1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Mike Matarazzo

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Riversedge, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Ok, started this Leptin Rx on march 2nd. I was 312 lbs weighed in today march 16th at 296 lbs. This is going so great its a little scary. I'm not craving anything although until today I was making and eating everyday a paleo chili i made up, but did not know tomato's were a no no even though the list was in the matrix I have.

So today was a great day I did some CT for the last 3 days and its going well just showers but the water here is almost 40 degrees so it does the job I'm up to about 5 minutes taking a deep breathe works for the shock although the shock is fading.

I still have not started working out (which makes my weight loss even greater) because of a dislocated shoulder and clavicle which is the reason or excuse for the weight gain of 60 lbs in 4 months. Surgery in a month unreal how the ins. company delays.

I will stay on this path for the rest of my life.

Mike

2. Hotmail

Hotmail New Member

Well done Mike, great start and great results.

3. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Thanks Hotmail...

Another good day today. 3 eggs and chicken sausage patties for breakfast. Had a late lunch I wasnt hungry until 4 so my late lunch was also dinner. I had Sirloin steak about 14 oz and a bunch of asparagus W/coconut oil and garlic sauce.

My diet Rockstar addiction still lives on i will slowly wean myself off it (mostly for the caffeine) soon. I had my first craving and it was huge, for the grapes in the fridge so i had a few bites of chicken and 2 huges glasses of water. No CT today i will get back to it in the morning.

Well until next time folks i wish you all the best stay strong and chilled.

4. adam_

adam_ New Member

Mike,

Great to see that there are other guys making progress with these approaches - well done.

What's the issue with tomatoes, I've never heard of that. Where can I get hold of a copy of this "matrix"?

Thanks,

5. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Adam,

Thanks for the compliment. The Matrix is on Robbwolf.com unfortunately tomato's are a nightshade and Dr. Kruse does not use them and I want his results so I will follow it to a T. Adam also a great book to get is Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf i have read it cover to cover at least three times.

I did paleo for six months last year leading up to my Triathlon. Unfortunately I fell at work and dislocated my shoulder and Clavicle a month before. I was devastated and went into my six month funk. I think Dr Kruse has th perfect approach for me. I first heard him on the Paleo Summit and it seemed as if he was speaking right to me. Now here I am trying to get through all the blogs forums, studying and understanding the quilt.

I had another great day on the RX. Steak for breakfast, the last of my paleo chili (which is off the menu because of the tomato's) for lunch and leftover steak and sausage patties for dinner. I did pick up 3 pounds of haddock with every intention of having it for dinner but time was not on my side. CT was 6 minutes in 45 deg shower hoping to get in the ocean soon its a half mile down the street but I just don't think I'm ready for that yet.

until next time Stay frosty friends.

6. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Well, I took my before Pictures I forgot to take at the start. I have already lost 17 lbs and good thing I did'nt take them 3 weeks ago because I am totally disgusted with myself. I cant believe how bad I look. Not another piece of bread, pizza, grain or carb of any kind until I look like I used too. CT for sure tonight

Stay Frosty friends

7. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Today was a great day for my reset. I don't weigh myself everyday, just every Friday. today's menu was 5 egg breakfast, 1lb of steak tips for lunch and the lb of haddock is cooking on the grill. I did CT this morning and I will do it before bed, I'm still on the showers the water out of the tap was 48 so my skin is numb coming out.

The other adventure I had today was my MRI on the Shoulder with dye shot into the joint. very painful but hopefully will give the Surgeons a better look at the damage so I can move on with surgery or get back into working out.

I hope everyone had a great day today.

Stay frosty friends

8. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

How about shifting some of that steak or haddock over to breakfast? Right now you're at about 35g protein. 50g could rock your world!

9. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Hey MamaGrok,

I have had steak every morning so far and it does much better than eggs but I didnt have any defrosted and I had to get to my MRI. I have a big steak waiting in the fridge for the morning. The eggs were ok but your right about it not being nearly enough Thanks for stopping by MamaGrok.

10. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

I didn't go in the Ocean today. I had a great day otherwise. I had a late start didn't eat until 11. So I had a 2 meal day, steak for lets say brunch and sausage and eggs for dinner. Not Optimal but no cravings still makes it a good day. I did some CT this morning and was planning on an ocean dip but i think i will keep the CT in the closet (aka) bath for now.

Stay frosty people

11. Birdy

Birdy New Member

You are making great progress

12. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Thanks Birdy, I feel great already and its just the leptin rx I cant wait to start working out again. My confidence has been shattered since my injury. The people on here are helping me combat that and it is much appreciated.

13. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

I had a great day today! BAB was 12oz of chicken on a bed of greens and only a two meal day again. Dinner was a new Paleo Chili creation I did use 14 oz of diced tomato's (for Liquid) but I mostly used blended Kale 3 LBS of Grass fed beef from Us wellness. I thought I would have a ton of chili being that I skipped lunch but i had a bowl and had to dump the second back in the crock. I have NEVER put food back and dont worry I'm the only one eating so its ok.

I will attempt a CT bath tonight instead of a shower. I will fill the tub with the shower while I stand in it I hope I can take the bath our water is still in the 40's.

UPDATE: First bath was awesome water was 50°

Tomorrow is weigh in day I'm hoping for another great number.

SW-312lbs 3/2/12

CW-296lbs 3/16/12

GW-201lbs

14. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

I had a good day today. Some bad news from the Surgeon. I need surgery for sure not what I wanted to hear but it will be arthroscopic. I had my Paleo chili for breakfast, 1 sausage for lunch and also my chili for dinner. the weigh in was good today down 3lbs not what it has been but a great number. I did CT last night and also this morning. I'm a little down but looking forward to a good weekend.

Have a great weekend all Stay Frosty

SW-312lbs 3/2/12

CW-293lbs 3/23/12

GW-201lbs

15. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Another great day on the LRx. Ct not so much. I woke up got in the shower and ten minutes into CT I had a horrible spasm in my mid back between my shoulder blades. It took someone a long time to massage out the spasm. I'm not sure if I was just stiff or maybe some type of detox. I had a great BAB marinated flank steak and dinner was the best porter house I ever grilled w/asparagus.

Stay Frosty

SW-312lbs 3/2/12

CW-293lbs 3/23/12

GW-201lbs

16. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Another great day on this Pathway. The CT is getting easier. My muscles are getting bigger, even though I'm losing weight and can't workout because of an injury. This is all strange to me I am only eating twice a day already, not forced just not hungry in the afternoon. I did have a craving Saturday night when I got my son a pizza but it passed. I have been 100% since 3/2 and I'm feeling It is every aspect. Had some London Broil for Breakfast (I still need some work on cooking it). I made my Paleo Chili with Kale and GF beef it gets better everytime I make it. I had the Chili for dinner. Hoping to sleep better tonight.

Stay Frosty my Friends

SW-312lbs 3/2/12

CW-292lbs 3/25/12

GW-201lbs

17. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

“The way you think, the way you behave, the way you eat, can influence your life by 30 to 50 years.”

~ Deepak Chopra

18. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Well, today went ok i stayed strict even tried to kick my diet energy drink habit I did cut it out for most of the day but what a caffeine headache could not pick my head off the pillow in the late afternoon so I broke down and had a Rockstar damn it. I will wean off instead of cold turkey. I dont like coffee so this is what I have used for my little boost over so many years. The headache prevented me from going to the butcher today for some fresh meat. So I had leftover london broil and sausages for breakfast, My Chili for lunch and also my chili and 2 sausages for dinner. I will get a better variety tomorrow some fish for sure and free range chicken. I had an awesome CT session this morning over 20 minutes for the first time. WOW Epiphany, maybe thats where the headache came from also?

Stay Frosty my Friends

SW-312lbs 3/2/12

CW-292lbs 3/25/12

GW-201lbs

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

awesome Mike!!!!

20. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Thanks Jack, You have pulled me out of the abyss of this Injury. I cant thank you enough for all your wisdom. Hearing you on the Paleo summit has changed my life!

Kristi Lambert likes this.