1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Methylene Blue Dosing

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by omegajosh, Mar 2, 2017.

1. omegajosh

omegajosh www.mitolab.com

I am wondering about the dose range that other people are using. The effective dose for rodents is about 0.5 - 4mg per kg but this has to be converted to a human dose to account for surface area/metabolic rate. Usually, this is done by dividing the rat dose by 6, so a solid daily dose for MB would be calculated by: bodyweight x (0.5 - 4mg) / 6

Any opinions? What's your favourite dose?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    shiran likes this.
  2. brent-next

brent-next Gold

So what dose have you been taking and what benefits have you noticed?

3. omegajosh

I have been using between 10 and 15mg per day and have experienced better mental function, sleep and a feeling of increased relaxation.

4. brent-next

brent-next Gold

Thanks. Has it turned your urine blue or given you a blue tongue?

There probably isn't anything wrong with those things, but it would be good to know what to expect.

5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

People should not forget that dosing is meant for on label use ,ie dealing with an accute situation like intoxication,vasoplegia etc. Usage in chronic conditions has no dosing precedent yet. In other words re dosing : "On your head be it"
    It is the reason why I do not share my dosis. What is good for me may not be for others,their eval of themselves may be wrong etc...

Alex97232 and caroline like this.
  6. omegajosh

Yeah. But if someone asks my dose and how i have responded I shall tell them. We are all adults - I feel no need to moderate the truth. Making recommendations on the other hand is a different matter.

Alex97232 and Brent Patrick like this.
  7. omegajosh

Slight blue tinge to urine, no blue tongue.

8. Doyourcycle

Doyourcycle New Member

What does mb help?

9. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

Alex97232 and caroline like this.
  10. omegajosh

11. TANN

TANN New Member

I'm interested to know what benefits you have seen?

12. Penny

Penny New Member

The first time I drank water with MB, I went into my workshop and cleaned out 16 boxes of stuff... the stuff is amazing -

ScottishEmma and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  13. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

I'll tell you what, I swear by MB and I think it's one of the hacks, along with the red 660nm read light to hubbies bits and brain, that helped him to get a nice strong erection back within two weeks after his stroke. Once he was able to pass his swallow test, I was dosing him with MB and using the UFO on him, in the hospital for two weeks. His stroke was severe too and once the staff saw the progress he was making there , both in ICU and then in rehab, that's when they began to come to me and ask questions about the biohacks!

14. omegajosh

Yep, as with Mystic Rose and Penny, I get a massive cognitive boost from MB. I also notice improved workouts - this could be a placebo though. skin creams with mb look promising for anti-aging - see recent Nature study.

You can get a 10% discount if you use the code KRUSE on www.mitoblue.com

15. Penny

Penny New Member

I just take the stuff from the fish store, put one drop in a 2 oz bottle, add water and use a dropper in my half gallon water bottle or 6 drops or so to my water - I have absolutely no idea how I arrived at this procedure - but I did take 4 straight drops one day and it didn't kill me:) Someone on Amazon took 4 drops and it stopped her yeast infection - it is probably cleared by glucoronidation by the liver - just a guess - so if you're worried, eat some red cabbage or take some calcium d-glucarate -

Alex97232 likes this.
  16. omegajosh

Aquarium methylene blue is no good at all.

Industrial-grade and chemical-grade MB sold as a dye or stain can consist of more than 8% or 11% of various contaminants (NTP, 2008, Sigma Chemical Co, St. Louis, MO). It should not be administered to humans or animals (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265679/).

Alex97232 and TANN like this.
  17. Penny

Penny New Member

Great article:) Really involved... I read this: https://selfhacked.com/blog/methylene-blue-the-cheapest-cognitive-enhancer/ and I guess it's 1 drop in a 1 oz bottle... didn't see anywhere that Kordon was mentioned - there might be arsenic - but there might not be - maybe I'll get some here: bluebrainboost.com

Alex97232 likes this.
  18. TANN

TANN New Member

Careful on the fish store stuff. It can contain high levels of poisonous metals? I forget which now

19. omegajosh

I'm glad you enjoyed the article, Penny. You will notice that I write for selfhacked :) https://selfhacked.com/about/

Buy from where you like, Penny - we are interested in helping people

Tann is right.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Alex97232 likes this.
  20. Penny

Penny New Member

Oh yes, I recognize you now:) Maybe I am ingesting too much arsenic from my Kordon MB... :)

Thanks guys for the tips:) MB is also used in cyanide poisoning BTW... and ok for very tiny fish...

Was curious what minerals you put in the enhanced version of your MB? This is because JK chats about how the outermost electron will "excite" and thus break covalent bonds leaving the transition metals floating around the body - not good - if you are exposed to wifi...

If it's proprietary, that's fine - I'll probably just get the normal one...

Thanks again for your help:)

Alex97232 likes this.