1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Momma bird

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by drezy, May 17, 2018.

1. drezy

drezy New Member

Recent blogs and observations of nature have my head spinning.

I have a momma bird on my back porch. The temperatures here are high enough that she is not keeping the eggs warm, but still she mostly sits on her eggs.

Previous Engineering Me could easily describe this situation as though she is simply adding heat for removing it( but breathing it out while on eggs). I'd dust off my engineering view of the world hands and walk away pompously.

I have a creeping suspicion that momma bird is transferring information with breathing, heart rate, ELF-UV, andother contact factors.

Doc, you dropped a piano on my previous understanding of entropy.

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[QU OTE="drezy, post: 241447, member: 19879"]Recent blogs and observations of nature have my head spinning.

I have a momma bird on my back porch. The temperatures here are high enough that she is not keeping the eggs warm, but still she mostly sits on her eggs.

Previous Engineering Me could easily describe this situation as though she is simply adding heat for removing it( but breathing it out while on eggs). I'd dust off my engineering view of the world hands and walk away pompously.

I have a creeping suspicion that momma bird is transferring information with breathing, heart rate, ELF-UV, andother contact factors.

Doc, you dropped a piano on my previous understanding of entropy.[/QUOTE]