1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Militant Food Groups Online- My Mistake

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Mark Osinski, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Mark Osinski

Mark Osinski New Member

If it helps anybody on here avoid wasting energy and resources online. I broke my own rule and I paid for it...

I did not know about this forum/Kruse until a few months ago when I stumbled on the VT 2016 video. Before that I was deeply engaged in following the LCHF, Keto, Insulin, Salt, Lipids, Carnivore related groups. I read a lot of their books and followed a lot of their online groups etc. I started to sour on much of that about a year ago for a number of reasons and once I finally got here I instantly realized how short-sighted the food groups are regardless of their motivation.

I made the mistake of commenting on a post in one of these groups yesterday. I suggested that when the environment in which somebody lives changes -and- their diet changes you can't just say it's the food and ignore those other factors. Apparently, you cannot suggest this in a food group that is based on the "science." I was immediately doxxed and was accused of being a "paymaster" of the big agra/pharma industry. After I said, I was not that person they accused me of using a fake profile picture to hide my real identity and intent to spread lies about food. But, ultimately they accused me of being part of that "electromagnetic" group which I can only assume is this group here.

Today, I am unfollowing all of that noise. Group think and confirmation bias comes up a lot in those places as reasons to question the "science" but, they are entrenched and it's really a shame. Its my fault, I own it. I broke my own rule of never commenting. Just thought I would share.

MarkO

Sheddie, God loves you and drezy like this.
  2. drezy

drezy Gold

Just a thought:
    If you ever feel the urge to waste some time with dopaminergically challenged non-critical thinking folks you could always just hang out at the DMV for an hour.

Sheddie likes this.
  3. Mark Osinski

Mark Osinski New Member

All unfollowed.

4. TabulaRasa

TabulaRasa New Member

I have spent most of my life studying diets and have tried so many different ones. I think that one major determinant of the correct diet for the body is the environment you live in; ie. you can get away with raw vegan in hot dry or tropical climate, but the diet basically does not work in cold damp places and ideally what you eat should vary with the seasons. A lot of that specific idea is basically explained in Chinese medicine. I found some people I brought it up to would agree but a lot of other people would be diet fanatics and that's just human nature.

5. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

I would call this a 'sun group' above anything else. Sounds much better.

Paleodocteur and Sheddie like this.
  6. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

Whatever else, when you change your diet you change your biochemistry. This can be good, good for the short-term/bad for the long-term, or 'bad' for your n=1. Monitoring your n=1, and the goals and experiments you undertake, takes diligence and being 'educated' -- an ongoing exercise to keep up with research and theorizing in such a field of interest 'guided' by opinion from many factions -- real health care pros, robotic health care pros, producers, suppliers, vendors, research designers and funders, test developers... as well as online interest 'groups' vying for your singular attention, or your disinterest. Discernment and 'know thyself' are critical. Being 'open-minded' is usually advantageous for learning. However, careful assessment of what flows in an open mind is a must. Your n=1 is a beautiful thing when shared with others who only need two habits , two criteria first assessed -- to tell the truth and take responsibility. Mostly, we do get excited and curious about novelty; new material to think about and integrate with older concepts, or analyze for what furthers. Usually, "fanatics" are self-deceptive to some stagnation point. This is very very different from engaging with, exploring, and allowing for paradigmatic change.

drezy and Paleodocteur like this.