1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Mike Matarazzo

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Riversedge, Mar 16, 2012.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

How's it going, RiversEdge?

2. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Hey Sally, I'm hanging in just waiting for Thursday to get the surgery done. How are you today Nonchalant.

I got 3 CT sessions in today trying to freeze the nerves out. Just hoping this all helps with the recovery. I had two meals today both my paleo chili. I plan on doing one more CT session before bed and lots tomorrow. I think this will be my last post until probably well next week sometime.

Until then

Stay Frosty Friends....Peace

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Sounds like you are doing an awesome job! Jack will be proud.

Stay dark!

4. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Good on you doing several CT sessions per day. You are going to be as ready for surgery as you possibly can be. Best of luck to you!

5. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Can't wait to see how your surgery and recovery goes! Sounds like you're gonna rock it out, Boston-style! :)

6. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Have really enjoyed reading your journal...you are inspiring!

Good luck with the surgery tomorrow. Have you gotten one of those ice machines so you can constantly ice your clavicle and shoulder?

7. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Thank you all. Hitting the rack now. I have everything covered for the recovery. I will keep in touch here when I can. I do have high expectations for a quick and smooth recovery.

The other day I smacked my arm on the door knob when the door bounced back. I've done CT multiple times a day since getting the two huge bruises, one on the bicep and one on the forearm. It absolutely amazed me that after about two and a half days and about 7 CT sessions the bruising is completely gone! I cant even figure out where they were originally. CT is simply amazing me with every discovery.

Stay Frosty Friends

8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Best wishes, Mike.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Mike

I am not a seafood lover either, but I find cod, tilapia, trout, and shrimp, if fixed properly, okay and sometimes really good. I love blackened fish the best with loads of butter on it. Oh for got I actually love Walleye when I can get it fresh. The more you eat the more you will like it, IMO.

10. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Hey everyone, thanks for the nice thoughts very much appreciated.

Well just a quick note here. Surgery went well pain yesterday post was a little harsh. The Pain block that i didn't really want but after talking to many folks I had. The problem was They said I have strange anatomy? They could not pinpoint the nerves so they just injected where they thought it would be. Needless to say they found the wrong nerves even as of today part of my neck, trap and chest are still numb. So no block on the shoulder area, I now know = pain.

The surgery went as expected, except the damage was less then thought from my contrasted MRI three weeks ago. The fraying bicep was minor, the tear in the supraspinatus and labrum were aaaaahhhhh gone! So CTing for the past 6 weeks and i cranked up the CT for the weeks leading up to surgery. I will ask more info on the damage seen in the MRI and what was seen when he went in. I didnt have a chance to chat with him after I was real out of it.

I left with Oxycodone made me sick so I was giving Vicodin later at night. I had extreme pain after i got home and for about 10 hours on. I took the Vicodin at 10 pm and 2 am with motrin in the in between hours. Today I felt incredibly good upon waking. I got up at 5:30am had lots of chicken for breakfast and only have had Motrin today and my last one was 8 hours ago. I had a great CT session today. I had the shower water directly on the shoulder for at least 10 of the 25 min at 48*. I was actually colder than usually and light headed in this session not sure why maybe all the garbage pumped in me.

The list of meds yesterday was unreal General anesthesia, Fentnyl, versette and morphin yikes. One of the Incisions was left open I guess for drainage. The bone chips and spurs were taken care of and I think was the main reason for the pain. I will know more on April 30th. I cant help but think that the CT had an major part in the healing. I cant explain the tears not being there i hope my surgeon can. I will tell him about what I have been doing. I told the nurse all about it yesterday before surgery, but I think she was just listen and pacifying me. You can lead a horse.

Well, I'm off to sleep four recliners no waiting. I can't believe How much I miss my bed. :)

Stay Frosty Friends

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

CT heals muscle......and its reprodible in humans. I use it all the time in spine surgery

12. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Well, My shoulder feels pretty good. The rest of me is a mess. I'm pretty sure all the meds on the day of the surgery are messing with my system. I didnt sleep more than 2 hours last night. I'm agitated, back is sore, my neck is sore not sure what they did to me. My stomach is the worst, haven't had much to eat i'm getting some food in. The constipation has finally ended.

My CT session was great today 30 minutes and I was freezing. The ice has never left my shoulder since the surgery for more than a half hour. I did the Pendulum exercises today and that went well. I did a little stretching. Hoping for a better day on Sunday.

Stay Frosty Friends

13. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Thanks for checking in with us. I'm sorry to hear about the pain block not working and the side effects of the drugs. But, you sure did some good things for yourself with the pre-surgery CT! Hang in there buddy. You'll be over this part before you know it.

14. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hey everybody! Mike lives!

Glad to have you back with us, Riversedge. Sounds like you are progressing well.

15. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Thanks Lyndra, Its been a long weekend but productive.

Let me start by saying I'm CTing the rest of my life. I can not believe the healing process CT brings about. The movement I have in my Shoulder and arm is amazing. I haven't taken any narcotics since early yesterday morning. I took 1 Motrin 800 today. I have also been spot CTing all day, the shoulder wrap with straps is awesome. I'm thinking of starting a company with a hot tub that has a cooling system, I'll call it a Jackruzzi.

They told me at least 6 months of PT. I'm so much more optimistic about a fast recovery. Thanks to Jack Kruse, the Malibu Triathlon in September just may see me compete.

16. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Yay! Glad to hear how well you're progressing. Will be interesting to see how the Dr/PT handle your accelerated healing/abilities...

17. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Thanks Kathy, I've had some good and bad days. The past few have been tough. I have started doing a lot more movement which of course brings with it pain. I have taken some Vicodin the past few days. The CT today was good but didnt feel as great as it has maybe the healing process. I haven't been eating a lot a few days just one meal but paleo. I will be making my Paleo Chili tomorrow, I need some nutrients and I load the chili with kale and spinach.

I lost a 1Lb this week well last week I didnt expect to lose much but I'll take it. I have had problems sleeping also. I have always slept on the surgery side so it will a while I guess.

Stay Frosty Friends

SW-312 ~3/2/12

CW-284 ~4/20/12

GW-201

18. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Thanks Nonchalant I didn't see your comment before. Its good to be back and catching up.

19. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Well, its been a rough week but I'm making progress. I have had a great week of CT and LRX doing at least 2 sessions of CT a day the Shoulder getting the most attention. I have gone back and forth with the pain Meds, when I do have pain if possible I hit the cold water.

I went on my Surgeons website (which is very cool) and found out exactly what he did. Three Procedures, most being bone removal and burring down the AC and Clavicle removal of the (bursa sac?) and tendon removal and reattachment. I will ask more questions Monday as to why the Supraspanatis was not fixed, I'm thinking the tear was not more than 50% and if so what kind of improvement i had since the contrasted MRI. I do have some great range of motion already hand can already go above my shoulder and I can touch my lower back (sounds easy) with my hand. I do get waves of pain and I'm pretty sure its the bone healing I have broken over 20 bones in my life and the pain is similar. This surgery is harder than the knee in some aspects.

My LRX has been great but with full disclosure I did have a steak and cheese sub the night after the surgery. The only other problem this week is not eating after waking. Sometimes I would not eat until almost noon but that has changed back to BAB. I blame the drugs mostly, as it has messed up my stomach and elimination.

WHEW, that's all for now. My weigh in day is tomorrow, I'm hoping to break the 30lb's lost mark.

Stay Frosty Friends

SW-312 ~3/2/12

CW-284 ~4/20/12

GW-201

20. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Well, today was an ok day. I did not sleep more than 2 hours last night today was needless to say a lay around lazy day. The shoulder acted up a lot today.

The good news today is I'm officially down 30lbs in eight weeks with just a few cravings (and not acting on them) the whole time. I had an awesome CT session. Even though I had a bad day, CT made it better. I will go to sleep early tonight and rest up.

LRX went great later in the week. Earlier in the week was a nightmare late bab and didnt eat enough. I need to get out of this house!

Have a great weekend all.

Stay Frosty Friends

SW-312 ~3/2/12

CW-282 ~4/27/12

GW-201