1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Momma Liesel @ Aproned Acre

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by LieselK, Feb 9, 2018.

1. haha! I love it!!

2. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Speaking of nature-focused time... did I ever post the "senior photos" of me and my girlfriends in WV this past Spring?! I HAVE to find those...

Christine_L likes this.
  3. Wow, you said a mouthful sister! "Like, I had to go to college and choose another different career because it's not OK to just want to be married and have babes."

Phosphene likes this.
  4. Its possible but post again!

5. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

IMG1027756634929458362.jpg IMG3306601977445237413.jpg IMG4749589162928296989.jpg

We stayed in a little wifi-free house in the boonies of WV for some girl time this past Spring. SO much fun! I was struck with this idea to have everyone pose like traditional "senior photos" and we had so much fun with it! Also got to put my feet in that creek that we were hiking along. It was lovely!

Inger and Phosphene like this.
  6. Soooo cute! What fun!!!

7. malc0088

malc0088 4th dimension

I was doing more reading on 'health and light' by john ott this morning. He told he history of the first TV sets in peoples homes. The black/white cathode leaked X-rays!!! When the color TV came out it leaked 3x the amount of X-rays because it had a red, green, yellow cathode. He said it took quite a long time for the goverment agencies to catch up, and industry to tried to deny/hide it, go figure. So, @LieselK , atleast your not allowing your kids to sit infront of an X-ray machine TV set. I remember my mom warning me to never sit too close to our black/white cathode tv...had I only knew how deep it truly goes. Going camping this weekend, gonna be an off grid 3 day rest for my mito's.

Phosphene and LieselK like this.
  8. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

OMG technology is just scary. End of story. Enjoy camping!

9. Ronald Waters

Ronald Waters New Member

Great news that you are feeling benefits from changes and anxious and willing to move forward.
    I agree it is very important to be well informed when visiting a doctor, we must all mange our own health and ultimately determine what works. You can also order labs online, at least here I can, but there are so many tests available that without guidance it would take a king's ransom to order all the possible testing.
    I will follow your story for more updates.

LieselK likes this.
  10. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

1006191509.jpg 1006191504.jpg

I planted some things! Yay! Hibiscus, milkweed, a fig tree, spikeweed and blackberry. Food for us and food for butterflies and hummingbirds :)

KrusinWitchie, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  11. drezy

drezy Gold

Keep an eye on the micro-climates (aka north side and south side of structures).

Phosphene and LieselK like this.
  12. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I had an appointment today with a doc and it went so well! I'm so glad to finally have a doc that understands my methods and is on the same track. As much as it's possible to go it alone and decipher your own labs I really really needed someone to walk alongside me through this. I am so tired of trying to figure it all out and I honestly don't want to keep focusing on my disease. I want to be free to focus on my kids and live life. This is a huge win for my journey and feeling confident on my path. There's nothing to change right now- we'll be doing labs soon. Overall it was such a relief to have some explanation and confirmation. I feel much less stressed and much less pressure.

13. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Recap of appt:

Looking at last 2 labs (Jan 2018 and Feb 2019): decreased CRP is excellent as well as my Vit D level. Definitely making progress in reducing inflammation. However TSH and antibodies were high- discussed context of that time.
    Dentist Rec: Tom Gilton in St. Pete
    Meter to test nnEMF- Safe Living Technologies
    Stay healthy and keep inflammation low for healing- antibodies have to be down long enough for the body to decide it no longer needs the T cells that are attacking the thyroid.
    CT- I am limited bc of my thyroid and adrenals (I get cold quickly, low cold tolerance). Taking thyroid meds may be beneficial for the short term to give me the ability to CT colder and longer to get the most anti-inflammatory benefits.
    When thinking about consumption of coffee, wine or chocolate you must consider the circadian rhythm of the thyroid. There are no hard and fast rules about consuming them or not. Chocolate has sirtuins- beneficial.
    Green tea- EGCG for liver health. Noted relationship of thyroid to liver and often ppl have underlying liver issues.
    To sugar or not to sugar and what kind? Honey. Helps modulate the immune system.
    UV light is modulating the immune system... it is also detoxing heavy metals. Due to my history (Pittsburgh and Ohio), heavy metals could be a factor. Temperature inversion in Pittsburgh. Increase cilantro and parsley (every meal) to chelate heavy metals. Use sea salt from the sea, not inland sources as that will help too. Onions and garlic are great for this, but I tend to burp a lot when I eat them. Recommended approaching them in small doses and work up. I will be diligent to monitor my burping and write down context surrounding it. (It is SO much better since moving.)
    Upon reading history, suspect auto-immune reaction to rabies vaccine. Primary problem immunoregulation. We might try low dose immunotherapy.

Phosphene, malc0088 and drezy like this.
  14. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I was a volunteer in the children's ministry at my bible study yesterday. I requested the infant room and held crying babes all morn. One even defeated my trademark bounce! A friend asked me how it was to be in there, as in, how does that feel when you've miscarried? It's sweet, not bitter, but sad. I'm not sure that will ever change.

15. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

Hi Liesel! I just finished reading your journal. Thank you for what you’ve written and shared with us.

I used to volunteer at an organization for eating disorders and worked directly with our contacts. It was a very healing experience for me of which I don’t think I was aware of at the time. Reading your journal has inspired me to help women again in the future in some way.

I am also inspired by your move to Florida. I believe that is where I am being called to move to as well. I found Dr. K just months after moving thousands of miles from Texas to New Hampshire and have ignorantly been forcing our lives to adjust to an environment we know isn’t good for us.. out of laziness and fear of dissappointing controlling family I guess. Your positive yet honest discussion of your transition is enough to take my blinders off and begin discussions with my SO.

In addition, my dream is to be a homeschooling mom who “works” poolside from a rural home. Cheers!

Phosphene, malc0088 and LieselK like this.
  16. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Thanks for taking the time to read all of this! It's certainly not an easy road, but it's worthwhile. Don't give up!

Phosphene, KrusinWitchie and malc0088 like this.
  17. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

How are you Hon?

LieselK likes this.
  18. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Feeling loved! I closed my tab with the forum because I was checking it too often. My family went to Legoland yesterday which was awesome! We were really able to enjoy the day and just be together doing something new and fun as a family. I spend so much time being "mean mom" so it was really nice to just do all the fun things. I've been planting (nothing has sprouted yet) but have planted mature plants for the monarchs (which have already come by) and just enjoying continued summer.

We are gearing up for visitors- my brother and his family then our good friends so that will be nice. I should get my blood drawn next week for my labs though I still don't have a FL driver's license so I may have to actually do my hair for that first! I find that I SO do not care about appearance these days. It's different from being a mom with a tiny babe... it's just being comfortable with me and not caring one iota about what others think. This humidity has be quite moisturized and it's so hot there's only so much to wear anyway. I stay home most days in my kiniki. Life is just... comfortable.

While sun might make others not need to eat much, I find myself ravenous these days. While it still may be so warm out I guess the days are a bit shorter so maybe I'm fattening up. Seasonality is so different here in FL. The strawberry patches are in prep and we're planting all kinds of veggies. I've been working on the yard- planting bananas and starting some things from seed- lemon, star fruit and avocado. We have a lot of herbs going.

Sleep in my big thing. I just need it. I can only do 1-2x/week staying up late or I really suffer. It's the one thing that makes me think i can't handle having another bitty baby. It's all in God's hands. There's nothing I can do right now but rest.

Phosphene, KrusinWitchie and caroline like this.
  19. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I'm not 35 anymore. Maybe I should update that first post in my journal!

Florida is still hot and sunny even though the sun is low in the sky. I get in the pool daily and have been enjoying my yard work. We do school outside every day. I feel SO good compared to last year. It's not even really comparable. Like different lives altogether.

I'm planting fruit trees and plants for the birds and butterflies- food and pretty things and all for joy. Things are good and right here.

Getting my blood drawn tomorrow... stay tuned for updates!

KrusinWitchie, malc0088 and caroline like this.
  20. Rachel151

Rachel151 New Member

After reading so many posts over the past couple of weeks, I’m kind of in awe of you. You’re so inspiring!

LieselK likes this.