1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Merrily Measuring My Magnetism

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Martin, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Lava

Lava Gold

2. Martin

Martin Gold

Hi Lava, yes, that's the one. It has a separate probe (blue boxy thingy in the photo of the case) that you plug into the meter and then hold the probe near an object to test it's field. You rotate the probe slowly to find the highest reading, and you can use it to zero in on a source versus a meter with a three-axis configuration (three probes built into the meter itself that read in three different directions at once, averaging the total score).

There are bennies to a single-axis like this one, and different advantages to the three-axis meters. I like fine tuning my measurements and exploring so I chose this one. It seems like the best for the money and has a great accuracy history.

Good hunting!

BGH

3. Lava

Lava Gold

Thanks..I have been looking for a good one for some time now.. I have a cheap little ghost meter that is fun to take to the lava tubes to look for ghosts...I think I am going to get this one..Thanks for doing the homework and research....

4. nicld

nicld Gold

Thanks for sharing your wisdom on this Martin. I am going "hunting" tomorrow.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

you have ghosts????

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Um... Audrey who doesn't? I've seen some strange stuff in my travels. I've seen the ghosts of the imperial army on Okinawa, I've had ghosts cats as well. I've seen the ghosts of Union and Confederate soldiers at Antietam

7. nicld

nicld Gold

Great question, I was wondering the same thing. All of our power lines along the road and to the power pole in are yard and to the house are buried. From what I read the earth acts as an insulator but I still wonder.

8. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

Using a gauss meter, I found that buried power lines are detected. The highest reading was on top of the green transformer box. The reading dropped considerably 30 feet away. The reading continued to drop 50 yards away. Once again, distance is key ... the more distance between you and a source, the less EMF impact.

As to comparing to the impact of residential overhead powerlines to buried power lines, I don't know. But I recall my recent experience of my heart racing while stopped at a traffic under large number of high voltage power lines. So I would infer, the greater amount of voltage (whether overhead or buried), the more EMF we experience.

9. Martin

Martin Gold

Great question!

This was a topic brought up by DW at breakfast this morning. She'd been watching a documentary on earthing and brought up our decision to take the earthing sheets off our bed last year due to our concern that we were picking up currents from the overhead and buried power lines near where we ran our ground wire out to the earth, not to mention the fields we were picking up while in bed with our body acting like an "antenna". The EMF webinar was invaluable in cutting thru the bs and speculation.

Now that I have my gaussmeter, I'm going to go out and see what I can see around this yard thing. I figure I need much more sensitive, sophisticated measuring equipment to really get at the facts, but this may show me something.

Having said all that, I take it for granted that when I'm down in the garden or in the field, I'm doing the best I can. If I lived in a neighborhood with lots of houses and power lines running everywhere, I'd find a place where there is no Body Voltage readings. It seems to be the one value where I can really pick up on easily with the equipment I have.

This is all opinion from the...

Big Headed Guy.

10. Lava

Lava Gold

Audrey.....Ghosts galore....I could gob smack :) you with ghost stories. Had a huge experience just this past weekend.....

Gretchen, I grew up in Colo. Springs near the Air Force Academy..The dorms are completely haunted. Did you have any experiences there?

Has anyone tried their super EMF meters for ghost hunting?

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Best way to measure you magnetism? An MRI.........ask Gretchen if this is not what I did to her hubby.........this is where EE 4 brings you........the proof that I am right is found in every single person's MRI. the one problem..........no one seems to know it. MRI exams could be used to shut down cell phone carriers by lawyers.

12. nicld

nicld Gold

Well, that is good to know. Out box is towards the back of our property across the driveway. I will have to check this tomorrow. Did not get around to checking anything today, got a stomach bug and it has basically left me sitting on the couch :(

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Lava. I would love to go ghost busting with you! Maybe our commune could spend part of the time ghost busting and part of the time with Martin.... Admiring his new body and suntan. Fitness is still in charge of the Koolaid......;)

14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I'd like to hear more about this.....

15. Martin

Martin Gold

"Lava. I would love to go ghost busting with you! Maybe our commune could spend part of the time ghost busting and part of the time with Martin.... Admiring his new body and suntan. Fitness is still in charge of the Koolaid......"

I'd like to hear more about this.....

Me, too.

And the MRI thingy, too.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  16. caroline

caroline Moderator

That is so neat......can a regular doc figure this out from a MRI? When I get around to wearing a holter monitor can it somewhat do this too? It will give an indication of my energy field?

17. Martin

Martin Gold

I've measured my BV under power lines but I can't remember what it was. I'm doing some readings today and will post some findings.

My meter is not sensitive enough to read earth's magnetic field. That takes some sophisticated equipment, and Shumann readings as well.

Great questions!

BGH

18. Lava

Lava Gold

We could have our own TV show..ghost hunting..No wait..too many EMF's..forget it....

I am going to get an MRI as soon as I know what I am looking for...hoping for an expand on that info ..:)

19. JMO

JMO Gold

I've been using the body voltage meter to reduce the emfs. I was surprised at how high our hot tub in the master bath was eventhoughnwe didn't use it. Turned it off at the circuit. Also, my daughters room is above the garage and was able to bring it down by eliminating the fluorescent lighting in the garage and turning circuit off at night. Still working on this. I am able to work a lot at home although I am an IT software developer. I have found the lowest readings are from the basement or on nice days outside on a covered concrete porch area. I've eliminated all blue light by sitting close to a window.....except for my computer. A couple of days I've tried to use f.lux during the day but it totally kept me awake at night so guess I will try it again to see if same results. Anyone have results like that from using night settings on f.lux during the day?

20. nicld

nicld Gold

Ok, I have been checking the stuff around the house today and it appears that we are not too bad.

When I stand in the middle of our DD's room I get a reading of 0 mG.
    Where I sit at home 0.3 mG
    My side of the bed 0.1 mG.
    the sound machine that I use to drown out the husband's nightly noises 0.6 mG.
    Laptop 0.9 mG.
    I could barely get a reading off of the TV's.
    My alarm clock that does sit above my head on a wood board did read 3.5 mG, just a little high.
    The kindle was 0.2 mG
    The LED lights in the shelf above the bed was 16.5 mG when on and 13 when off. Think these might have to stay off and unplugged.

Now the bad bad ones.
    The space heater off 44 mG on 55 mg. Ughhhh, no more using this to heat up :(
    Our outlet by the phone highest reading was 57 mG.
    Power cords behind the DD's chair highest I got was 141 mG EEEEEKKKK. No wonder why the kid seems screwed up. Since her bedroom reading is 0 mG I will be keeping a magnet by her chair and will be trying to up it.
    Microwave was 100 mG, no surprise, been keeping that unplugged.
    Stove and fridge was not too bad 4 and 3.7 mG.

I still have a couple more things to check but I think this was a pretty good start. Oh and I have rented the meter that Martin recommended.

So what I need to do yet is see about EMF reducing or eliminating power cords. Or maybe I can build something to shield the power bars. Find a different lamp for the bedroom and unplug the LED lights.

The DD gets funding from the county and I think I might look into them buying her a magnetico pad. But I have to really figure out how to teach the hubby about this and get his buy in so we can ask the county for the pad. Right now she is on generic Ritalin to keep her from hurting herself but if I can make her field better and get her off of the drugs that would be a win.

Question - how far away should EMF emitting devises be or is it a accumulation of all that are in the house. I have not found anything on this so I might do an Ask Jack question on this.