1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum. After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum. Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis. Sorry for the Inconvenience, but we hope you understand that this is needed to prevent the community from being ridden with malicious users!

Minimum effective dose for CT?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by sjoshua, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

Just came back in from a walk in the woods... and a short nude swim in the tiny lake, just a minute maybe!
    But I could really feel the shrinkage :) :) :)
    Walked barefoot a few km after...

My mom got rid of her severe asthma by just dipping in the river year round every morning (Finland)!
    Even small amounts can have big impact :)
    Alper likes this.
  2. brent-next

brent-next Gold

Okay I think I get it. I need to re-watch the Doug Wallace video:

and the more of the neolithic diseases that he describes that I have, the longer I need to spend in cold water.

Also older people will need to spend more time in cold water than younger people for optimal health.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  3. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I think it still goes back to heteroplasmy. Assuming that either had no Neolithic disease diagnosis, the façade is as expected for their chronological age ....Someone of 25 with the heteroplasmy rate of a typical 50 year old versus someone of 50 with the heteroplasmy rates typically expected in someone much younger/healthier ...:cool:. Which one needs more CT?

Speaking as an older person ....:D
    Brent Patrick likes this.
  4. brent-next

brent-next Gold

The video above gets really interesting starting at 24:13 and again at 26:09. Basically he says, "As mitochondrial function declines, you decline over time and that's aging".

He also says that if you take anatomy out of the center of medicine and put in energetics, you find that all the modern common diseases have the same pathophysiology.

That's a radical statement, but he has the experiments to back it up.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Silver

@brent-next

Do you think PQQ (and some other)(L-carnitine, lipoic acid, and coenzyme Q10) as described in this article, would change anything?

Rejuvenate Your Cells by Growing New Mitochondria
    Mitochondria are the only cell components (other than the nucleus) to possess their own DNA. This means mitochondria have the ability to replicate and increase their number within a single human cell.

http://www.lifeextension.com/Magazine/2010/SS/Rejuvenate-Your-Cells-Growing-New-Mitochondria/Page-01
  6. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Are the CT effects showing in a non-linear way even with consistent CTing? Like sun exposures?
  7. Dennis Durost

Dennis Durost New Member

Don't know if I'm spitting in the wind or not but am trying to spot treat midsection with a waist trimming belt stuffed with ice packs. Daily for one hour. A couple of people on youtube tried it and were pleased with the results. One guy lost an inch and a half on his waist after 30 days with an additional two inches coming off over a two month period after the icing was stopped. Worth a shot.
  8. brent-next

brent-next Gold

What you are trying to do is similar to the FDA approved fat reduction method called cool sculpting: http://www.coolsculpting.com/

The problem with trying to do this at home is that it's easy to give yourself frostbite and that won't make you look better at all. If you can afford CoolSculpting and there is one near you, at least go for the free consult. You will at least learn a lot that might make it safer at home.

The danger of doing this at home varies from wildly high to modest. Be careful. Read the research papers on Cool Sculpting.

You may also want to do overall CT for the overall benefits too.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Silver

There are two reasons why midsecion is large.

1----The fat that lies just below your skin in most of your body -- the kind you can grab with your hands -- is called subcutaneous fat.
    2----In your belly, it’s called visceral fat because it builds up in the spaces between and around your viscera -- internal organs like your stomach and intestines.
    ----------------

Increasing metabolism eventually should help with both. That correlates with easy to measure ----> temperature.
    If temperature is low (even just by 1/2 degree) it is going to be tough to loose that fat.

There are many ways to talk about it, but that just makes for long discussions.

Under tongue, should be 37C=98.6F
    but if you have:
    36.67C=98F
    it is going to be tough to loose that fat

Accurate digital thermometer helps.

///////////////

Digital Basal Thermometer for Ovulation Tracking BBT (1/100th Accuracy) with eBook, BONUS 3 Pregnancy Tests by Wondfo for Natural Family Planning (NFP)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M3Q50EJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Danco3636 likes this.
  10. Dennis Durost

Dennis Durost New Member

Thanks for the information. I did look at the Cool Sculpting site and lucky I did as it mentioned that anyone with a hernia in the treated area would not be a good candidate. I have two. In addition to a hietal hernia I have one at my belly button. Could I still benefit from overall CT? If so, what is the recommended protocol? Thanks again!
  11. brent-next

brent-next Gold

12. Allin

Allin New Member

I placed a large zip lock bag filled with ice cubes inside another large zip lock bag on my belly for 15 minutes to start. Over time, I increased that time to one hour. I wore a compression shirt at first until I reached 60 minutes and then removed the compression shirt. I would drink 16 oz of clean water before the session. I also ate a can of sardines three times a week for the DHA and worked in 30-60 minutes of sun on my belly most everyday. Now the cost is just about zero....:mmpft:
  13. Dennis Durost

Dennis Durost New Member

Thanks Brent
    What were your results?
  14. Allin

Allin New Member

Went from 38 in jeans to 36 in jeans.
  15. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Could it be from just general weight loss to to lifestyle changes mentioned? Did you weight drop of lean body mass change?
  16. Allin

Allin New Member

The love handles were reduced in size and it was harder to grab a chunk of fat around midsection.