1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

MELAS Syndrome

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by JasonR, Oct 3, 2018.

1. JasonR

JasonR New Member

HI all im new here. I stumbled on a Jack Kruse video about mitochondria while I was surfing the web looking for information on (MELAS) Syndrome. My wife's friend has MELAS she's 30 years old and is declining pretty fast and she's pretty scared obviously. her mind is sound but shes very weak has lost lots of muscle function in her face can no longer smile and is depleted of energy and has heart issues. she has gone to new York, and Texas for some trial drugs in the past but no gains obviously. every were I have searched has the same conclusion. But I do know cures don't come to light unless someone stands to make billions off of it. So im curious if there is any help here or ideas of what she could do or stop doing that may help her. Thanks.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Look up Dr. Doug Wallace videos on line. He is the world expert in MELAS and he is at CHOP.

3. JasonR

JasonR New Member

will do thank you, I'm only a week into your content, and I find it very interesting, and look forward to the information. thanks again.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

my pleasure.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

welcome Jason..... good luck with your search for answers.

6. JasonR

JasonR New Member

Thank you, she came to my daughters track meet today and I passed along Dr. Wallace, and some info on what ive retained from jacks videos and encouraged her to look into it for herself. I gave her my blue light blocking glasses. which I ironically have had for over a year for the simple purpose I used them as a blue light filter to put in front of my phone photo lens to take pictures of my saltwater reef tank. little did I know they should have been on my face. lol strange world.

Lahelada and caroline like this.