1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Melissa's optimal journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by MelissaM, Jan 17, 2019.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

Better dreams are a big deal in my book.

James Brown has also been instrumental in my journey.

MelissaM likes this.
  2. MelissaM

MelissaM New Member

what is life without a little James Brown now and then?!

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  3. MelissaM

MelissaM New Member

Day 2 in Mexico. I've been doing the hybrid tanning thing, getting out in the AM sun before the strong UV comes out, and of course I was eating loads of seafood before coming here. I'm happy to say that day one was a success, no sunscreen and about 3 hours in the afternoon sun (11am-1pm & 3:30-5:00pm), and no sun burn. Some pinkness on areas that don't typically get as much sun, but not that intense heat and pain on the skin like a burn, and it was gone by morning.

My morning routine - wake up near sunrise, have a sip of coffee, immediately head out to the ocean for a swim and to catch those morning rays, then back in for a big breakfast, then back out for a few hours of sun before the sun gets super intense. Been drinking mineral spring water during the day, and feeling well hydrated.

I find when I come down after breakfast, it's hard for me to not wear sunglasses, the sun is more intense and where I'm staying, there's a lot of white....white patio furniture, white stone patio, white umbrellas, and it makes the light even more intense, my eyes can barely stay open. If I go over to the grass or the beach, it's better.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  4. drezy

drezy Gold

That may be something that you want to keep track of.

5. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Hi Melissa! I was just in Mexico for two weeks and noticed the powerful glare as well. Sometimes wished for sunglasses but stuck it out and it got better!

I miss Mexico already but got super-recharged and motivated to make longer and longer stays a reality. Noticed a quick and distinct improvement in my eczema down there as well.

MelissaM and drezy like this.
  6. MelissaM

MelissaM New Member

Yes, I am keeping track of it. At home I've gone from wearing sunglasses a lot, to never wearing them (unless the sun is directly in my eyes when driving). The same thing happened when I first started. Is it related to my eyes' ability to absorb UV?

It seems to depend where I'm located, what kind of light environment I've just come from, and probably the time of day/position of the sun. Right now I'm sitting on the patio, looking at all the same white things, and the water...and I'm fine. Don't need sunglasses, but it's later in the day and the sun is at a lower angle.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  7. MelissaM

MelissaM New Member

Yes, the psoriasis I have gets way better out here as well. In two weeks it's almost completely gone on areas that get full sun exposure. I'm also planning to extend my time out here, or do multiple trips a year. This is my second trip this winter. By the time I get home it will only be about 2-3 weeks before UV returns! Weak UV...but it's something.

Phosphene likes this.
  8. drezy

drezy Gold

The first month I started working after college I bought polarized Oakleys and stuck with them for a decades.

They sit collecting dust somewhere in a vehicle glove compartment now.

Just to prove some are seeing the light:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/fionam...ight-damages-cells-in-your-eyes/#1e12f5b7384b

Phosphene likes this.
  9. MelissaM

MelissaM New Member

My eyes have adjusted now and I don't need the sunglasses in the afternoon. If it's super bright and reflective, they water a little bit, but that's it.

Still getting lots of sun without sunscreen, without burning, getting a nice tan, but mostly staying out of direct sun from 1-3:30pm.

Phosphene likes this.
  10. MelissaM

MelissaM New Member

My mind becomes more clear and lucid when I'm in the ocean....

I always get my best ideas when I'm in the water.

Phosphene likes this.
  11. MelissaM

MelissaM New Member

There's always good seafood in Mexico if you're on the coast, but this time I've upped my game, seeking out some seriously awesome raw seafood. Seabass carpaccio, tuna tartare, and the best ceviche that I've ever had in my life....throw in some avocado, freshly made chicharrons...I'm in heaven. That is all.

Ok, that's not all. One week in, the few spots of psoriasis on my face are 100% gone, on my scalp 95% gone, on my arms 75% gone, the spots under my bathing suit are slower to go but waaay less inflamed and slowly fading. All stiffness in my lower back and hips is gone. Getting tired naturally around 10-10:30pm and falling asleep quickly. Noticing my appetite decreasing.

My partner is slightly skeptical of all this stuff I say and do, but he does keep an open mind, and obviously when he experiences benefit from it...he gets it. His digestion has dramatically improved since being here, and he is coming around to the idea of coming here for longer periods of time, or multiple trips over the winter.

I'm working on ideas to host retreats in warm places in the winter, so I can be here (or somewhere with sun and a beach) and make money.

Now that is all.

Phosphene likes this.
  12. MelissaM

MelissaM New Member

An interesting observation and supporting evidence for the negative health effects of EMF/RF on my health - the psoriasis on my arms, face and scalp significantly improved while I was in Mexico, as it always does. Normally, it starts to come back right away when I leave, in fact I used to say "it's like it starts to come back as soon as I get on the plane to go home." This trip, I wore a long sleeve shirt with silver threads woven into it (X-Static is the fabric), like the kind of fabric they sell on lessemf.com, and the psoriasis on my arms has stayed at bay much longer than usual, no flare ups yet, while the psoriasis on my scalp and face has already started to come back....parts which were fully exposed while on the airplane. More experimenting to do.

I thought we were going to dodge winter all together since it was so mild all through January, but I came home to -9 temps and now we have a foot of snow. So to make the best of it I've been doing CT + IR by shoveling snow in a t-shirt and doing snow angels in my undies, then warming up next to my fireplace inside.

13. MelissaM

MelissaM New Member

well hot damn! The UV hath returned, tis reason to celebrate! D-minder told me that we reached a UV index of 2 today and you can bet I was out there in the snow, basking in the sun with my bare feet on a patch of grass. It was heavenly. D-minder also says that in 4 days I'll be able to make vitamin D in the sun again! Hooray!!