1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Momma Liesel @ Aproned Acre

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by LieselK, Feb 9, 2018.

1. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

1122191600.jpg 1122191600a.jpg
    @drezy we had 2 water oaks cut down when we moved in then D and our good friend split a bunch of it when the friends came down from NC to visit. But I also just bought a face cord of seasoned wood to burn inside until ours is dried out next winter.
    1126191314.jpg

drezy likes this.
  2. Youre right. I had a few rough weeks of stress related to a trip for work - once it was over all my "symptoms" went away. I'm focusing again on God and doing what I know worked for me last year - cold, CT, light, fish. I wont own a disease like its mine and I definitely wont give up!

Thank you for the encouragement, it really helps.

LieselK likes this.
  3. I also like the seaweed snacks! Sometimes I use the laver sheets for burger wraps. The wakame is really nice for soups. It tastes like a hearty veggie like escarole or something.

LieselK likes this.
  4. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I love the burger wrap idea!

5. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Thanksgiving was amazing! We had friends from Ohio come down and the weather was spectacular. We ate, drank and went to the beach! Late nights by the fire and so much good conversation. We ate at a local oceanside fish market at the end of beach day. Soooo good! Temps show 80 on Mon so I think I'll head back to the beach with the kiddos (1.5 hr drive.)

It can be so easy to try and control everything and maintain status quo, but prior to this holiday I was actually sitting in unrest and some anxiety despite everything seeming calm and under control. It's good to be reminded that life is meant to hold so much more.

6. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

1210191802~2.jpg

Hormone panel.

7. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Current status:

I feel like I have better mental clarity, but nothing drastically better. Definitely better than this time last year, but not as good as I know I can be. My hormones are off a bit, but not horrible which is good. Progesterone/estrogen ratio is good, but cortisol and progesterone are lower than we want. Of course testosterone is integral for sex drive (we didn't test for testosterone) but cortisol will also factor into that. I question whether I am even ovulating and will take temp daily to assess. Cortisol is a marker for adrenal function (I am already taking DHEA for adrenal support). Main concern is the mental clarity and having energy. Leptin status is good based on labs and my experiences. Key is to balance hormones so that the cold will be able to reverse the auto immunity and then the pathways in which my body is not using sun and light to it's full advantage will be restored. Hormones also affect the gut so much. Low thyroid hormone means gut issues. I'll keep taking acv for stomach acid until hormones are stabilized. Acv will also create microbiome durability in and of itself- it helps microbes communicate with another in the gut. Plan is to exercise today and note tolerance and recovery. Begin a bio identical cortisol tomorrow and note immediate effects on energy, clarity, exercise tolerance, etc. Then in a week increase thyroid hormone replacement and note those changes. Also CT in the mornings when cortisol is highest to see changes in tolerance with that. (The labs only tell us so much so it's great to have other things to look at to assess how I'm doing.) Also noted that while I have antibodies they are not high enough that my thyroid is being actively attacked which is pretty cool to ponder.

This was my workout today:
    Starting with 3 of each then 5 then 10, whole thing x 3:

Breathing on back
    Dead bug
    Roll onto each side
    Shin box- roll up onto knees
    Farmer's carry down and back carrying patio stones
    Push ups on log
    Tricep dip on log
    Squats

After 3 sets then do:
    Step ups onto log 30-60sec
    Lat raises with wood pieces x 10
    Dead lifts using crowbar x 10
    Bar raise above head with crowbar x 10

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    caroline and Christine_L like this.
  8. Sounds like a good exercise routine!

LieselK likes this.
  9. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I feel great. Lots of rest by the fire over the holidays and lots of CT. Every night the whole family has been getting in the pool- my youngest gets the giggles and makes us all laugh. It's so cool to see my kiddos being so brave and conquering it!

The hydrocortisone is dramatically increasing my tolerance to CT which makes me appreciate my own bravery for doing it for so long without the perks from taking cortisol and thyroid hormone. It is SO much easier and more enjoyable when you're not shaking, teeth chattering or taking all day to recover from a session. I'm pretty fucking awesome.

Taking ACV in liquid form has helped my stomach acid issues and the symptoms that resulted. I've tried to switch to capsules but they don't work nearly as well. I'm thinking maybe a combo will work- use liquid at bfast and try capsules for other meals. We'll see.

I have an herbal tincture that my doctors colleague created for me to assist with my symptoms while we regulate hormones. I figure it's not going to hurt plus the routine of taking things like that reminds me that I'm worth it. It's self love.

I've been having amazing dreams, in color, and not feeling nearly as fatigued.

caroline likes this.
  10. drezy

drezy New Member

Very good sign.

11. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

CT before bed seems to make the biggest difference. The pool is up to 68 today so it's barely CT, but we'll be having some cool nights this week!

caroline and drezy like this.
  12. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

This was after about 6 wks on low dose hydrocortisone and a low dose DHEA supplement and increase in thyroid meds (.75 g Armour):

1/28/20- btwn 8-9am
    TSH 2.59
    T4 4.9
    T3 uptake 30
    Free thyroxine index 1.5

DHEA-Sulfate 730.6

Cortisol 27.8

Vit D 41

We stopped the DHEA supplement then halved the cortisol then stopped it altogether. Supplementing with 5,000iu Vit D (1,500 was min recommended but I only have 5,000iu capsules.) The hydrocortisol was awesome. It really allowed me to utilize the cold as my thyroid hormones are getting to where they need to be. I pop into the pool every morning before breakfast and then usually again in the afternoon.

I just had labs done again and am waiting on results- they will include testosterone. We also did a breath test for H.Pylori to rule it out because we're trying to figure out my gut issues- mostly belching. Getting back to keto diet to see how that feels and supposed to start LDI soon, but I'm waiting until I feel I'm at a level place so I can tell how it affects me. My energy has been lower the last few days. Allergy season is upon us and my eyes are often itchy. Yesterday I felt like maybe I was fighting off a cold so I spent the day at the beach. Just more tired than I have been lately.

Overall very positive changes.