1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Mike's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by MikoCroCop, Apr 28, 2016.

1. MikoCroCop

MikoCroCop New Member

Hi Everyone,

I've been meaning to start a journal ever since I met Jack at the 2014 Bulletproof Biohacking Conf. I read alot on the forum as well as the QH facebook group and really appreciate the positivity everyone brings. A few points about myself

-Born in the Fraser Valley in BC Canada to a Mom who was 17 and a Dad who was 19 (I wasn't planned obviously)
    -Started Ice hockey at the age of 5
    -Have a younger Brother who is a Dr. of Urology
    -Started working out with weights and Cardio around the age of 11
    -Always had a tough time concentrating in school, due to my high sugar cereal every morning
    -Started wearing contacts at the age of 15 nearly everyday (have since ditched them)
    -Have a Wonderful Wife and two Awesome kids
    -Broke my fibula in 2007 playing hockey, have a plate and 7 screws in it. At this point I learned what anxiety was all about. Couldn't put weight on it for 7 weeks, played lots of Xbox at this time.
    -Work for a Plumbing/Heating wholesale company under fluorescent light for the last 13 years however I do get outside alot at work.
    -My Dad had Prostate cancer and has since had it removed.
    -Once my wife goes back to work I'm looking at doing an RMT program
    -Hurt myself at the gym in Sept 2014 doing a Mason twist and have had pain in my right oblique, Psoas, groin area ever since. This injury has driven me nuts. I strive to have great posture and lifting techniques since but its been so annoying. I've been to Chiro, Massage, Physio, My GP to have tests to rule anything blood related out, all comes back great. Physio says my right hip has an anterior pelvic tilt. So I've been stretching and using some of Kelly Starrett programs and Dr Eric Goodman's foundation training, which has helped a bit, but there always seems to be some serious tightness in my QL or Psoas.

Since meeting Jack I've incorporated alot of Epi-Paleo principles wearing Blue-Blockers, having ice baths, eating lots more Fish and Seafood in general, Grounding and getting tonnes of Sun and sun-gazing(I even have a Kiniki)
    My sleep is great, my concentration is better, my eyesight has improved and continues to improve and I have a Positive outlook on life. The only time I have anxiety is when the chronic pain of my injury flares up but since dropping my contacts it seems to be nill.

My drawbacks tend to be family related. My parents are torn between Me (Mr. Natural) and my Brother who loves RCT's vaccinations and all things Doctor related. I tell my family and friends some of the things I do and they look at me like I'm nuts. I now remain quiet and just do my thing.

I want to keep improving on all aspects of my life and I feel I'm in the right spot here to do it. I need to be focused like a laser. But as you can see in my post I'm kinda all over the map. I look forward to moving forward with you all.

Mike

fitness@home, caroline and lohd2015 like this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome

MikoCroCop likes this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Mike and welcome ......I would say you seem pretty focused to me - Rome wasn't built in a day!

How is your brother's health? Your parents health?

Is your wife and kids on board? You will have a huge impact and influence on your immediate family ....and be around to see them grow up and flourish.

4. MikoCroCop

MikoCroCop New Member

Hi Caroline,

As far as I know my Brothers in good health (I don't see him much as he is in his last year of residency on the other side of Canada) But when I do see him it looks like his hair is thinning and looks more stressed due to being on-call almost all the time. After my Dad had his prostate removed he quit working out as he thought higher testosterone levels led to his cancer. He gained about 30 lbs and started looking fat. But in the last couple of weeks he's resumed working out and has lost about 15 lbs since. My Mom had her Gallbladder taken out about 15 years ago and had a knee replacement about 7 years ago. Her and my Dad love to ride their bikes and continue to do so.

My wife has slowly come along, she doesn't think I'm as crazy anymore :) She doesn't apply all the principles but she is trending in the right direction. My son loves canned oysters so that's a plus. Both my kids seem more mature/advanced than their peers although that could be me being biased.

caroline likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Don't survive, thrive. Do life soaring. If it reduces the quantum yield in your food, you better believe it reduces the quantum yield in your environment. The net effect, in plain English: if you are living in a low quantum yield environment, you have to work harder/do more to be healthy. Our cells, specifically mitochondria, read and react to our environmental choice we ALLOW; this includes those forced upon you by others. It shapes us and we are shaped by it. The six best healers in the world that I know: 1. Sunlight 2. Un-fluoridated water 3. magnetism/grounding to Earth 4. seafood 5. Self Confidence 6. Friends/supportive spouse That is all...........Carry On. http://www.nature.com/articles/srep12029 Here is the key that most of the critics miss..........the order of the recipe is critical to the success. Your perception will be thrown off if you do it other ways. I can think of 3 recent members who went of the rails this way. The last 4 series pointed this point this out but few understand the implications. Neil Billeaud and I have been offline talking about it. Your BUN/creat ratio and ketosis must be started before DHA loading. The blogs have been clear that the exclusion zone inside of cells manifests due to proteins within becoming hydrophilic first. People understanding of the recipe construction have not been correct. How do you do you make things hydrophilic? You slowly add in electrons. The way to add them is step 4 above. The closer you are to the equator means you have more push from your current (DC) and then you may not need as much........unless there is something peculiar about your environment, job, eyes, skin.