1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Melinda's journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Meli, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Meli

Meli New Member

It has been a long time since I posted.
    I am back in Mexico. I have been in Cozumel for a week. I started out at a little yoga retreat center in the jungle that is offered through airbnb to give me a base to find a longer term (3 month) rental. I made a great friend from Finland at the yoga place and we have been biking the island together and swimming in the ocean. I moved over to a small apartment in town where I can cook. I share a courtyard with several Americans and Canadians. I am still looking for the longer term place and it may or may not even be Cozumel. One of the guys where I live drove me out to the east side of the island today on his scooter. I checked out a super cool hotel right on a big empty beach. It was clean, gorgeous water, no cell signal. Nothing but a neighboring bar in sight. The east side has very remote feel to it. I would come back and stay at the that hotel on a different kind of trip.
    I spent the summer living in my air stream trailer north of Boulder Colorado right next to a mountain river. The river was cold and great for CT. I really embraced the river over the summer. I was off grid using 3 small solar panels to power my dc batteries. I carted water over from the main house in my truck. I have a nice stereo system in the trailer, nice cooking set up. I loved it. I stayed into part of November through below zero weather and several snowstorms....but eventually with no running water because in the fall cold weather it would freeze the pipes, I gave it up and started to prepare for Mexico.
    It is great to be back in Mexico. There is something about the light that I am appreciating newly on this trip. No matter what time of day it is I feel connected and energized by the light. The water is clear here. It may be polluted from cruise ships but that is nothing that is noticeable by the eye or smell. I love being in the water.
    I am every day grateful for what i have learned and continue to learn on this website and in the webinars!
    I am doing well physically. I have some health issues, and I think they are improving. I am sleeping pretty well here despite being in town.
    I look forward to connecting with old and new friends at the Ziva event 2020!

2. Meli

Meli New Member

20191208_135125.jpg

Attached Files:

3. Meli

Meli New Member

This is the east side of the island next to Ventanasalmar hotel 20191209_121739.jpg

Phosphene, caroline, Lahelada and 2 others like this.
  4. Novah

Novah New Member

Please keep us updated! I am definitely curious on your thoughts on Cozumel vs the rest of the coast.

Phosphene likes this.
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

GREAT PICS - THANKS FOR SHARING!

It sounds like you are doing great!

6. crbonar

crbonar New Member

My wife and I have been in Cozumel since January 22nd, It is our first time we have stayed for more than a week. We will leave April 8. We are looking to maybe buy something because it feels so safe here. My concern is all the cell towers and wifi. I would want to buy something closer to the east side for sunrises. Where I am now on the northwest side is great calm water. Not sure if I should focus on a different place where there is not so much wifi and cell towers. Any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks

John Schumacher likes this.
  7. Meli

Meli New Member

If you can find a property on the east side that would be ideal. Or maybe South East.

John Schumacher likes this.