1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Melanie Procter blog is live now.

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I know what I'm doing at my allergy appointment - reading this and Jeremy's blog

Martin likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You better keep up if you want the webinar Q & A to make a lot more sense.........

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Man I hate cramming for finals.... ;)

caroline and Josh like this.
  5. kovita

kovita Gold

this blog cannot have better timing for me! Still reading!

6. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Interesting that John Harvey Kellogg, the flamboyant M.D., who not only popularized breakfast cereal and aggressively advocated vegetarianism long before it was popular, was also an advocate of vigorously and repeatedly chewing food to the point of mutilation, a process he learned from colleague Horace Fletcher, that came to be known as "fletcherizing" your food. How much damage can one doctor do? A lot in his case.

7. Josh

Josh Gold

Yahoo! Quantam leap in understanding.....

NeilBB likes this.
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am really struggling with the webinar - hope I can pull more together now......

9. Josh

Josh Gold

Summary:
    1. the "tensegrity" structure of our body and cells is made of collagen.
    2. High cortisol really screws our ability to make and maintain it.
    3. Collagen is essential to keep our cells small and energetically efficient so that even if we are like Jeremy, we can be super efficient and do amazing things.
    4. Modern life really compromises collagen creation, function and maintenance in fundamental ways through EMF distortion of the key transition metal for Collagen: Copper which has 10 d shell electrons in what is called the 3rd level that are susceptible to all of the extra energy.
    5. Additional problems include loss of diversity in the gut that is key to energizing the collagen and running the system. This happens when we eat a highly processed and carb based diet, and ironically when we chew too much-I love this one, next time my wife tells me to sit down and chew the cup of soaked almonds I eat standing every morning;).......
    6. Raw meat and even more seafood seems to provide the optimal nutrients and substrates for the optimal gut microbiota diversity, especially when unchewed....
    7. Remember Dr. K reversed the RS issues by switching from potato starch to nuts which he probably did not chew either.....

10. Gracelind

Gracelind New Member

Thanks for this, Josh. Copying into my journal for future reference.

Like Kovita, I'm finding this very blog very timely--because in many ways it feels as if I'm running out of time in still being able to resolve the issues.

11. Jude

Jude Gold

Great summary, thanks Josh....printing it up as well.

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

I just finished the blog .......I sometimes get so sidetracked by all the science .....but in the end Dr. K. brings it home!

As I finished it - I was thinking I should be making more notes ..... and also should have made more notes for all the other blogs .... but my scope of understanding has improved so much and Dr. K. keeps building and building - and may I just say .... dragging me along for the ride! Thanks for that!

This blog really is the circle of life......Thank goodness I get a lot of it intuitively!

Interesting how my gut has always much preferred raw meat...... and I am not terrribly interested in vegetables - except carrots - I suppose because of the chewing factor. I never eat carrot stix - just a whole big carrot and don't seem to chew much!

Thanks Josh for that great summation......

Josh likes this.
  13. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

that is a game changer . Unchewed and straight down the middle ,eyes closed I can do a lot more seafood.

I was thinking something though . You know when really hungry we revert to type and do not bother to chew. Same happens in a SAD diet very often ,thousands of calories going in but the "reflex " of chewing is suppressed sensing that what is coming in will never be enough in electron terms.

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am still not clear on copper ......... as women we need more than men .

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

about this chewing thing ..... I have no problem digesting raw meat/seafood at all - barely chew ......but why do I have trouble digesting cooked meat? like from a crock pot? It just seems to sit in my stomach ....

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

We now know there is a lot to be said for wolfing down our food!!! - Kids seem to do that instinctively? How many times did I tell my kids to chew properly!

17. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Single line notes from the "Review" section of the blog:

When food is less digested in the proximal gut, the signal to gut bacteria is that more food stuffs for them available and less for us.

In turn, our gut microbiome creates FIAF via this stimulus of excessive nutrients and it greatly expands the diversity of the microbiome.

As FIAF rises, and this makes the human host burn its own fat for fuel and fat stores are slowly depleted to help feed the developing brain.

As the brain fully develops around 25 years old this mechanism is no longer needed because as the brain fully myelinates it begins to develop more surface area of cell membranes to mitochondrial density.

The omnivore diet begins to predominate and sulphur amino acids are incorporated into the cholesterol backbones to infuse these polar lipids with electrons to generates a voltage.

This voltage allows the brain to become resonant with the environment. In other words it becomes a better antenna because it can hold a charge well and is fully myelinated.

Since our gut flora controls our ability to make and store fat what if I told you they also might control our desires for the foods that they really want, namely fiber and resistant carbohydrates in nuts and chocolate?

The gut flora control the levels of neurotransmitters, agouti, ghrelin, and NPY in the peripheral and central nervous system and this drives us to want to eat certain things. The healthier the brain is the more accurate these intuitions will be (Inger alert).

The type of gut flora we employ actually is tied to the environment, satiety, appetite, desires, and to the reward of the food with respect to the brain’s frontal lobes.

These signals from the gut flora eventually get hard wired into the brain over time by Hebbian learning. Hebbian learning is neuroplasticity. This is a very dynamic process, and nothing in the gut or the brain is fixed in this process.

One question here is how big a role does FIAF play once the brain fully matures. I assume that this stage, the need for stem cells via WAT is diminished somewhat. (But what other factors are driving WAT turnover rates?)

Well, I turn 23 in 2 months, so I better pay attention to all of this. Should be pretty interesting to observe how my dietary cravings and patterns change as I make that transition to a fully myelinated brain.

----

A quick review of Electron Spin:

Electrons that are free in a lattice or crystal for semiconduction retain their spin and the are always coupled to the other electron they are paired with no matter how close or far apart they are. **This is called entanglement**. No matter where that electron goes, the other electron contains informational and energy characteristics of the one another. If something happens to one, it must happen to the other electron, no matter where that electron is in the body or the universe.
    Lack of collagen means a diminished crystal lattice (topological insulator) for semiconduction to take place. What I said about compromised collagen => compromised sensory ability is probably true given the above 2 quotes -- http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.ph...nar-with-dave-asprey.10486/page-4#post-120887

----

Also, from the last few paragraphs:

The CPC#8 blog, and this blog, show you the first two folds of all proteins are determined by the DNA code. The last two folds are determined by the redox state of the cell.

This is why so many proteins can have so many varied actions, even though their molecular structure looks identical to a molecular biologist.

When this happens normally in seasons, there is minor alterations in our redox potential designed to be cellular signals. This is what mitochondria use to signal things to the rest of the system using ROS and RNS. When it happens chronically, outside of seasonal signals, the collateral damage begins across all organ systems and the organization structure of proteins everywhere is altered.

I never had a thorough explanation when people asked "surely just a little carbs in winter can't be that bad?".

---

Now I need the May 2014 webinar to come sooner ...

18. Jude

Jude Gold

Thanks Yew...very helpful.

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Yew!

20. Inger

Inger Silver

the Nr 2. = how bad stress is for health

Stress destroys our collagen! That is why I tend to get more cellulite too when I stress.... and stress can make one gain too

gosh I am so ashamed years ago I always told hubs to chew better too, just as your wife Josh.. he used to eat so fast and just swallows big pieces... ha! He sure did it right ;)