1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Mike Matarazzo

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Riversedge, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Jim

Jim New Member

Mike,

You are doing great. I used to drink lots of Diet Coke for the caffeine too. I weaned my self down to two drinks per day over a few weeks. Then after a while on the diet I totally lost the craving for it. One day I just stopped. Stay on the diet and stay away from all artificial sweeteners. One day you'll no longer feel the need and just stop too.

Good luck.

2. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Thanks Jim I appreciate the support. I had a busy day yesterday stayed on the good path. Rotisserie chicken on salad with skin of course. Dinner I had a piece of sirloin and prime rib i made for the first time. I had an awesome CT session yesterday.

Today is a different story... I had a great breakfast 4 eggs and 5 slices of thick cut bacon. Lunch I had pineapple ugh. I wasn't going to eat but not sure what came over me the same old tired mind games with myself. I did squash that "well its over now" thinking and let it go.

I'm going to have seafood tonight just hope I can cook it better this time (I hate seafood). I will get a CT session in today at some point the tap water here is back under 50. I ordered all the supplements last night and I will start them when delivered. I have been taking lots of D, but seeing I don't like seafood I need to get the fish oils in.

Stay Frosty my friends

3. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

It's just pineapple. Not the best choice, but far better than, say, pizza. Just eat plenty of fat with your seafood tonight, and hit the BAB in the morning! (And don't make a habit of it - doesn't sound like you will!)

4. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Thanks Mamagrok, It will not happen again. I'm amazed at the amount of blogging you have done. Your Leptin journey is inspiring. Thanks for the support!

5. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Happy Friday all. Today was a good day lunch with my daughter. The University food is a disappointment I had to resort to pork loin and greens. I will write a letter telling them my concerns. I think the meal plan was $2700 this year and in no way was it worth it. Pizza, tacos, subs a great salad bar but NO bacon or eggs really. I hope dinner is set up better who knows. Anyway I had chicken wings for dinner I was going to have a Nice big Porter house but the gas on the grill ran out.

I had The best CT session yet this morning! Granted I'm still just doing the showers but our water is at 47 so it does the trick. I stayed in for at least 20 solid minutes no flinching or ill effects. It didn't end there I came up with an Idea to open up the window (second floor as not to scar the neighbors) and not dry off while shaving and brushing my teeth. It was as if I was still in the shower at 34 degree wind hitting me. That is the first time I actually shivered since starting CT.

Stay Frosty Friends

6. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

I hope you all had a great weekend....I know I did. I had great CT sessions this weekend for the first time I stayed cold for hours after. I dont know if that is a good thing but I was just billowing heat all weekend. The water dropped back to about 48 this weekend and one session it was 47 a few degrees makes a huge difference it seems. The eating was great. Saturday I had eggs and Bacon for breakfast, flank steak for lunch and steak tip on greens for dinner with some chicken. Today was similar breakfast Eggs and bacon, no lunch and Paleo Chili for dinner.

My one month Leptin RX weigh in is Tuesday! I know the number doesn't matter, as I am seeing progress in the mirror big time. I still '"Do Not have any Cravings" this is the FIRST time in my life I can say that, it just makes me smile. ~I'm Krusing~

Stay Frosty Friends

7. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

1 month Weigh in today.

SW-312 ~3/2/12

CW-290 ~4/2/12

GW-201

Great CT session Today.

Stay Frosty Friends

8. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Had a great CT session again today. I have been spot on w/leptin rx the past few days. Today I'm tired and seem to be getting cold or flu like symptoms. I haven't been sick in years. Is it toxin dump or is my immune system breaking down? Heading to bed

Stay Frosty Friends

9. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Wow, its been six days since my last forum post. The flu like symptoms vanished the next day, toxic dump? I had a great weekend as far as staying 100%. I had ham yesterday. I had a slight craving my Dad's apple pie but I didn't touch it. Never mind the manicotti and homemade sauce with his made from scratch meatball's. The Diet has been solid and 100% but I lost 2 pounds this week I am always hoping for more as do most of us but I was good with that.

The CT is going Great the water runs between 47 and 51 here out of the tap. I can stand there all day it seems. I am going to take it up a notch with the CT.

I finally have my surgery date April 19th. I will start today with a more intense CT and see if it makes the surgery go a little easier.

The next thing I need to attack is my sleep, its all over the place. I have the room pitch black and still lay there waiting to fall asleep. I started reading the Monk that sold his Ferrari last night and fell into a deep sleep after about 40 pages so I will do the same tonight only much earlier.

Stay Frosty friends

SW-312 ~3/2/12

CW-289 ~4/6/12

GW-201

10. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Great progress! I can relate to the problems of sleep. Are you avoid light and technology in the evening? Maybe try some blue blocker glasses?

11. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

You're doing great. Sounds like the progress is amazing (even in spite of small issues like detox headaches and pineapple!). Keep going... that All Blacks shirt awaits! :)

12. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Thanks Kiwi and Lyndra, I had another great week. I cant Believe I have not touched a Carb in almost 6 weeks! No cravings like I said thats a first for me. I wish I was working out but that will have to what for another 6 months or until I get the OK after rehab.

The sleep is all over the place but the past few nights I had to knock myself out with a few Benedryl's I'm hoping that will get me back on track. I think I'm a little anxious about the surgery also so that's not helping.

The CT is going great I now enjoy it and I'm not bothered by the freezing water. I actually look forward too it. I do think the shower is better I don't really feel the bath. I have heard people say if your still in the bath your body creates a barrier of the heated water who knows. All I know is the constant flow of 48 degree water is awesome and freezing. I do let the tub fill during so I'm up to half the calf my feet being cold seems to make the body colder.

My Diet has been spot on (except the diet rockstar) I still seem to need the caffeine. I had my weekly weigh in today and I'm down 4#'s this week I love it.

Stay Frosty my friends

SW-312 ~3/2/12

CW-285 ~4/13/12

GW-201

13. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Congrats on beating back the carb cravings! I bet your sleep will come around ("patience, grasshopper"). I can imagine the upcoming surgery is impacting sleep, so don't worry (ha! so easy to say and hard to do). One step at a time - you're doing great.

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Into your surgery make sure you pay deep attn to light levels.....it will level your cortisol to help you recover.

15. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Thanks again Lyndra, Hope you had a great weekend. I had another great weekend stayed strict and haven't had a carb (minus the pineapple a few weeks ago) since 3/2. I still need to get the seafood up. I had some Thursday in Maine broiled haddock much better when other people make It.

The CT is amazing 25 minutes in the water at 49 degree's. Spot CTing the shoulder to get it ready for surgery. It will be 88 here tomorrow I have my pre-Op and hoping to walk down to the beach and try the 46 degree water.

The Boston Marathon is tomorrow and the are asking people to sit it out. I thought they were the healthy ones? Maybe they should start a winter one. I'm sure when I get home, I'll here how many people dropped or Unfortunately died. They will need lots of ambulance's on heart break hill.

Well, have a great week everyone get your nutrition in as well as your CT session's.

Stay Frosty Friends

SW-312 ~3/2/12

CW-285 ~4/13/12

GW-201

16. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Thanks Jack, So lights out at sundown? and Ct should I do it the morning of the surgery if time permits? Thanks for stopping by Jack.

17. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hi Mike, yes lights out, especially with your surgery coming up.

Not sure how you will pass the time... maybe listen to music?

-Sally

18. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Hi Sally, I'm not sure how the next few days will go. I will try anything just to get to sleep and to Thursday.

Well, I had my Pre Op today. It went well, Ekg, blood work and met the Anesthesiologist. I only have one concern. He wants to do a Sub Clavicle or scapular block I'm a little weary. I was going to ask Jack but all the comments on the CT blog are gone. I had a great day as far as the leptin rx and CT session. I didnt eat lunch too many nerves going.

I will do another CT session tonight 25 minutes of freezing Bliss. I really do enjoy it now especially at 88* here. I was weighed at the Pre-Op not my weigh in day but I lost another 1.5#s over the weekend.

Stay Frosty Friends

SW-312 ~3/2/12

CW-284 ~4/16/12

GW-201

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

CT ten is live.

20. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Awesome Jack! the Video and Picture were amazing.