1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Metformin, PCOS, and hair loss

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by AnnieW, Jul 23, 2015.

1. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

I am going back to square one. Had my bloodwork done with my RE, but he only tested for glucose and TSH. I just put in a call to see if we could have the hormones tested, as those haven't been tested since 2012.

Glucose is 108
    A1C is 6.2
    TSH is 1.326

I had taken metformin in the past and remember feeling fatigued along with the GI issues (although the diarrhea improved greatly when I started eating low carb).

I am very concerned about my hair loss. It is really bad at this point and I am wondering what effect the metformin will have? Will it improve my situation and slow the hair loss or will it make my hair fall out even more due to the lack of B vitamins?

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

context is everything... Metformin in the right context is helpful for more than lowering glucose.

Following circadian cycles, and eating seasonaly, if you're in summer time, its normal for BG to be higher than it would be in the winter.... Jack has commented upon this recently in the UV thread here.

If you're loosing hair while taking met - I'd be looking at your fully thyroid function (TSH, Free T4, Free T3, Reverse T3 and Antibodies) as well as a full lipid panel, and hormone panel (Pg, E2, testosterone, LH, FSH, pregnenolone, D3, prolactin) Sex Hormone binding Globulin, IGF-1, Mag RBC, Chem7 and CBC, and a ASI.

2nd what does your environment look like, and what are you doing to address it?

How long have you been following the Leptin RX, CT, protocols?

3. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

I don't remember losing hair with met before, but it was a few years ago. I think the hair loss is really bad right now because my weight has skyrocketed and my hormones are probably all screwed up which is why I need another panel done. I have no problem with my circadian cycle. I sleep very well but I am surrounded by EMF due to a certain family member (who insisted on putting a "smart" TV in our room a couple of months ago).

I am re-starting the protocols and trying to change things where I can. In a few months there might be some major changes taking place that will allow me to improve my situation even more. I can't really expand on that right now as I'm still unsure and afraid. It basically comes down to whether or not I have the courage to put my own health and well being over a situation I know isn't going anywhere (and is making me very unhealthy). Maybe I will start a journal and chronicle all that if and when the time comes. But it is not easy for me right now which is why the weight is really bad.

The RE's major goal with the met is to get the glucose down and prevent me from developing diabetes. I just didn't want to go bald before I hit 35. I used to have really nice hair but now I am losing it and my facial hair could rival the Duck Dynasty guys.