1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Mitochondria question?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Stephen W, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Stephen W

Stephen W New Member

If C02 is an exhaust product of mitochondria function, does this increase blood C02 levels higher if your mitochondria is functioning very well?

And what about alveolar C02 levels?
    Thanks

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Not if the system is operating well. If it is not C02 is not quantized and the results will be obvious to the clinician who knows what to look for.

3. Stephen W

Stephen W New Member

Ok. The reason I ask is that Dr. Artour Rakhimov from normalbreathing.com (Buteyko) says that my turbinates in my nose shrink when I slow my breathing because my C02 levels normalise in my body as I retain more C02 (blood and alveolar I believe) but I reckon they shrink because of the adrenaline from half suffocating. I have turbinate swelling issues.
    Thanks

4. Stephen W

Stephen W New Member

And my thoughts were that if my mitochondria were functioning well and optimally and producing more co2, maybe I wouldn’t have to try to reduce breathing so much to shrink my turbinates. I probably have this all arse about face

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

LAST ten minutes.......absorb the data.

Paleodocteur and Stephen W like this.
  6. Stephen W

Stephen W New Member

Ok thank you I will give it a go!

7. Stephen W

Stephen W New Member