1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Momma Liesel @ Aproned Acre

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by LieselK, Feb 9, 2018.

1. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

New CT record at 20 minutes! I just got my infrared surface thermometer which is super fun. Doing 60 degree tap water with socks on, but legs, feet and abdomen fully submerged. I've added 3 small ice packs to my abdomen and was also able to ditch the mittens and submerge arms and hands today for part of the time. If I do CT at night I can't seem to warm up unless I get in bed and get to sleep (usually at 9 when kids are going to bed!) I think I prefer morning CT though it's not always easy to fit in.

Inflammatory weight still going away. 10-12 lbs lost since most recent peak weight at Christmas.

Lahelada likes this.
  2. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I survived my first traveling since starting on this journey. :rolleyes: There were a few hiccups, but I managed quite well with many sunny cold mornings in Pennsylvania. The kids even got to sled ride. I wasn't able to do full CT- just face dunks- so I'm getting back into the swing of that. After reading Inger's story I decided to try shorter sessions of CT to see how that affects my warming up afterwards. I wonder if I've pushed my body temp too low even though I've kept my skin cherry red and lovely. I'm just in awe of how good I feel. Though my list of foods seems comical to many, it's so gratifying to eat well and feel well. A friend was amazed that I haven't had any oreo cookies (they were previously "safe" sine they were dairy free) and the thought of them disgusts me! Everyone knows they taste like chemicals anyway and why would I sabotage myself for that?! lol A really lovely baked good does look appetizing, but I know I have what I need and I'm able to admire the beauty of other food when it passes by.

The hardest part is still owning this for myself in the face of others who sometimes truly want to know and understand me. Part of it, for me, is really acknowledging my disease and that it does affect my life. I've been able to ignore it for the most part and not give it much attention in this mainstream life. Though I've always been one to go a bit against the flow I've always been able to fit in somewhere and seem "normal". This is forcing me to throw that all away because "normal" in this mainstream life is deadly. It was such a relief to get back home after traveling and be in a safe place where I don't have to try to explain me. My parents and I talked a lot while I was there about what I'm doing and why, but mostly my dad just belittled my actions and mocked me for them. :confused: The saddest part is that they are suffering themselves and they won't be helped. Mom said I was too skinny (it apparently shows in my face) and another family member asked if I was OK (aka anorexic) and someone I had only met twice commented on my size as well. Are we all so focused on body image and weight in a totally unhealthy way? Yes. Oy. Perhaps it's because most everyone is so far on the opposite extreme? I guess if you've spent your life trying to lose weight to no avail (low fat diets) then someone who is a healthy weight and eating bacon is just appalling. o_O

At least Dad ate the meaty bits of bacon and left all the fat for me. :rofl: Oh wait... Mom is worried about my bacon consumption because I still have a gallbladder and she does not. :eek:

Phosphene and Lahelada like this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

There is a value to make sure that body's midsection get UV exposure.
    When using Red Sperti I keep Sperti's center at about my navel level.
    Half of the time Sperti shines at my front, then I turn and expose my back.
    Same likely goes for IR-A exposure.

Phosphene likes this.
  4. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Perfect! I was doing yardwork in my bikini top yesterday :)

5. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

It feels like it's been forever. I've been able to incorporate a lot of things as new long-term daily lifestyle changes, however getting CT in has been challenging and I've had too much coffee, wine and chocolate. While my weight and body comp have stayed the same, I definitely don't feel great like I did 5-6 weeks ago. Time to reassess and kick it up a notch. I don't feel defeated because I've made long-term changes in the past and I know it's a journey.

I'm wondering as I dive back into all the info to share with a friend, how quickly you can become LR after resetting? What are the things that trigger LR the most? Is it an individual thing? And for me in particular, I'm wondering if I need to commit to a longer leptin reset since I have the thyroid disease factoring in? :confused::confused::confused: I felt great... until I didn't. Will simply removing the coffee, wine and chocolate be enough? I'd love to do labs, but it's not possible at this time. Lots of pondering and rereading going on here.

Phosphene likes this.
  6. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Vermont here I come! So thankful for @Theka for the momentum to get there! :D:D:D

7. Theka

Theka Gold

Woohoo!! You bring the bacon and I'll bring the wine; we can get the oysters there! ;-)

LieselK, Phosphene and Lahelada like this.
  8. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

You girls rock!

LieselK and Phosphene like this.
  9. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Lots of bacon! Mmmmm...

10. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

Gall stones could be caused by a lack of good fat intake.
    https://proteinpower.com/drmike/2014/01/26/get-rid-gallstones-without-surgery/

LieselK likes this.
  11. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Feeling high! I've been sunning so much every day lately and CTing as much as I can in the baby pool. We were invited to our neighbor's pool for the first time this season yesterday and it didn't even feel cold to me when everyone else was chilly! I'm picking up a galvanized stock tank this week- decided that was my Mother's Day gift- so I can really get my outdoor CT going!

Listening to Jacks' Vermont talks over and over and picking up more bits and pieces. I replaced my copy of Epi-Paleo Rx since a friend lost mine so I can get another read with my dopamine and DHA filled brain :) My Ra Optic glasses will be on their way soon and my 23andme is processing.

Now to decide about some labs... I want to just do them ALL, but that's not feasible right now. I'd love to know what my CRP is doing and my thyroid, but I know I'm doing all the right things to help it and I feel GOOD so a thyroid panel may not be the most important at this time. I'm thinking iodine absorption and iodine levels would give me more info to really work with.

SOOOOO looking forward to Vermont. I think the hubby is going to be along for the ride! What a great way to celebrate our wedding anniversary!

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

For the last 10+ years, I just take dropperfull of Lugols daily and do not worry about testing.

LieselK and Theka like this.
  13. drezy

drezy Gold

Hmmm... I may need to follow suit on that one.

Theka likes this.
  14. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I started putting a dropper full in a douch bottle and up the up the little girl down yonder. .lol I read on another site a few years ago someone did that and her fibroids shrunk. Also read another woman who had thyroid nodules and took iodine (she did by mouth) and her nodules shrunk and then disappeared. I have both but not sure if they are still there. That was 2-3 years ago.

15. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I thought it might be helpful to know if I have a problem absorbing iodine though?

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

One of the ways to read what @Jack Kruse says here is that we started being iodine deficient when we started agriculture (over 10000 years ago).

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-2#post-107738

--------------
    Discussing satisfying thyroid needs for iodine is in a way distraction.
    It is discussing importance of 10% while neglecting 90%.
    There are huge needs for iodine in the rest of the body.
    --------------

I think for @Jack Kruse DHT is #1 and iodine is #2

LieselK likes this.
  17. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

23andMe has come back!

Maternal Haplotype:
    U5b2a2

Latitude:

snps see attachment

Attached Files:

18. EStein

EStein New Member

19. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Back for an update: Vermont was awesome for so many reasons! My husband and I got A LOT of time to talk and be together driving up and back, got to see my sis and BIL and meet Jack and Sandy and others! Such fun memories! It was hard to really take it all in so since that time I've been a bit of a hermit just focusing on my family and soaking up the sunshine. My husband has been so committed to our morning and evening sun time- he has the best tan I've ever seen on him. We both got tan-through swimwear and have been soaking it up! We spent a week at the beach with friends and not one of my family members got burnt- first time ever we've done so well! Usually someone turns into a lobster and is miserable. It was amazing! I keep telling my friends how it (morning and evening sun) really DOES work!

I've truly rested this last week after so much traveling and prep for traveling to enjoy my kids and our summer break together. I have much more energy to do fun things with the kids and find it easy to say "no" to all the crap I don't want to do. I'll be taking the kiddos up north to visit friends and family in another week or so- lots of swimming on the menu. It's pretty blazing hot now in NC, but I'm enjoying it so much more this summer than ever before. The trough is a lifesaver since we don't have a pool of our own.

Not much else to report- I know I need a consult with Jack but I refuse to fret about what is or isn't happening at this moment. Thinking back to past summers I was so stressed out and anxious about so many things. It's so incredibly different this year. Big win right there :love:

Theka, caroline and drezy like this.
  20. caroline

caroline Moderator

fantastic update!