1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Melatonin Salivary Test

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Hope, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Hope

Hope Gold

Can any of you tell me which lab does the salivary and melatonin levels? I can't seem to find it on the site right now....but I know someone posted about it some time ago.

THanks!

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

ZRT labs ...... Check out - canary club

3. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

4. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

They also have a circadian melatonin panel - 4 samples in a day. Is it sufficient to do just one sample or is the circadian panel more useful?

5. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

When I ordered my salivary melatonin, I asked them that question. Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. However, she did say that one sample (ideally done @ 3am) will provide good data.

Since I am most concerned with my melatonin status as I sleep, I ordered the single test.

6. kathylu

kathylu Gold

I've been supplementing melatonin for years. I take 3 mg about 90 minutes before bed. I have resisted doing a salivary melatonin level because I think it will just reflect the fact that I supplement. Anyone have an opinion on how long I would have to stop supplementing before testing?

7. Hope

Hope Gold

kathylu, I am sure that the lab could tell you, no?

Thank you all for sharing...will check it out, too...I'd love to know what my levels are.

8. Hope

Hope Gold

So ZRT no longer tests melatonin so I will look into north bay diagnostics. ATLPaleo, have you done more than one test and seen a difference over time?

9. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

I have only ordered one of this test .... so no comparisons to make.