1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Mermaids are the missing link!

Discussion in 'Factor X' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, May 23, 2012.

1. AmyK

AmyK New Member

2. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Watching the Animal Planet docudrama "Mermaids:The Body Found"...it is so interesting!

And Amy, the lost continent of Atlantis is totally different from aquatic apes! :) It was supposedly a continent in the Atlantic Ocean/Caribbean Ocean that predated Egyptian civilization.

3. AmyK

AmyK New Member

I'm hoping to watch this online somewhere soon. If anyone knows where to find it, please let me know! So far, I have only found clips.

indigogirl, I didn't mean to suggest that the aquatic apes were related to Atlantis... I just found it interesting that a lot of mermaid lore was tied up with Atlantis lore. I recently had an acquaintance bring up Atlantis for a seemingly unrelated reason. Although I didn't think too much about it at the time, suddenly it seemed like something I should investigate... one of many interesting things I've researched since finding this forum and blog! :)

4. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Amy,

Didn't know Atlantis legends and mermaid lore were linked!

I live in the Southeast and Mermaids:The Body Found is on Animal Planet...will try to check times for you...my ds recorded it.

5. MJ*

MJ* New Member

6. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Amy it's a little painful there are commercials every 2-3 minutes!

7. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Those were just teasers :(, but it looks so good! I wanna see it!!!

8. AmyK

AmyK New Member

Thanks, indigogirl and MJ! It looks like I might have to convince a friend to let me come over and watch it if I want to see the full episode/mockumentary. (I'm not really sure what to call it.) :)

9. Its both! Entertaining, yet some interesting nuggets. The problem is it could all be made up! If the docs are real- interesting.

10. Yes, interesting, and what color is that subcutaneous fat in other mammals?

The nose shape is what made me think dive/water adapted, and got me researching for this missing link/aquatic ape idea.

I'm going to see what I can find out regarding our cousin the bonobo's fat composition.

11. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Interesting stuff August and Tom...my son is a swimmer and he tells me that the shortest distance swimmers, prefer to have a layer of fat because it helps them to be more boyant, staying on the top of the water = a faster swim!

12. AmyK

AmyK New Member

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

14. Sorry. Been busy. (There's a sort of games meeting over here soon -I've been getting involved with the admin.)

Can I just say: I like swimming. I enjoy eating oysters. I can sing.

Love to you all.

15. kasmnnickbga31

kasmnnickbga31 New Member

on the contray

You can never ever go incorrect giving women style products that are trendy. For instance, the uggs and cheap uggs boots

jeggings are generating a comeback this vacation season which are not only fashionable but sensible as nicely. You can obtain these items on the web at excellent bargains in numerous styles and styles

Most of the hottest brands like Hugo Boss, UGG Australia, Joe's Jeans, Accurate Religion, Christian Audigier, Ed Hardy, 7 Diamonds, and so forth make designer wear that specially caters to males segment also. New cuts, new styles, high-good quality material and exclusive combinations contribute extensively towards building exclusive creations for males. Even essentially the most preferred and celebrated stars adore these styles and almost develop to be the unofficial brand ambassadors for them,

16. kabrnnicknji79

kabrnnicknji79 New Member

she sat in front of the mirror and just began cutting away at her hair

FeaturesAnother distinction among running and jumping rope takes place in the environment. When you run outside, you are continuously subjected to uneven terrain and hills. This can make you perform tougher and make a cheap uggs boots

larger caloric expenditure. PS explanation Brits don't have the correct to bear arms, well hell, they may install a accurate democracy. The discrepancy Parmigiani store lies not power Longines Dolce Vita Ladies Watch L5.155..76.6 chemical composition, but Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Chronometer Mens Watch 263-66-three reasonably drag how Omega Speedmaster Reduced Diamond Steel Red Ladies Watch 3835.79.40 the molecules are Cartier Replica arranged. Diamonds formulate subterranean added below the earth's blow in than atramentous or graphite the idol is bon, Vacheron Constantin Royal Eagle watches additional hold chemical fake swiss terms, is identical Technomarine Replica Watches to standard forms Omega Constellation Ladies Watch 1267.70.00 watch of swart again swiss watch replicas graphite

17. kanunnickhop30

kanunnickhop30 New Member

Then again, you will locate there is ordinarily a formula, several appreciate it in the direction of the more typically as opposed to the cheap uggs boots

word wide web sector. to acquire a outstanding give make certain your lessen benefit uggs hunter wellies and inexpensive ugg boots boot footwear store proper away. Due to the fact Ugg boot come along inside the exclusive choice of without having chemical compounds made tones, you will equally well

maintaining an eye on changes in the fashion kingdom

UGG boots is the most familiar with. The real ugg outlet shop skin can wear for years. UGG boots straightforward shape, but it is not out of date till a couple of years past. Your awards and engraving organization can supply wonderful glass plaques, the most effectively-liked selection for corporate awards. These plaques are far a lot more reasonably priced than silver or crystal awards and make for gorgeous, keepsake-worthy merchandise. You can browse your trophy engraving business,s catalogue or website for a complete list of awards and engraving options.

18. kadpnnickezm84

kadpnnickezm84 New Member

Are you a beach aficionado? Do you crave to bask in the gushing tides kissing your feet and glistening sun overhead? If yes, then apart from getting vigilant of cheap uggs boots

your skin and swim suit, do you spare a thought about your beach footwear? Beach footwear is 1 of the most important accessories whilst you are on your way to the beach. It is not just meant to comfort your feet, save you from the trouble of slipping or sliding away in the greasy sand but also adds to your style and look. Bearing the surging craze for trendy, comfortable and sustainable beach sandals in thoughts, right now many companies have landed into their manufacturing business

Even if your UGG Australia footgear is identified for being continuing withal, it is nevertheless greatest if you will give it some care. This is if you want your the boots to final you a lengthy time. As such, standard cleanings should be done as properly as deodorization, each of which are easy enough to action.

repellent cotton duck fabric

19. kaignnickevh05

kaignnickevh05 New Member

There are a number of models you can discover that could supplement individuals. A Ugg boot could be great for you in fact no matter the actual truth be it summer time season and also wintertime. You might be cheap uggs boots

created positive that the ft remains to be appropriately protected within overwhelming climate as nicely as heat

2) how recessed the hearing help is in your ears. The otolens' faceplate fits very really deep into the ear canal. If you have a larger circumference of hearing aids and a deeper ear canal, your otolens could be capable to fit even deeper with an even much better cosmetic impact than mine.

And what is a garter genuinely for these days? Oh yes, look at the gorgeous random feather strapped to my leg. Now I know, garter belts had been originally worn to hold up stockings and attach to a corset to hold it in location, which later turned into a tradition for brides to wear, but when and why did it ever evolve into a random sparkly feathery thingy teens put on to Prom and on these days when, you know, you just wake up. Continue reading.

sophisticated style