1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Momma Liesel @ Aproned Acre

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by LieselK, Feb 9, 2018.

1. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Thanks lady! It's been quite a journey and it's still often HARD, but I am so glad to be here. But don't put me on a pedestal. Know your worth and know that investing in you AND in others is always worth it. PM me to chat anytime!

Phosphene likes this.
  2. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

3. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Short summary from recent labs and adjustments to plan as I work with Dr. Stillman:

Overall looking good for having not been on any meds. No surprise that antibodies are still high. CRP is even lower than in January which is amazing! Vit D is lower than I would expect, but not bad. We're going to supplement with low dose DHEA since it should be higher than it was at the time of day I had labs done (about 9am). This will support adrenals while we try supplementing thyroid hormone with Armour to enable me to handle the cold better. The goal is to be able to CT colder and longer to reprogram the cells and see if I can then come off meds down the road. Either way, it is worth noting that critically low thyroid hormones (which is not me at this time) contribute to accelerated aging. I have never been opposed to taking medication, but I've never had anyone explain why it is helpful (for me) as a support to continue true healing as opposed to using meds to "fix" symptoms only. It's a great time of year for this since it's cooling off and I can easily CT colder while also beefing up my infrared with daily fires in the yard and periodically in the house fireplace as weather allows.

I went through a summary of hypo symptoms and marked off things I experience today so I can compare down the road. I feel really good about this and none of it stresses me out. I feel like it's all just gathering more information to continue making decisions for my benefit. Like weighing yourself- it can stress you out or it can give you information that is sometimes useful and sometimes not and overall it's not a big deal.

malc0088 likes this.
  4. Its so good to see your positive attitude here! My most recent labs make me feel like crap and very agitated! I've put on weight, my TPO is 15, TSH is 1.92, Vit D is low at 43, and my HSCRP has doubled since last year to 1.5!! (it used to average around .5-.8)

What kind of seaweed and seafood are you eating? Are you able to do more sardines or salmon 5-7 times a week and getting back into the seaweed swing now. Made a wakame soup this week, pretty good. I havent done much CT except in the morning outside. I think its holding back my progress.

5. malc0088

malc0088 4th dimension

I can relate. Have you ever thought that maybe your 'I feel like crap and agitated because of your lab results' are adding to your increased CRP? Studies have associated high effort, overcommitment, and Effort-Reward Imbalance with increased HSCRP.

Christine_L likes this.
  6. malc0088

malc0088 4th dimension

I feel really good about this and none of it stresses me out. I feel like it's all just gathering more information to continue making decisions for my benefit. Like weighing yourself- it can stress you out or it can give you information that is sometimes useful and sometimes not and overall it's not a big deal.

Love this!!! Does it pass the coma test? Can someone be in a coma and feel stressed? nope. Therefore, we have control over it via our mindset. Let go, let God.

Christine_L and Phosphene like this.
  7. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

So Jack told me once that it didn't matter how I felt if I don't have the labs and everything else to see the whole picture (something like that), but I disagree. Course then 6 months later he went on a rant about intuition and how important it is on the blog...

My point is, don't let the labs or a "disease" or anything else diminish who you are and what you know about yourself. Labs and doctors and forums and Google can push a lot of things on you that aren't actually your reality. Find the joy. The fellowship of the Spirit. Your quiet center. Whatever that is to you. And breeeathe.

I can't explain where I'm at except that when it became clear that I needed a different environment (because of how I had felt the 6-8 months prior during the summer and there were no labs to "prove" anything about it) I surrendered it all to God because I knew I couldn't make it happen on my own. It didn't mean I didn't advocate for myself or have a voice, but I had peace. When doubts crop up or anxieties surface I stop and breathe and surrender.

8. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I put dried kelp on something 1-3x/day and eat seaweed snacks once a week or more. I do salmon once a week or more depending on how much is left over. Sardines are hit or miss. I eat some sort of fish or seafood daily if not at every meal.

As for CT I go through phases. Today the sun came out and it was hot so I got in the pool midday. My husband and I will go in tonight and I'll last maybe 10 min at 72 degrees. Last winter I didn't do it at all in NC save maybe a few times because it's a lot of effort there which the trough or just kinda horrible doing it indoors. I just do my best and try to be intentional.

9. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I had a really great midwife speak this truth to me when I was pregnant the first time and a doc I saw once at the end freaked bc she said I measured smaller and that meant there could be a lack of amniotic fluid. This doc was NOT happy I was planning a homebirth. So I saw my midwife who actually palpated my belly to feel the baby and the fluid which felt normal and we discussed that doing an ultrasound like the doctor wanted to would just provide more information. It wasn't bad (this was 12 years ago so emfs were not on my radar) to do the ultrasound and doing it didn't automatically mean anything was wrong. However she said it was so comforting and took ALL the stress away. I opted to not do it and all was well in the end. I'll never forget that mindset she shared with me.

10. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

@Inger always talks about her amazing dreams and while I have dreams they are never worth mentioning. Except last night I had a really wonderful totally unrealistic dream that was just pure and full of love and discovery. Maybe it was all the CT and infrared firelight I stocked up on before bed!

11. drezy

drezy Gold

This is an experiment worth repeating for sure.

Christine_L, Phosphene and Inger like this.
  12. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Maybe not tonight as it's a good 15 degrees colder outside! I CTed this morning in full sun and warmed by the fire all day for that one. It was windy here too.

I was wrestling with this today. Ideally I'd be CTing all day, but that's not sustainable for me. We've been doing CT most nights (D included) and my friend did this weekend too when she was visiting. The fire is key to happiness and I'm ordering water socks. Anyway I settled on CT once a day is my minimum and anything beyond I'll take as bonus.

Christine_L, Phosphene, Inger and 2 others like this.
  13. Rachel151

Rachel151 Gold

I'm just really vibing with everything you're about. I don't know if this is some kindred Mama thing or because we are both reaching for the same goals. Is this entanglement via the web? Don't know. It doesn't matter really. I just really appreciate your message and your private messages to me. You are truly a wonderful person.

Phosphene and Inger like this.
  14. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

1118190925.jpg

Water 60 degrees, air temp 60. Fire waiting for me in the yard!

15. Inger

Inger Silver

love it Liesel :) those occasional dreams full of such a deep, sweet love are so unforgettable :) :) we are lucky to have them :) :)

Christine_L, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  16. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

1120191350.jpg

Pool temp is dropping. 58 degrees, but HOT sunshine today!

17. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

HOT mama! :love:

I guess were not too far apart now my dear, but with my parents along I’m sure I can’t manage a visit. They are so set in their misguided ways, but happy at the same time. So I just smile and let it go at this point...

March for sure! :):):)

LieselK likes this.
  18. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Enjoy the time with them and let me know when you head back this way :)

Phosphene likes this.
  19. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Contrary to the local mentality I am not enjoying FL winter. The barista at Starbucks (I was buying FL mugs for gifts) and I had a shared moment- she's from Puerto Rico and agrees that it is not quite tropical enough here! But my pool is a giant CT tank and every day I have a fire in the yard.

D is already always pretty cold acclimated, but he is also CTing daily and even goes under which I can't do unless I have full sun. He joked as he was stepping into the pool that #1. It goes against everything his brain says is safe and good and #2. If he had known this was where he was headed 13 years ago he might not have married me! I told him that because of me he can keep up with the fitness convos related to his work in marketing. We not only know all the buzz words, but we do them. Shared experiences right?! And ultimately it requires very little effort! I'm proud of him.

Christine_L, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  20. drezy

drezy Gold

Did you bulk purchase wood?
    I very much enjoyed my chat with your husband.

I try to think deeply about these things like who I was and who I am now and why I identify with certain aspects while other aspects are under the surface but still important.

The line I've rolled around my head for months is something I heard in a Joseph Campbell interview

I think this applies to more that just faith (as a noun).

Camus, who as an atheist and across the aisle from where I gather you may be, seemed to bump against some of this with his concept of the absurd hero.

The mere act of an otherwise first order rational guy realizing that he is doing something that never would have fit with his script before makes the guy interesting to say the least.