1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Molecular Hydrogen/H2 - Ultimate Mitochondrial/Redox Compound?

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by bio-fractal-soul-self, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Awesome, BTA! I'd definitely like to look into those. That being said, I do know for a fact that the Lourde's water machine works; one of the worlds leading experts on hydrogen and H2 in particular often recommends them or hydrogen tablets made from the metal of magnesium that dissociates in the gut to H2. I also know a few people using the Lourde's machine with excellent results. I was interested in those other items though, because, well, they aren't like $1500 lol!

I know there are makeshift ways to do electrolysis at home with the metal of magnesium, but there is a possibility of trace amounts of heavy metals also leaking into the water - not something I'd consciously consume.

2. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

Here you go. DIY hydrogen water that is super cheap:

I am going to do another version, that was inspired by the video above, but it doesn't use boiling water or glass bottles. Too easy for them to shatter. People on Longecity forum have had good success using the below mentioned version. Both versions are discussed in detail at this blog and has links for where to get the materials needed. I have everything except the corks for the test tube. But I am going to try this:

Hydrogen Water Test tube method

1. First use a funnel to fill the bottle with filtered water up to about 2 inches from the top. This partial filling of the bottle helps cushion the fall as you drop the stoppered test tube, containing the magnesium rod, into the bottle.

2. Put one gram, or slightly less than one-quarter teaspoon of malic acid powder into the test tube.

3. Place magnesium rod into the test tube.

4. Using the funnel add only a small amount of filtered water to the test tube, so that the liquid level is about an inch lower than the top of the test tube.

5. Twist the stopper gently but firmly until about half of the cork is inside the test tube. Caution: You must be gentle because the test tube is glass.

6. Drop the stoppered test tube, containing the magnesium rod, into the bottle with the filtered water. The contents of the test tube are normally heavy enough to cause the test tube to sink all the way in.

7. Then, quickly continue adding filtered water to the bottle so that it slightly overflows.

8. Immediately screw the cap tightly onto the bottle and place into the fridge for 1 hours

9. After an hour hold the bottle upright and shake the bottle side to side (left and right - not up and down).

NOTE: The plastic bottles are category #1 recyclables – PETE or PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate), and are generally considered safe, although you have to be careful that bacteria do not accumulate when reusing them.

NOTE: Shaking is important… According to Hip's tests, "when you don't shake the bottle, you only get 1 ppm concentration (even though the internal pressure in the bottle is 6 atmospheres); but after just 30 seconds of vigorous shaking, you get 5 ppm."

NOTE: The cork stopper needs to allow for proper venting of the hydrogen gas from the test tube, while at the same time not letting any of the water surrounding outside the test tube in. For our application the lower quality cork is appropriate, since it is desirable for bubbles to escape the test tube by working their way through irregularities in the cork. The lower XX quality cork we are using (note that all qualities are food grade) allows for venting while higher quality cork might not.

If additional venting is needed, try punching small holes vertically all the way through the middle of the cork using a pin, needle, or sharp nail. After you brew each bottle determine whether to punch more holes. If drinking water leaks through the cork into the test tube you have punched too many holes, and will have to start over using another cork.

Jan Christer likes this.
  3. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

I forgot to say the point of the post I made above is that the TEST TUBE method I outline under the video is completely different than how the guy is doing in the video. The test tube method only uses 1 magnesium rod and the guy in the video uses 4-5 rods in each batch. The test tube method was specifically designed to eliminate/redduce potential heavy metal contamination. How? The idea is that putting the magnesium rod into the test tube is theorized to prevent the heavy metals from getting into the hydrogen rich water.

How? As the reaction between the magnesium rod and malic acid occurs it pushes the hydrogen gas out through the small holes in the cork into the water. The bottle used is a tightly sealed water bottle made to hold pressurized liquids like carbonated spring water and it creates some sort of pressurized air barrier keeping the part that is having the reaction with the metal rod isolated inside the test tube.. meaning any potential contaminants, where the chemical reaction is occurring, primarily stays IN the test tube.

That is basically what the citizen scientists over at Longecity theorize is happening and they specifically created this new test tube method to stop any potential heavy metal contamination... BUT the only way to know for sure is to TEST!

All the materials needed are sooooo cheap (under $40) to make hundreds and hundreds of batches of molecular hydrogen rich water... It is worth testing a batch or two to see if this theory works.

Anyone know of a good reliable place to send water samples for heavy metals testing? Hydrogen isn't stable in water so they can't test for hydrogen but if there are a lot of heavy metal contaminants in the water those should be stable. If it isn't too expensive maybe I will sent a batch or two for testing and I will post the results.

The guy who made the video, where his magnesium rods and malic acid are dropped into the water and not isolated in a test tube, tested a batch and he claims it came up with no major signs of heavy metals. But when using any new magnesium rods for the first time it would be important to test each batch to be sure they are consistently free of high amounts of heavy metals.

Jan Christer likes this.
  4. Sarah Tonin

Sarah Tonin Silver

I'm very late to this discussion - but I have been sent a product that makes a claim that molecular hydrogen can be a synergistic therapy with photobiomodulation - my question is - can the body utilize molecular hydrogen in a capsule form?