1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Mitochondrial Rx - results?

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by Lyndra, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Anybody else following the mito rx and seeing results?

I've been taking Q10 in the ubiquinone form for many years to try to stave off migraines (with some limited success). About 3 weeks ago I switched to ubiquinol (the reduced form) but cut back my dosage to 100 mg/day, thinking it was more bioavailable and that would be good enough. After learning more about mito health, just a week ago I decided to start ramping up. For the last two days, I've taken 600 mg/day. The last 2 nights I have had reasonably good sleep, staying asleep for 4-5 hours before waking and not waking with an urgent need to pee. Compared to my usual of waking every 2 hours, this is a huge improvement. I'm also taking d-ribose and r-lipoic acid but quit l-carnitine because it was giving me headaches.

Time to order a boatload of ubiquinol to see how much better I can get.

2. Glen PDQ

Glen PDQ New Member

I get NOW brand 100 mg Ubiquinol (60 softgels) for just under $28. It uses the Kaneka delivery system. Anyone found this same reduced form any cheaper?

I had my eye on the Carnosine for several months and bought it a couple days ago. Maybe it will be synergistic with my Carnitine.

3. Lyndra I wonder if you could add the l-carnitine back in once you replenished your ubiquinol. I'm thinking l-carnitine is not good for you by itself unless you have enough ubiquinol to balance it. Just a though because at this point I have no idea if I am right or not.

4. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

That's what I am hoping to do once I heal a bit more. Dr. K said my mito need help as evidenced by getting migraines when I take various amino acids, including carnitine. While I would love to dive in and do everything and get better RIGHT NOW, past experience has shown me I need to ease into it so I can gauge the effect one supplement at a time.

5. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

This idea is interesting to me! I started ribose, then carnitine 2 weeks later, then ubiquinol 2 weeks later again. In the first few days of carnitine (at high dose), I could start to feel a positive (almost calming/more mental resilience) difference. I was excited! By the time I was 10ish days into the carnitine, I was starting to get some rather dramatic set-backs thyroid-wise (feeling very hypoT). I took out the carnitine, and the symptoms resolved. How/why does ubiquinol need to be replenished before carnitine is added in?

6. freesia

freesia Old Member

I've been doing well on ubiquinol and l-carnitine for a year now, My problem is with the d-ribose!
    Whoa! ...Adding 5g of that in has made me sooooo tired, some digestive upset too...and (coincidence?) I've had burning hot feet.

It could just be that some bug has knocked me, from the same time I started to d ribose (Healthy Origins brand) 3 days ago.

Curious. Has anyone else not tolerated d - Ribose - then had success adding it in verrrry slowly?

7. Well, now listen to you, knowing what to do and all! I love it! Keep it up Lyndra!

8. I've been trying to keep up on your comments on the l-carnitine and going hypo by taking it. There must be some process that is happening inside your body. I need to look into the l-carnitine now. So much work, so little time, and so worth all of it!

I just threw the thought up on the forum for Lyndra to ponder about the CoQ10. I have no basis to think that was right it was just a thought...and it seems maybe a wrong thought. So the order of things may or may not affect what is going on and since each body is different

9. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I think order can definitely make a difference and your point about the need to replenish stores makes a lot of sense. I believe I was able to ramp up iodine fairly quickly because I had been supplementing with selenium for a long time beforehand. Results for all of us will vary based on our own unique context, which is going to change over time.