1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

moccasins

Discussion in 'Optimal Reset 2013' started by Jasmin, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Jasmin

Jasmin New Member

If I use a pair of indoor skinmoccasins in winter to ground myself when I am outside can I then use beewax or fat at the sole to prevent that it will suck moist and water or will I eliminate the grounding-effect??

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oh wow, I'd forgotten that! Those "Indian" moccasins were our favorite footwear as children. They were fairly inexpensive, but since they got holes in them quickly, we had to convince Mom to keep buying them. Yeah, I remember laying them on their sides to dry the soles.
    Sure don't see them in the stores any more.

They looked like these, but without the extra sole on the bottom.
    hippie moccasins

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  3. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

I think if the conditioning stuff is natural, they will be fine. I just bought moccasins for doing my barn chores...They're pretty heavy duty and I wear lots of wool socks. If you're in a rainy climate I think you are going to need to condition the leather. I'm saving up for some handmade ankle boots with leather soles...

4. Oh Nonchalant we lived in those things as kids!! Loved them.

I agree with Seahorse and think that if whatever you put on your feet is natural it would be OK.

5. Jasmin

Jasmin New Member

Thank you Nonchalant, SeaHorse and Patty Cakes I will buy the skinmoccasins I have found and wear lots of wool socks because I have Ranauds and my tors hate cold :) But I want to be grounded no matter what.
    First I will try to just dry them but if it doesent work I will use some fat to protect them.

6. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I remember Dr. K saying that wet leather is best for grounding.