1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Mike Matarazzo

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Riversedge, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Good to hear from you again! I wish we had an ocean nearby - salt water just has its own feel. Let us know how the follow-up goes.

2. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Thanks Lyndra, I see the surgeon Monday morning but it has not improved much unfortunately. I have been doing my CT in the ocean and I love it. So much better then standing in a shower or laying in the tub. I did get seaweed in my eyes and of course that night my eyes swelled shut. Up at 3am for benadryl that was Thursday finally today it's almost gone. The eating is going the same I am trying to incorporate more fish but. I just can't stand it, I will keep trying.

The Weight has finally started moving again. Down 2lbs this week so the plateau has been broken! Movement will be ramped up this week training needs to start for the Triathlon in september. Whether I can compete or not is still in the air. The swim training will have to wait until the shoulder is fully healed. The one positive is I am a very strong swimmer and will need very little training. I will do breathing exercises all summer in the ocean which will help a lot.

Stay Frosty Friends

SW ~ 312 ~ 3/2/12

CW ~ 277 ~ 6/1/12

GW ~ 201 ~ ?

3. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

For water temps I just bring a meat thermometer.... Simple! Best of luck on your recovery

4. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

The Surgeon visit went well. I was concerned with the pop but he wasn't and said it was an adhesion/scar tissue. I got him to give me another Ice wrap which I love, now I have two. I am progressing well, he told me I need patience with this surgery. The typical recovery is 6 months its been 6 weeks. I guess I'm just anxious to get back into life. I still spot CT my shoulder all day long, no drug has helped with the pain like CT.

I had a great workout today legs and Ab's of course. I "tried" the use the left side upper body and the right will neurologically keep up, but It throws off my back and neck way to much so I will stick with legs. I will try to get on the bike this week the problem of course is the shoulder I will use my full suspension on the smooth bike path and ride with one hand if need be.

The CT has been awesome! I enjoy the ocean good thing the weather will be better going forward. I don't care if its raining its the nasty surf and undertow i worry about not having use of both arms. I am heading to Cape Cod for a few days the ocean will be nice and cold. I will also eat only fish while I'm away.

Stay Frosty Friends

SW ~ 312 ~ 3/2/12

CW ~ 277 ~ 6/1/12

GW ~ 201 ~ ?

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Great update Mike.....

6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Might be a good idea to take some sort of flotation device with you...

7. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Hey All, It has been a very rough few weeks for me. I lost one of the greatest people I knew. My auntie Honey was like a second mother to me when I was young and she will be missed very much.

The Clavicle is acting up along with the shoulder. The Clavicle needs to be addressed by the Surgeon we shall see where that leads.

The Nutrition has been great, I did have black berries and cherries Tuesday but wow did it mess up my stomach. Ease back into fruit if you are going to, I think I will leave them out. I have lost a pound a week the past two weeks not much but heading in the right direction. I have been doing leg workouts for a few weeks and have gained muscle so we will go with that as the reason....

The CT.....Well, simply amazing. Nothing beats the ocean for it! I was in Connecticut (rocky point beach) earlier this week and the people thought I was insane. I stayed in for over an hour at 61*. The pool is open and I have spent a few days in there at 67* but today it was up to 70 so down the street I went. The ocean water was 60* I was in for 50 minutes and yes the only one in the water. The insane looks continue. I stayed clear of the seaweed (allergic) as much as I could but the sea was angry my friends we shall see tonight.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the Summer. I hope I can run into some folks out in Southern Cal I will be there for 3 weeks on Vacation.

Stay Frosty Friends

SW ~ 312 ~ 3/2/12

CW ~ 275 ~ 6/15/12

GW ~ 201 ~ ?

8. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Glad to see you checking in. I'm very sorry to hear about losing your aunt. Please accept my sympathies. That makes everything so hard.

Cool that you are getting into the ocean for your CT. Keep up all the good work.

9. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Thank you Lydra for the kind words.

I'm doing great the shoulder is finally making progress again. The clavicle has good days and bad we shall see. The CT has been great. I hit the ocean as much as possible which has been everyday unless we have thunder and lightning. The water runs around 60 give or take a few degree's I stay in for an hour if possible never less than a half hour. I also have the pool sometimes I journal the pool but often I'm in it for a few hours a day. The water temp is all over the place but right around 70.

I did see someone mention somewhere on here they are no longer sensitive to the sun with CT. I also am not burning and have nice even tan no peeling.

Paleo has been going as planned. I did try (last Saturday night) the cheat meal route. I had Chinese food and oh my god never again. I think it was the MSG and Carb combo but I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest I was up all night. I cant believe I used to eat that a few times a month. I did drink at my nieces wedding but just vodka on the rocks no mixers and didnt take much two drinks and I was done.

The workouts are going great still just legs and abs with easy cardio but I have to ramp that up soon. The triathlon is still questionable although even if my shoulder is not 100% I'm a strong swimmer and have no fear I will just train my lungs in the water until then.

I lost two more pounds since last logging on. I seem to be down to losing a pound a week consistently and I'm fine with that. I am sure when I can start swinging the Kettlebell and get back to heavy lifting it will step up.

I finally found my journal I was 320 on Feb. 15th two weeks before starting this pathway. I was following Paleo but not the leptin RX.

I hope you are all enjoying your summer.

Stay Frosty Friends

SW ~ 312 ~ 3/2/12

CW ~ 273 ~ 6/29/12

GW ~ 201 ~ ?

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Mike I referenced you in a consult today.......somebody had an ortho issue and I told them to come to this thread for your experience.

11. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Jack, I hope my experience can help. The results are amazing. I had my visit with the surgeon Friday, ten weeks out from surgery and my results are ahead of schedule. I have learned so much just having this Injury and following all the protocols. I actually think t5he recovery would have been even faster (in my layman's opinion) had the Sternoclavicular Joint been addressed earlier in my recovery which has been an excruciatingly long 10 months. I am sure it is messing with the mechanics of the shoulder and its stability. I will finally be getting an Ultrasound guided injection.

The eating has been great I finally tried IFing it went well. I had imagined I would pass out without food for 24 hours but with not eating carbs and still 0 cravings it was easy.

I am down 40 pounds since starting the Leptin reset 48 total.

CT has been great as always, the Ocean is amazing and will be integral part of the rest of my life. The side benefit is the golden tan I have and how my skin adapted to the sun on its own, without the chemically laden sunscreens.

I will be heading out to California for my yearly 3 week summer vacation. You better believe most of it will be in the Pacific Ocean from Malibu all the way down to the border at Imperial beach.

I hope you are all having an Excellent summer I know I am (minus the shoulder Injury). Off to the beach

Stay Frosty Friends

SW ~ 312 ~ 3/2/12

CW ~ 272 ~ 7/6/12

GW ~ 201 ~ ?

12. johnnyb

johnnyb Gold

13. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Sounds great johnnyb I hope it can be worked out.

I will be heading to Cali Tuesday, but Unlike the vacations of old, when a 12-18 pound weight gain was the norm. I don't have to worry about going off any program,diet or bull**** like that. I consider this the way I eat and live now, no struggle or guilt just living Primal.

I slacked a little on the CT this week, I finally got my first tattoo. It is to honor my Mom. I cant go into Salt or Chlorinated water until next week.

My weight is the same as last week, so I am going to do a little tweaking again with foods and moving more. I will keep my eye on the SO-CAL CTer's and hopefully meet up with them at some point.

Stay Frosty Friends

SW ~ 312 ~ 3/2/12

CW ~ 272 ~ 7/13/12

GW ~ 201 ~ ?

14. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

I went to Vegas for a few days.....yeah sub-optimal doesn't even begin to describe it.

Stay Frosty Friends

15. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

As they say, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Time to get back on track and into the cold. Hope you enjoyed yourself a bit!

16. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

What happened stayed, with my money. I'm so happy to be back in the Ocean today good times at Carlsbad Beach. I'll be back for the next few days and hopefully Meeting some SO-Cal Peeps.

Stay Frosty Friends

17. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Hello all, well it's been a hell of a month literally. I have discovered through N=1 that CT for a fact in my experience curbs carb cravings. I made the mistake of stopping CT and caffeine at the same time to see where it would lead. The good news is I only gained 3 pounds which is monumental considering what I ate.

The caffeine addiction I had (sugar free Rockstar I don't like coffee) was brutal. The withdrawal was unbearable at times as I was up to 4 16oz cans a day. The headaches were extreme and took 3 weeks to improve, the fatigue is still an issue. I'm just hoping I didn't permenantly damage my adrenals.

That's it for now as you can sure see my sleep cycles are haywire also. On the upside My shoulder is almost fully healed 2months ahead of schedule thanks to CT.

Stay frosty friends

Riversedge

Ps: I'm off to California for another two weeks vacation on September 11th to watch the tri (shoulder could do it) but my body is not trained for it so I will be cheering them on from the sidelines.

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Awesome Mike.....I was wondering how you were doing!

19. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Well, it's back to the primal ways. I went way off track had a nasty run in with the seaweed again and followed a devastating sad diet for three weeks. The damage 12 pounds and bloating, gas returned and I now know I can't drink alcohol any more.

The good news I have been cleared to work and I'm very excited. I need to do four weeks of work hardening. I am way ahead of them I started lifting weights again and boy does it feel good to be sore again, it's a great sore. The shoulder feels great some minor pain in certain positions but nothing I even notice. The shoulder held up well with military presses, lat pull downs side laterals but bench press still a little rough. I did some Kettlebell swings and they are awesome. I've never done them before but it will be a staple in my workouts.

I will be making great progress with this lifestyle now that I can put it all together. CT will be a daily ritual I cannot wait to see the results of ct and working out. I will stay 100% as I have in the past today is day two with the return of the pathway in my life.

Stay Frosty Friends

SW ~ 312 ~ 3/2/12

CW ~ 282 ~ 9/30/12

GW ~ 201 ~ ?

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

awesome Mike!