1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Mike Matarazzo

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Riversedge, Mar 16, 2012.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Awesome!! Congrats!

2. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Awesome!!! I'd buy one.....!

3. Rosekelly

Rosekelly New Member

I really want a Jackruzzi!

4. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Love it!

Congrats on the 30# weight loss! That's great, especially in light of the surgery and the tough recovery you've been through.

5. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Hey All, Thanks for the great encouragement and thoughts.

Everything is going well in every aspect of my recovery. I have had a great week with Leptin reset and CT. I even have my son doing CT now which is great. I am also trying to get him into the Paleo lifestyle, he is 19 and said he will try his best. I bought him a TRX last year and he is in great shape but wants to see his abs pop. I am just interested in him being healthy, but he is 19 and as you know we were all invincible then or so we thought.

I will be hitting the ocean on Friday (the water is at 52) after all its at the end of the street and the shower water is starting to warm (bummer) it was 56 today. I still spot CT all day with the ice on my shoulder it helps with the pain.

I received my Blue blocker glasses and started wearing them at night. Also I have the F.lux app on my laptop now, Thanks to Kevin Cottrells guest blog on CT11. What an amazing story and results, he is truly inspiring.

I hope this note finds everyone well and Optimal.

I very much appreciate all of you and the support here.

Stay Frosty Friends

SW-312 ~3/2/12

CW-282 ~4/27/12

GW-201

6. Rosekelly

Rosekelly New Member

We appreciate you too, Mike. Thanks for the update. You're doing so well. My surgery is scheduled for the 29th, or earlier if a spot opens up.

I've ordered blue blocker glasses too. I have the F.lux. It's so fun to see my screen switch to pink.

Onward to optimal health!

7. Well done, keep up the good work!

8. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Thank you.

It's been a good week some ups and downs with the shoulder. The cold seems to be the only thing that really helps the pain. The Vicodin does not seem to do as well. I did take a few more but have noticed the difference when I do the CT. Yesterday and today were terrible, because I had my first PT session yesterday and she killed me. She did get my arm all the way straight over my head which is good in a recovery way but painful.

CT was awesome today. I was in the shower today it was 55 and I had three ice blocks (frozen water jugs) in the tub as it filled. After a 15 minute shower I slipped into the bath for 45 minutes. I had 2 of the blocks on my chest and stomach (w/compression shirt) that's the first time I've done that and now I'm hooked. I was going in the ocean today but the weather was terrible. I will be out of town this weekend so I will try for the ocean monday.

The Leptin reset is going very well. More fish needs to come into my diet. I'll have to start hitting the fish restaurants here they are very good and god knows I still cant make it taste good. I did get more greens in this week. I'm down another 3lbs this week and noticing more changes in my body. I am getting more muscular which still is a trip for me because I haven't done any moving at all just in the CT and out. I don't fully understand it but I love it. I think my hormones (for once in my life) are starting to align.

UPDATE: Wooo Hoo I will be out of town but i was just informed I will have a huge JACKRUZZI in the room with ice down the hall. That = as many great CT sessions as i can get in. I (while she is at the Rick Springfield concert) will be totally chilling out...Literally!

Stay Frosty Friends

SW-312 ~3/2/12

CW-279 ~5/4/12

GW-201

9. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

I hope everyone had a great weekend I know I did. The CT sessions in the jacuzzi tub were great. The water was at an even 50 and I was in for two 30 minute sessions on Saturday. Sunday we slept in so I was not able to do another. I did a shower CT at home on Sunday the water was 55 and 40 minutes. Today was 35 min at 55 degrees.

The Leptin reset was good but again full disclosure I cheated Saturday night.Johhny Rockets Double Cheddar Cheeseburger and a chocolate shake. I know I waont do this again the bun and choc shake killed my stomach all night. Scary how my body has changed those used to be a staple binge food for me. I was back to it Sunday and today.

Rain for the next three days so I will shoot for the ocean Thursday its 51.2 today.

I will be rejoining the gym tomorrow legs legs legs, until my shoulder is ready and the Dr. gives me the OK.

Stay Frosty Friends

SW-312 ~3/2/12

CW-279 ~5/4/12

GW-201

10. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I just experienced a similar lesson myself after ingesting some wheat. Won't do it again. That's what life's lessons teach us. It is remarkable how what used to be tolerated seemingly without problem now appears to be quite toxic. Keep at it with the CT.

11. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Lyndra, That was a tough lesson for me also.

I am happy not to be one of the folks here with the leaky gut, Diabetes or any other chronic problems. I have looked at my past BG levels and I am shocked at some of the numbers I see. I didnt realize or simple didnt know the implications of such high numbers. I did like the decline in BG numbers to the 80's, 90's and once 75. So not only has Jacks RX bringing me closer to an LS life. Obviously I was pre Diabetic from the numbers I see in front of me (thats scares the **** out of me). I witnessed one of my favorite people when i was young (my great uncle Mike) lose toes then feet then legs and finally pass away from this destructive disease. Looks like I found Jack just in time. I think what saved me over the years was a job that had extreme physical demands.

To anyone who is Interested, I have done Paleo before (last spring and summer) and it worked well. The major observation and difference between Paleo and the Leptin RX With CT (and that is crucial) are the cravings. On the Paleo alone I did lose weight but I always had a plateau I could not break, the 255 mark. The cravings were extreme and I think the CT has crushed them.

People can attack Dr. Kruse all they want. I know what my results are. Will they work for them? I don't know. You will never know if you just attack him without actual data of your own. I have told Jack many times that I was drawn here by the summit and I just related to his story. I think his paragraph about people who have never been Obese, thinking they know the journey or the psychological stressors we have to navigate are simply delusional.

I'm done ranting sorry. I re-joined the gym today and as you may or may not know I can only do legs. I can say I was not ready for the 8 month lay off weakness.

I do have to tell you I have never blogged before (and it probably shows). I only started blogging because I felt it would help me with this journey, and it truly. One byproduct i hope for is it helps just one person here. Whether it be to simple start the pathway or some sort of Inspiration to keep plugging away. I am thankful for the people here that have inspired me many times.

So I have a favor to ask. I have always loved the notion of "Pay it forward" and do so in anyway I can. I remember reading here in the trenches of this web site. Someones story of how they are following the pathway but eating cans of tuna everyday and struggling to make ends meet. I would like to offer a delivery of Us Wellness meats to be delivered to them. I am not sure how to go about it or even if they would except it. It would be my small way of paying forward and I owe that not only to them but to myself.

Stay Frosty Friends

SW ~ 312 ~ 3/2/12

CW ~ 279 ~ 5/4/12

GW ~ 201 ~ ?

12. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Cold Thermogenesis Activity Log Malibu Triathlon 9/16/2012

Target Heart Rate Range

M Matarazzo Ocean-O / Shower-S / Bath-B

48 Water Temp 50-55 SpotCT-SP / Combination- C Ice-I

3/14/2012 Ct must be done everyday Shower/Bath/Ocean /Spot Missed-M

CT dates 3/14 3/15 3/16 3/17 3/18 3/19 3/20 3/21 3/22 3/23 3/24 3/25 3/26 3/27 3/28

Method S S S M S S S S S/B S S S S S S

Time 4 5 5 6 8 10 10 15 15 16 15 18 20 20

Temp 40 42 43 45 45 48 47 50 48 48 48 50 51 50

CT dates 3/29 3/30 3/31 4/1 4/2 4/3 4/4 4/5 4/6 4/7 4/8 4/9 4/10 4/11 4/12

Method S S S S S S M M S S S 4/S 3/S 3/S 3/S

Time 20 22 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 25x4 25x3 25x3 25x3

Temp 48 47 47 48 47 49 48 49 49 48 47 48 48

CT dates 4/13 4/14 4/15 4/16 4/17 4/18 4/19 4/20 4/21 4/22 4/23 4/24 4/25 4/26 4/27

Method S S S S S S M S S S S S S S S

Time 25x2 25x2 25 25x2 25x4 25x2 Surgery 25 30 30x2 30x2 30 30x2 30 30

Temp 49 48 49 48 48 48 48 48 48 49 48 49 51 51

CT dates 4/28 4/29 4/30 5/1 5/2 5/3 5/4 5/5 5/6 5/7 5/8 5/9 5/10 5/11 5/12

Method S S S S S S S/B B S S S S M S S/B

Time 30 30 30 30 30x2 35 45 25x2 40 35 27 35 30 35/20

Temp 52 52 54 56 56 56 56/Ice 50ri 55 55 56 56 56 56/ice

My full CT schedule since starting time for a new one :)

13. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

The format didn't post correctly but you get the Idea. Maybe I'll take a picture of the hard copy and post.

14. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

So many good points in this - good insight & observation. I haven't battled obesity so all I can do is read from the sidelines and try to empathize and understand. My bro-in-law struggles and so everything I learn here I can try to apply to my relationship with him. You definitely are inspiring people - me at least. The strength will come back as your body is ready. Keep at it! You are doing great. That's such a generous offer about the US Wellness meats. You have a big heart.

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

CT 12 talks about my own journey as an obese surgeon.......those who were never obese just dont get it......but they'll sure try to convince you they do.

16. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Thanks Lyndra. Jack I keep an open mind with everyone but quickly become a skeptic when I hear the same old things ive heard for years.

I didnt lose any weight this week not sure why but thats ok its been falling every week for two months.

CT is going fantastically ice bath with blocks of ice today .

It has been a tough weekend Boston University lost three incredible kids yesterday. My daughter is very upset and I told her we are fragile and to live everyday like its your last. I think I'll take my own advice. As you can see I'm still up at 3am I just hate my mind racing I know she is in her dorm finishing her paper but I wish she was here in her room.

Stay Frosty Friends

17. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Mike, I know exactly how you feel. My son is in Afghanistan. You have to let them live their lives.

18. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Hey Nonchalant, I do let them live their own lives even though I tweak there thinking now and again. Your son is in our thoughts we thank him for his service to our Nation.

I had a little set back with the shoulder at PT. We are not sure what happened but I think she just bent it to far back to early and pop. I don't know what it was hoping just inflammation the next few visit will tell the story. I came homein serious pain and went to my trusted friend CT. I also followed that with the Vicodin I haven't taken for a while. Seems better today.

Last week I did not lose any weight I didn't gain any either. I will be going to the gym every other day now but still only legs and Ab's. I could do the other bicep, tricep and shoulder but I'm not sure about throwing off my symmetry and balance.

Any Thoughts on this anyone?

My eating remains the same Leptin reset I did have berries W/whey smoothie one morning but that was it for carb's besides Veggies. My FBG still remains optimal. I still never get a Ketone reading any higher than trace or Negative. I will be making a yearly physical appointment for the beginning of June with a request of all the pertinent test's. I know she will be happy with the weight loss but she doesn't know about the shoulder yet. I will let her in on the Protocol I have been following :)

Well, here's to another great week. I WILL make it in the ocean by the end of the week. I can still smell low tide I will wait for high tide for sure. I am allergic to seaweed and the last time it hit me in the face I looked like Rocky Balboa after the first fight.

Stay Frosty Friends

SW ~ 312 ~ 3/2/12

CW ~ 279 ~ 5/11/12

GW ~ 201 ~ ?

19. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

So sorry to hear about the setback. CT will be your ally with that.

I think you'll be fine just doing lower-body workouts for a while. I broke my wrist last December and did mostly lower body but also did what I could with upper body. I found a study that said that your injured arm will gain in strength even when it idly watches while your other does a workout. So much strength gain is neurological so that makes sense to me. Plus it's good mental stimulation trying to figure out how to adapt your routine.

I hope you get better soon. Keep hanging in there.

20. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Hey all, I took some time off from posting but I'm back. My shoulder is slightly improved except for the muscle that runs to my mid-back from my rear delt. I will know more monday at my follow up with the surgeon.

I have been eating well trying to tweak a few things. I am still (3 weeks in a row) at 279lbs. The only thing I changed is doing heavy leg workouts twice a week so maybe inflammation, muscle gain or just a systemic adjustment.

CT is going very well I have been in the ocean almost everyday this past week and weekend. The ocean temp runs between 52-56. I have an infrared temp gun of course with the sun the closer to shore the warmer, so I tread out at least 100 yards first. I have been staying in for an hour or so one day 90 minutes. I also have gone in for 45 and came out read for a bit then back in for another session.

I hope to connect with the groups going for Ocean swims in Rhode Island, NY and California It would be great to meet some fellow Cter's.

I hope you all had a great long weekend and are looking forward to a great summer.

Stay Frosty Friends

SW ~ 312 ~ 3/2/12

CW ~ 279 ~ 5/25/12

GW ~ 201 ~ ?