1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Methylation issues and the Leaky Gut?

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

people who have gotten 23andme.com testing will like those links.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

4. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Really putting some puzzle pieces together for me....thank you so much for these references! Can't wait to get my 23 and me results back.

5. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I just got my test kit in the mail :) Thanks for the links!

6. Glamazon

Glamazon Gold

Thanks. I think I need a little primer on how to exactly read my 23andme test. I am AA for MTHFR on chromosone 1. Time for me to start doing the research. Reading your DNA test for Dummies. Is there such a thing?:eek:

7. This table is pretty comprehensive. Remember that things like this are labors of love put together by people who are trying to make sense of all of this. There could be errors.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar76dNWyEQLIdExKZUhfXzFUWHpkWnZObk1TM1dxX0E&hl=en#gid=0

which correlates to page 10 of this report

http://www.holisticheal.com/media/downloads/john-doe-mpa-sample.pdf

23andMe does not include all of the SNPs in this sample report (pdf).

Other things to consider - this is your DNA not your epigenetics. To get a full understanding of your body you will need a methlyation panel to assess your current biochemistry. You can order one from the mthfr.net (takes you here: http://www.seekinghealth.com/mthfr-test.html).

8. Glamazon

Glamazon Gold

Thank you! I nominate you for DNA goddess!

9. Aww sheesh - I'm just capitalizing on the hard work of others. :rolleyes:

I'll have the results from my methlyation panel back at the end of the week. My 23andMe results are complex and confusing! Because I don't trust myself to understand it, I'll be visiting an MD who specializes in this methlyation stuff as well as BHRT. If you are interested I'll PM you afterwards to let you know how it goes. Especially if you promise to keep me in the loop on your progress!

Just trying to figure out where to oil the tin man so to speak over next few decades. :eek:

10. I'm sending my 23andme test off today! My doc actually knows how to read these and hopefully will understand what mine says. OF course, I will have to do my due diligence before I go see her. Can't wait for the results!