1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Mitophagy question

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Danny, May 5, 2016.

1. Danny

Danny New Member

Hi Jack,

I'm eating a relatively large amount of high light carbs while getting a ton of sun per your suggestion for clearing out bad mitochondria particularly in my digestive system. Would eating a high amount of protein instead of the carbs on some days be a good or bad idea for mitophagy? I get the fact that the high light carbs are sending a signal to the mitochondria in my digestive system.

Thank you

2. Danny

Danny New Member

Thank you

3. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

Danny, would you mind sharing examples of 'high light carbs'? Thank you.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Fasting increases AMPK best to stimulate it

seanb4, Danny and lohd2015 like this.
  5. Danny

Danny New Member

Anything that grows in high light, summer conditions. Local berries, fruits, veggies.

lohd2015 likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

There is at the UPR and both anterograde and retrograde mitonuclear pathways for mitophagy.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The UPR is very complex but covers anterograde and retrograde mitonuclear communications. Look for this article :
    "Mitonuclear communication in homeostasis and stress"
    Pedro M. Quirós*, Adrienne Mottis* and Johan Auwerx in Molecular Cell Biology April 2016 Volume 17.

Richelle Jones likes this.
  8. Danny

Danny New Member

I've done really well w/ the 2 day fasts here and there. Want to try a 3 day fast as well. Not that difficult either as long as I'm getting a lot of grounded sun. I did one 2 day fast during a time when I couldn't get much sun and that didn't feel as successful to me.

9. Danny

Danny New Member

Thanks! Looking it up now

10. Danny

Danny New Member

11. don't rent- It was supposed to be the full text...somehow I cannot upload the file. Wait, I will try again

Attached Files:

Danny and Lahelada like this.
  12. Danny

Danny New Member

awesome... thanks!