1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Mendoza Argentina journey

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Dave Key, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

After a week in downtown Mendoza I was about to throw in the towel and cut my trip short but last night found a place in the country to stay and immediately snapped out of the funk I had gotten in.
    I thought my radiation callus was thicker than it was... wow! was I wrong.

Lahelada likes this.
  2. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Wow, that is interesting. Tell us more when you are recovered,please. You may want to check out the other high altitude wine region Salta and san Juan while you are here.

3. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

Thanks for the travel tips Lahelada, and I'm much better today.

Lahelada likes this.
  4. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

Are you in Argentina?

5. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

The food situation is even worse than Mexico too... at least I'm bouncing back. And it tells me how much more serious my RF problem is than diet issues

6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

What is the problem with the food ? No seafood I suspect. No oyster has been seen in the interior in living memory... or something like that.
    If I can help let me know. I don't know Mendoza but I know Argentina.

7. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Swen, Dave Key and Marko Pollo like this.
  8. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I live in Buenos Aires.

Dave Key likes this.
  9. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

I wish I could see the whole country. The scenery and the people I've met have been great!

Lahelada likes this.
  10. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

No offense but I've been having a hard time finding something other than processed foods in the city. I was eating seafood every day in Mexico and now that choice is gone. Also, being downtown didn't help either.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  11. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I wish I had known. Processed food is a huge problem in Argentina,too. The problem is the continuing economic crisis.People buy processed food for economy reasons and for comfort I suspect. Most people also still shop in the small stores rather than supermarkets.

Having said that if you know where to shop you can get amazing things. I get smoked pork loin and cheese from the farmer,DHA enriched eggs( chicken eat algae) and cheese from a valley at 2000 metre altitude. Fish/seafood comes from the Chinese quarter, liver sausage and sauerkraut from a German butcher.
    I am glad you found a place in the country to stay. How long is your stay?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...Central-Mendoza_Province_of_Mendoza_Cuyo.html
    http://www.experiencemendoza.com/en/things-to-do/shopping/the-market-benegas/
    If these are still near to you check them out.

12. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

I'm here another week so I should be able to find better food. Today I rented a car just before they booked up for the week. Lucky! Now that I have wheels it should be easier to find better food.

Lahelada likes this.
  13. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

14. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Yes ,
    a car helps! You will have fun .

15. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

It has volcanic springs and as you have moved from summer to winter thermal springs should do you good.

16. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

I went this morning it was exactly what I needed. What a great time! As I sat in the cold pool the people in the hot spa kept reaching over to dip their fingers in the cold water. I couldn't understand all the Spanish but I'm pretty they were daring each other to take a full dip. Eventually, the bravest one got in. Then, one by one they all gave it at try. A couple of them asked if it bad for health. And that was my intro to start explaining why I was in the cold pool for so long. My Spanish speaking is limited, a good thing. I can explain the basics without puking science all over them lol
    Thank you very much for suggesting I visit this place. I feel So much better after CT in the sun

Attached Files:

17. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Brilliant ! I am glad it worked for you. Holding an impromptu intro to Ct is no mean feat.People are very afraid of the cold. Well done.

Dave Key and Phosphene like this.
  18. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

That looks spectacular! Adding it to my list...:)

Dave Key and Lahelada like this.
  19. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

It felt like I had gone to a cenote when I left, completely refreshed.
    It was satisfying also to see them keep returning to the cold pool.

Lahelada likes this.
  20. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

It's a must-do when you visit here

Lahelada likes this.