1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Millennial, Useless BA, Med School??

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Jonathan Crana, Nov 18, 2019.

1. I wanted to ask jack in the "Ask Jack" forum but could not gain access even with Silver Klub.

My health journey has been truly deep for myself and quite literal everyone of my immediate family. Everyone around me is battling some sort of physical and/or mental dysfunction; it is astounding. After being shoved through the social rendering of university; lost would be a very simply way to put things. My focus has always been optimal health while we are alive in a not so forgiving environment. I am riding Jack's boat as the truth of the health crisis. I am gaining curiosity about Med school or some further education that would propel me down this path. However, I know Jack has spoken strongly on the misinformation being taught and i am not a huge proponent of the current schooling systems.

Wondering if anyone has any input or thoughts on gaining recognition to develop a career in this space and overall healing of the chronic disease epidemic (whether conventional or alternative)?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I would not do anything in healthcare if you want to change the system. Change will come from outside the system best in my opinion

3. Thanks for the reply Jack, it is truly appreciated
    An opinion that calls for a lot of pondering....

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Jonathan Crana likes this.
  5. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Welcome.

Dr Kruse's advice to you rings true. He should know.

I'm sorry your expensive university education did not prepare you for the real world. But that's the way it is now: academic establishment has been taken over by leftists more interested in spewing poppycock like how many genders there are and how many possible ways you could be offended by others.

You're young so you have some time to explore career possibilities. Remember that once you decide on a career that requires a considerable investment of your precious younger years and money then the opportunity cost lost to move to another (in hindsight) more appropriate field is tremendous. Choose wisely.

Best advice I can give to young people starting out is to forget about changing others and society. Be the change you want to see in the world. That is all you have to control of anyway. People will see your transformation and wonder about themselves.

6. drezy

drezy Gold

about 2% will in my experience.

Interesting choice of wording.

I hope that your education isn't completely useless.

What do you consider to be your personal skills and interests?

Jonathan Crana, JanSz and Lahelada like this.
  7. ElectricUniverse

Well, perhaps only 2% is understating it a wee bit!

In any case, the other '98%' of people will take note that you are a force of nature to be reckoned with, even if they don't know why.

drezy likes this.
  8. drezy

drezy Gold

2% is a pretty good rate in my book. It matches the rate of people in my sphere of influence that do the full monty (ct, AM sun, ALAN avoidance). I'd guess another 2% adopt pieces.

If you think of it as a trend keep in mind that the exact percentage pales in comparison to the growth. The growth of these ideas are exponential because eventually most people will go influence others. Using plain English I influenced 3 people. They may go on to influence 3 other people who might do the same. I'll take that rate of return any day.

ElectricUniverse and JanSz like this.
  9. ElectricUniverse

From where I sit, I don't give squat whether people sit up and pay attention to what I am putting down for them to pick up.

There is no accounting for what people choose to believe and who they want to follow.

There is a great idea out there that only a small percentage (some think it is around 10%) change in a population's belief system is necessary to effect major societal change-- i.e. critical mass to jumpstart major revolutions in science, societal norms, etc. is ridiculously low. Time elapsed to effect the actual change is probably guesswork.

If you know the 100th Monkey effect theory you know what I am talking about.

Unfortunately, if you look around you at our uncivil, degenerate society you will note that change has been going in wrong direction for decades.

Jonathan Crana likes this.
  10. drezy

drezy Gold

I like Sheldrake's take on it. I can't honestly say whether it's the science, gut feel, or I just like to hear Sheldrake chat up his morphic resonance theory.

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

12. Yes I agree. His statement is simple yet profound. It created a completely different perspective than which I had and turns my original question into more questions I am asking myself.

I appreciate the welcoming, kind words, and words of wisdom. I have been practicing extreme caution in pursuing a career because of just what you describe. The older we get the more expensive lessons will be and once roots begin to set, the harder it is to pick up and move. On the flip side of that, this extreme caution has led to a partial standstill in my life.

I agree, be the change you want to see in the world. I suppose I have never perceived change on a large scale, more so directly onmyself and the ones i hold close in my life. One of the dilemmas I have/ am experiencing beyond stagnation would be applying whichever career into the currently, disoriented financial structure. Money is very peculiar to me. Growing up in a society that has made financial gain a determinant of success and a family that experienced financial struggles; I have become to have an opaque relationship with money.

What career has your life led you to?

ElectricUniverse likes this.
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Many if not all current presidential candidates profess outright fights against financially successful.

14. I dont believe it was completely useless, that would be very ignorant of me. It did in fact allow me to face one of the biggest barriers in my life thus far. The lessons and personal growth I experienced was priceless. However, the immense amount of time I spent dabbling with the emotional roller-coaster of a young kid being essentially forced through the schooling, in the grand scheme of things, was not worth it (at least from a knowledge perspective).

I set out on a path years ago in search of my passion, destiny, purpose in life, etc. I have only really begun to get a feeling for my interests and skills, although still abstract I would say. Definitely could be a very long answer to that question. Self optimzation/ health and living to its fullest is most definitely toward the top of the list.

15. drezy

drezy Gold

You may have learned that schooling isn't for you. That's perfectly fine. It's not for me either.

I'm raising a teenage boy and have advice for him that probably applies pretty well to anyone young now. Let me know if you're interested in it. I could write some out.

16. Corey Nelson

Corey Nelson CoreyNelson.io

I'm interested.

17. drezy

drezy Gold

OK, I'll start one piece at a time and maybe find a better place to curate the list. I'll start with what I think may be the most important thing to grasp even though it can be the most abstruse.

#1 Own your own narrative
    Somehow over time I think we get a little detached from the understanding of how important narrative is.

We were all born messing our own pants. By the time we began to master our own eliminatory processes we were handed a narrative that we were a "big boy/big girl" now!

We all had to accept that as part of our own narrative identity regardless of how many times we were told it for it to really take hold.

The subtle thing that makes this worth writing is that whether you are 2,12,22,32, or 42 * the substance that is your narrative remains as malleable as day one if you find a way to bring the same ferocious inquisitiveness as a child when you work with it.

* - (my experience binds me to these decades although I think it may be limitless )

18. If—
    BY RUDYARD KIPLING

If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
    And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
    And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

19. ElectricUniverse

My career was in mapping and IT. Very rewarding intellectually but only modestly in remuneration.

You are standing on threshold of your life's work so I understand your caution in launching a career path.

You know the well-known phenomenon of 'analysis paralysis'-- stuck in a rut and afraid to make a choice or decision until you are 100% sure (LOL-- life is nothing if not uncertainty) or you have more information (you can never have enough, right?) to base your actions on.

There were times in my life where I realize in hindsight I should have followed my gut and followed through with a choice, no matter the possible repercussions of regret or suffering if it were not the right choice.

Sometimes we toss out the intellectual hamstrings and go with our gut. It is a sign of strength and bravery.

20. Thank you for this. I will read this over and over again. You touched on very key aspects for myself. Having them reaffirmed by someone else seems to have given some odd stability and clarity.
    Wisdom from age and experience is immensely valuable. However, in my experience, in today's world, age no longer equates to wisdom for many. Glad I'm getting a dose here thru a jack kruze forum.