1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Mike H. Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Mike H., Jul 9, 2012.

1. Mike H.

Mike H. New Member

Hello all,

My name is Mike Hoban, I am a S&C coach who likes to learn and try new things. I recently came across cold fusion thermogenesis CT, and am very interested in how it will work to increase athletic capability. So I will begin by testing on myself.

I started tonight, by performing 10-12 30 second face dunks in chilled water with some added ice. Unfortunately my thermometer didnt work tonight so I couldn't get any solid numbers. My face is stilll slightly chilly feeling and I am feeling very calm and relaxed as of right now. Looking forward to seeing how this goes. I am open to any and all criticisms and or advice.

thanks

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Cool and welcome.......I think you will be shocked at what happens in S&C.

3. Mike H.

Mike H. New Member

Ok, day 2 is done. I face dunked tonight for a total of 4 minutes of immersion, with chilled tap water and added ice. Worked out this evening just some low volume leg work. Workout went very well, felt very strong and lifts where quick. Some things I noticed today, it seemed as though I had an increased frequency of urination as well as increased amount of hunger. (in a good way.) So far so good,

4. Mike H.

Mike H. New Member

Another easy workout today. 100 kettlebell swings with a 40 lb bell. Dunked for a total 5:30. So far noticing faster recovery, quicker relief from soreness. Right now enjoying the feeling of circulation returning to my face lol.

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Welcome Mike H! Faster recovery after just a couple days of face dunks? Cool. I didn't exercise when I started CT, so I didn't notice anything for a while. The muscle gains with no exercise came as a complete surprise to me. Probably all the shivering after getting out of the tub?

6. Mike H.

Mike H. New Member

Yes, I am not going to lie, I have used ice baths before to hasten recovery, but this seems different. I am noticing I look and feel leaner, and actually slightly bigger. Hunger is increasing, especially at night, so i am loading up on a lot of protein and essential fatty acids. Still noticing an increase in urination, again in a good way. I feel as though I am carrying less bloat.

As far as today goes, I did a fast shoulder and arm workout. i wont bore you all with the detalis, but I hit a 285 overhead press. My warm-ups felt really light and fast, and I actually got loose quicker. Got to 630 on the face dunks tonight. Jack if you are around please enlighten me on whats going on!?!? Thank you all for reading

7. Mike H.

Mike H. New Member

Took last night off. Got home late from a baseball game and just fell a sleep. Will resume tonight.

8. Mike H.

Mike H. New Member

Reached 7 minutes on the face dunks tonight. Had a good energy systems/strongman workout today. Feeling recovered and good.

9. Mike H.

Mike H. New Member

Hello again. Hit 8 minutes on the face dunks this evening. Had a good workout this evening, 6 sets of incline press supersetted with 6 sets of rows. Felt strong, work had to be cut short due to some conference calls.

10. Mike H.

Mike H. New Member

Ok, I missed a few days of face dunks due to schedule and exhaustion. Today I started my day with a five minute face dunk, and finished my evening with a 10minute dunk session. Tomorrow is leg day, so we shall see how it goes.

11. Melinda

Melinda New Member

I just listened to the first webinar about deep CT and I am so motivated again to find ways to get icy even in summer. My face will be chilled tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder Mike.

12. Mike H.

Mike H. New Member

Thanks for the reply Melinda. Workout went real well today. Felt strong and fast after a 12 hour day. So far real good. Tried the compression shirt technique tonight. I didnt really feel to much when the ice was on top of the garment. So after 10 mins I placed the ice under the shirt, on top of my tank top t-shirt. Left it there for about another 25 mins. Skin was red, but wasnt overly frozen. Felt good. I'll give this ago for a week or se, then progress to cold water immersion.

13. Mike H.

Mike H. New Member

Did a quick 20 minute energy systems/recovery workout. No real soreness today, and I am noticing some detox effects. Will try Ice on chest again this evening.

14. Mike H.

Mike H. New Member

Had ice on the chest for about 40 mins tonight. Workouts have been going well. I am still experiencing some weird detox symptoms. Feel like I am sweating after removing the ice. Also still experiencing a gastric response after icing. Pretty interesting stuff.