing his little sister (so he believes) how to be a ninja and get sunshine on her body and he's going to snuggle her and on and on and on... and then he tells me how huge my belly is already :rofl:

Screenshot family.png

KrusinWitchie, Phosphene and JanSz like this.
  5. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Congratulations. Beautiful family already.

6. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Miscarriage and wacked hormones.

I miscarried at 10 wks in September- blighted ovum (means there was no baby there, but an egg was fertilized and just never developed). I had a normal cycle in October and started lifting weights and then my Nov cycle has never ended (2.5 wks long now). So... I've buckled down on diet- particularly going to try to add more oysters in. I am doing morning light like always, but also trying to do CT (usually after lunch when sun is strong on the tank). Sitting under my red chicken light while I eat dinner. Do I quit lifting? I was doing it about 2 hours after breakfast bc that is what worked for the friend who has all the equipment in her garage which I know is not ideal. Can I keep it up if I switch to late afternoon? It's been so good mentally and also helping support my core that really needed it. Also been working with a new chiropractor who is awesome. She's helping me with breathing techniques and slow movement core strengthening (BIRTHFIT). She also has an infrared sauna in the office now- any thoughts on the best time of day for it?

7. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Sorry to hear that Liesel. Nature so often has other plans for us.

I remember reading or hearing that late afternoon is the best time for exercise, but that probably doesn’t work with your schedule?

Hope your hormones settle and you have a lovely holiday with your brood.

drezy likes this.
  8. drezy

drezy Gold

Hats off to you ladies.

Your reproductive systems are so much more nuanced and more complicated than guy's systems.

Phosphene likes this.
  9. drezy

drezy Gold

You are the darkest one in your family. Can you find a way to get darker?

10. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Noticed from “Today’s Birthdays” that today is yours.

Happy Birthday! :)

11. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Thank you! I've had a lovely seafood and fish filled weekend! :love:

drezy likes this.
  12. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

A year ago I began my journey and wanted to recap and see if anyone has any additional input. I am also preparing for a consult with Jack.

I definitely achieved my goals of being well, energetic and strong at many times- Spring and Summer for sure! I haven’t been sick barring a 24 hr stomach bug, but I did have a tooth root abscess that had apparently been festering all year. Infection is now gone. Energy levels were great until I miscarried in September. I feel like I lost ground on so many of the good things I needed like regular morning light, CT and grounding. I am getting back to those routines. It’s definitely something I have to be mindful of when we hit the Fall again and schedules seem to become busy. I just had a chemical pregnancy. That pregnancy followed dealing with this tooth abscess.

I don’t have the money to spend on many labs. I can do a couple hundred dollars worth if I can narrow down what would be most helpful. Currently wondering if my leptin sensitivity is OK- I’m thin, but in light of having draining energy and not being so quick to wake up I thought maybe I should do a rT3 (haven’t had one done in 5 yrs.) I’ve been considering checking iodine status and iodine absorption to see if my diet over the last year is enough for me. And of course HS-CRP to compare to a year ago. I feel good about my D3 status based on the amount of sun I got all summer, the state of my hair and fingernails which usually go to crap after Christmas and my continued supplementation of maybe 10,000iu per week on top of my focus of sunbathing at least once a week as weather permits. Ideally I’d take 5,000-10,000iu per day, but it just hasn’t been happening. Not really sure what the point of doing a thyroid panel would be and how that info would help at this point unless I would have to take meds bc my environment just isn’t good enough no matter what I do???

I’m solid on my blue-blocking with my Ra Optic glasses. Using red and amber lights in the house otherwise. Continued emf mitigation here- off at night, wired computer, etc. I protect my sleep and eat Epi-Paleo, but I need to ditch coffee and those cocktails that are so delicious. I don’t eat after dark, I don’t snack. I lift heavy weights one day a week before dinner and do functional progression exercises throughout the week (BirthFit).

Looking forward to talking to Jack to find out what I can do to continue toward optimal. I have access to a infrared sauna, but hate to pay for that unless I need it. Just need to know what is priority for me :) Now off to do my sunbathing!

13. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Current labs:
    labwork.png

14. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

The challenge is on Drezy! I sat out all last week in my kiniki in our unusually warm weather and got TAN!

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  15. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Did a consult with a nurse practitioner today who has a history of working with thyroid patients and also is naturally minded. Basically she recommended that if I wanted to get pregnant again soon then I should look into meds to decrease TSH and after pregnancy work on healing the Hashimoto's. There was a lot in there about how to support postpartum so there isn't a worsening. She mentioned gut testing for bacteria to know what specifically to address there and food sensitivity testing with Cell Science. She advocates acupuncture, infrared... addressing the spiritual/emotional components too.

Really no one has any answers. Just ideas. And it all costs money.

16. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I had a consult with Jack yesterday. It was amazing. He is such a great advocate. Overall pretty simple and nothing really unexpected, but I needed to hear it! It validated how I felt about my journey, beliefs about my health and this disease. It was so good to combat the lies I keep getting from other sources- false hopes with no real cure. I want to get my notes in my journal so it’s documented:

With Hashimoto’s, my T cells and B cells are not working. The T cells (in the skin!) get info from sunlight and program the B cells that make antibodies. Currently they are making antibodies that attack my thyroid. So light stability is key for me. I need constant red and purple light from the sun to reprogram them.

Light stability. Then temperature stability. Then CT (the hot/cold) really helps at this point to reprogram. CT for me today is not as important as LIGHT. I feel better with CT because it is decreasing inflammation.

There is not real mitigation for auto-immunity because you can’t biohack the sun. This is a light issue. It’s not a DNA issue. It’s not a mitochondrial issue. My epi-genome doesn’t match my haplotype (I believe that is what he said.) Mismatched genome- haplotype not truly uncoupled. Full panel red light- UVA, UVB and infrared A will help me feel better today, but not cure this. 20 min 4-5x/day.

NC may be doable for me April-August only and a great biohack would be Florida this coming winter. Quarterly labs will illustrate the diurnal and seasonal variation in the effects of light stability (and lack of) in NC. Key West a maybe… but lots of tech there. Ideal: inside the 10’s for 24-36 months at least.

Dec Q&A mentioned

EMFs/5G- The RF waves are my big issue. Specifically the pulse rate (as opposed to polarization) and population density factors big time with that. Smart meters are a huge issue. I’m in NC… surrounded by military bases and near an airport.

We discussed miscarriages, environment, best time for pregnancy and rolling those dice. I made my peace about that prior to the consult. I’ll never say never, but it’s clearly not now.

Lots of encouragement about caring for me and making choices today that have so much power for the future. I finally had peace last night about where my real hope lies and what my options are.

I presented the following to my husband:

1. I medicate myself to feel better and watch my health decline.

2. I continue trying to mitigate my crappy light environment while making myself crazy and watch my health decline.

3. I move to fix the light environment which requires big changes for everyone.

My husband listened to all of this info, heard me and we left it as a conversation that has just begun. His words later were, “I don’t know how quickly I can move us south, but we’ll figure it out.” We always do. Life is an adventure, whether we want it to be or not. I just want my health and my family. I want to be the mom and wife all the time that I can only sometimes be now. We would have real adventures then.

17. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Gonna buy steak and a Malbec for a nice dinner tonight to continue the conversation with D.

Current ideas... tap into my old horse network to see if I can find a place on a big ass horse farm to stay and maybe even work part time... see if my friend Shanny whose mom lives in FL knows of any old people with big ass houses who want company for the winter... look into RVs and stay at an RV park (there's one in Cottondale, FL that looks interesting)...

We can't afford two houses so I gotta get creative. It will come. God has always opened doors when we've needed them. I can already see how he's been preparing me for what is to come.

KrusinWitchie, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  18. drezy

drezy Gold

Phosphene and LieselK like this.
  19. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

20. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I'm hoping I can find some sort of house sitting opportunity with some old people. Shann's mom does a lot of pet sitting herself, but she's in the main part of Florida. I'll take a more populated area if I can be on the beach every day though I think. Sun is key and then I can mitigate the EMFs as much as possible so as long as I'm not in the cities I think it could work. I'd rather be on a horse farm within driving distance to the beach though! I miss the fuzzy things.

Theka and Phosphene like this.