1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Merrily Measuring My Magnetism

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Martin, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Martin

Martin Gold

I got my meter setup and started measuring in my house. At my studio workbench, there are lots of tools and some electrical devices, so I've been concerned about what my exposure has been.

Using the Swedish National Energy Department's advisory warning of schoolchildren not being exposed to ELF mag fields over 3.0 mG for long periods of time every day, I set about duplicating a typical exposure when I work here.

My MacBook is showing .5 mG (milligauss) at a distance of about an inch off the surface of the keyboard's trackpad. It varies as I move it across the keyboard due to the inner workings of the electronics inside. If I hold the measuring probe down on the keyboard, it goes as high as 15.8 mG in places, and as little as 1.6 mG in others. But these measurements fall quickly away as soon as I move the probe away from my trusty laptop. (note to self: look for external keyboard for a laptop?)

12 inches (30 cm) away from the computer, at my torso, it reads 0.00 mG.

Sweet.

I have external computer speakers with a power supply (heavy thingy that plugs into the home's wiring) that reads 10 mG at 12 inches. I don't want to spend much time with my head near that thing, so I ran an extension cord in order to place it further from my precious body and mind as not to degrade it too much so I can be ready when a certain Aussie comes to town to check out the compound for the future commune.

Next was a soldering gun that I use to repair and build projects. It's a classic Craftsman model from the '70's that I bought at a garage sale for $3. It's in perfect shape and barely used, so I'm quite proud of it. These tools have been used for generations all over the world to fix and make things and I was floored when it overloaded my meter's setting and I had to go to the next highest range in order to measure it - 180 mG!!! This was taken at 12 inches from my head, like someone working closely on a project.

Ugh.

So, for generations we've been dehydrating our ass into the state we find ourselves in. Who knew?!

Becker. And now we do.

More later from the Big Head

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Martin - I am sure I would love you even with a decomposing body ..... but we gotta save the brain......:)

Do you have my cabin at the ready?

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

BTW ..... you have't said .... but you sound like a man on a mission these days......all good???

It sounds like you have had a great summer .......GQ photo shoot anytime soon?

We will need another success update from you when you have time .... you know I hang on every single word....:)

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

It just occurred to me ..... did you mean me???? There are lots of Aussies on the forum now - male and female.......
    maybe your tastes have changed?

Sorry - I am taking you away from serious men's business ............

5. Martin

Martin Gold

Of course it's you, my dear. This IS serious Men's business!

I'm on a mission alright. I've strayed from my course from time to time, but I've become resolute. While I've made progress, there's still a long way to go.

Summer was decent, albeit rainy as hell, and I have a wonderful tan to show for it. Many a day, I'd strip down to me skivvies (hold on tight, girl!) and work in the garden. The photons were lovely!

GQ has not returned my numerous calls and emails.

Soon, an update. But I gotta have something to brag on besides my fat ass head.

Big Fat Head

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

so - I suppose your lovely DW has a smile on her dial 24/7.........

7. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

what device are you using to measure????

8. nicld

nicld Gold

oh thanks for sharing. Just got my meter today and will be testing everything this weekend. I might post my results too (if I can steal your idea) :)

9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Jack has warned us that older appliances and such had terrible wiring/grounding. Too bad I already bought antique fans and some other things a year or two ago. But at least most of my antiques are muscle-powered.

10. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I remember when I measured our house....I had some plug in sonic mouse deterrent that read 160mG....no wonder the mice leave, they have more sense than the people!

11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

wait do you have a meter that can measure milligauss? can I barrow it???? then we'd actually have our get together we've been kicking around....

12. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oh, I never could stand those. They were only plugged in when we left on vacation. And they don't last long anyway.

13. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Sure. I got the whole trifecta of meters...Alpha UHS, the RF one and and the body voltage one. Let me know the next time you are going to Chicama....I'm practically around the corner. Or can meet half way if thats better :)

14. Inger

Inger Silver

Ohhh.. Audrey is moving to live by Martin..???! :) :) :)
    This just made my day!!!! yay! you are going to get so healthy Audrey what a fun company to have too :D

15. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

OH yeah.. we've got a pick up the 1st week of november....

but maybe we can get together before that????

16. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Sounds good...will message you :)

17. Martin

Martin Gold

18. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

OMG, I remember reading that men working in an office surrounded by electrical equipment were developing breast cancer and the reading was only 92 mG!

http://sammilham.com/Male breast cancer in office workers.pdf

19. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

20. Martin

Martin Gold

Another tip: I have a decent Klein multimeter (a regular device for measuring all kinds of electrical currents) and found that it was not sensitive enough to be used in conjunction with the MagCheck 95e probe (which can be bought separately - I did!) and ended up going back to Magnetic Sciences and getting the matched multimeter in the kit linked above. I ran side-by-side tests and confirmed that the METEX meter they provide is showing me what I was missing before.

Know better, do better.

I'm off again, with probe in hand, to measure my little corner of the world!

Biggie

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013