1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

member event Mexico

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by lilly antic, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Member event 2017 video made by Sarah.

Marbear, Freader, Dia and 4 others like this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

very, very cool ........ congratulations to everyone who made an effort to get to Mexico! huge quantum dividends/rewards I am very positive about that!

Dia likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Marbear and Lahelada like this.
  4. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

Hey All!

I am looking to visit playa del carmen in march when Jack is heading down again. Im looking to book somewhere to stay this week and the Royal and grand porto are out of my price range unfortunately this year. My question is did anyone stay anywhere else or have any suggestions for accomodations close by. I am traveling by myself as well.

5. Rubicon

Rubicon Avoiding Equilibrium

Hi Sun Disciple. I was at the 2017 event in January and stayed in a nearby apartment I found on AirBNB. The problem with doing this is that the grounds of the Royal are off limits unless you're a guest. They check everyone for armbands and it's not really practical to repeatedly sneak in without one.

About PDC:
    The Royal/Gran Porto are in the touristy area of PDC and as a result the prices of everything there are substantially higher than what you might typically find in Mexico. Typically as you go from the beach into PDC the prices of everything rapidly falls. Along the beach up to 5th ave (Calle Quinta Avenida) you'll find taxis/restaurants with inflated prices. From 10th ave to 20th is a little more reasonable and you can find a taxi probably at half price. At 30th ave and up you're back in Mexico with lots of cheap places to eat and normal prices on everything...particularly if you can speak a little bit of spanish and try not to look like too much of a tourist. ;)

Here are a few ways people did the January event, and the results they had:

Minimal expense ($30-$60 per day): stay in a hostel or a cheap AirBNB accommodation in town located 30th ave or beyond. It's practical to walk to the beach or take a taxi for 30-50 pesos each way. You can survive on cheap taco's/groceries without spending much. With this option you'll get to hang out on the beach when Jack & others are outside the hotel grounds, especially at sunrise and throughout the morning/afternoon. After sundown typically Royal guests go for dinner inside the grounds and it will be difficult/impossible to join in on that.

Medium expense ($150-$200 per day): You can buy a daypass at the Gran Royal for $105USD per day that gives you access from 9:00AM to 11:00PM without booking a room. The daypass lets you use the towels/chairs on the beach, CT tank in the spa, and eat at the restaurants (including all-you-can-eat sushi at Asiana). With this option you pretty much get the whole experience of being able to hang out with Jack & other members, but you'll have to travel back and forth to your accommodation in town.

High expense ($350-$600 per day): Stay at the Royal, all inclusive. Note: The Royal is adults only, whereas families can stay at the Gran Porto. In January, those staying at the Gran Porto could not easily access the Royal and they typically would eat apart from the main group at restaurants inside the Gran Porto.

I did the daypass thing and found it to be good value considering it includes 3 meals per day.

lohd2015 likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Rubicon was the meals worth the money of the band????

Lahelada likes this.
  7. Rubicon

Rubicon Avoiding Equilibrium

I'd say the meals were worth the cost of the band.

The restaurants I dined at on nearby 5th ave typically cost $40-$60 for dinner, and the quality wasn't spectacular. Going to 10th ave or further, I found some quality options for ~$25-$30 per plate.

At the Royal I ordered as much of anything on the menu at the Pelicanos restaurant and/or accessed the buffet for breakfast/lunch. Dinners at the seafood/sushi restaurant Asiana's featured huge platters of sashimi, roast duck, rack of lamb, etc. Good quality food all around.

Marbear, lohd2015 and caroline like this.
  8. Freader

Freader Filtered

PDC was a wonderful experience! I'm so glad I decided to go and take my husband because he loves the sun. He is now curious and asks questions. We are both looking forward to going again in March. I'm learning to make the sun my friend and for me that is a big deal! Thanks to Sandy and Jack for their hospitality and generosity and everyone I met. I hope to see you again at another event soon!

Marbear, Lahelada and caroline like this.
  9. JMO

JMO Gold

We were fortunate to overlap our spring break vacation with Jack and Jeremy and a few other members. We were lucky to meet a woman at our hotel, Eva that hooked us up with an awesome taxi/tour guide. We ended up going to Tankah cenote close to Tulum in the middle of the jungle. The water was so cool and invigorating that we stayed for close to 3 hours. We tried to leave at least 3 times and ended up jumping back in...like it was calling our names. Finally SeƱor Cruz said he got a phone call from the owner and said we would have to leave because they were going to let the alligators out at 4...lol. We went into Tulum and had some great seafood then went to Paradise beach. The beach was beautiful but was crowded. The water beautiful blue. We walked down the beach at the edge of the water down towards the ruins then back. It was a magical day! The next day we were fortunate to hook up with Jack and Jetemy. Our 17 year old daughter was with us and it was amazing to see how Jack and Jeremy focused in on her to educate her. We have been trying to teach her about light, water and magnetism for awhile now and she has implemented some protocols but how this meeting has impacted her has blown us away! She has heard us listening to so many podcasts and our conversations about Jacks teachings but it became real when she was able to meet Jack and Jeremy and others from the forum. She has become a warrior and taken steps to help her friends. She took some Ubex glasses over to her friends and explained why she is having problems sleeping. Last weekend she was over a friends and their parents had some friends over and she was educating the adults about whtat she knew about quantum physics. The next day she dropped Uvex glasses off for one of the parents. She can't wait to go back in Dec for the next member event. The Royal is an absolutely beautiful hotel with even a cold tub and infrared sauna. I have found myself dreaming about Playa...the cenote and feeling very grateful to Jack and the others on the forum for a memorable experience for my family.

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

We enjoyed meeting your daughter and Mitch too!

11. kris90

kris90 New Member

12. Matty_M

Matty_M Purple Angel Club

13. Matty_M

we're staying at shelburne campground

14. kris90

kris90 New Member

Nice! Is that part of the Inn? Or is it a tent campground?

15. Matty_M

No it's separate. We are finishing our senior project harvesting seaweed with a healer in Maine just before then, and then driving over to VT. Would love to meet up.

16. kris90

kris90 New Member

Sounds great man! Are you going to see the Unbound movie screening on the Friday June 2? Trying to decide if I should go Friday June 2 to Saturday June 3, or just Saturday June 3 to Sunday June 4.

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Movie is being shown 6/2 and talks are 6/3

kris90 likes this.
  18. kris90

kris90 New Member

Awesome, I will try to make both. If I do, I'll probably try to spend most of the day 6/2 at the farm to get some sun. When are you arriving Jack?

19. Matty_M

My friends and I will get there from Maine by car in the afternoon 6/2. We'll be there all day 6/3 and probably head out 6/4.

20. kris90

kris90 New Member

Awesome! I'm thinking of coming 6/2 afternoon, and stay until 6/3 evening after the event. Who knows, maybe stay until 6/4, but I'm taking my family on a road trip 2 weekends earlier, so money is a little tight. Hopefully we can hangout on the Friday and have dinner before the movie screening.

This will be a birthday gift to myself lol

Freader and caroline like this.