1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Mediocrity is the highest form of selfishness (Feeling Better; Labs=Crap)

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Hunger4More, May 25, 2016.

1. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

Thanks JanSz!

Jack, perhaps you can help answer a few questions for me:

1. Is one's fasting blood sugar supposed to be higher in the winter?
    2. I believe you said somewhere that high blood sugar can also be a sign of heteroplasmy. Does this look like the case for me?
    3. Is nicotine in the winter a mis-match?
    4. Can I make anything out of my glucose tolerance test? I'm assuming its a good thing my blood sugar dropped when having carbs (one of the few times I've had them this winter).
    5. HB1AC should be lower in the winter, correct?
    6. Re: cholesterol, triglycerides, and sex hormones - these are all improving slowly. Progress is better than no progress. Should sex hormones drop a bit in winter as well (less sun). What sort of "pace of progress" do you see within your patients? Haven't been able to leave the city, but should I expect this to take a few years to get closer and closer towards optimal?

JanSz likes this.
  2. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

Latest Labs updated.

The Wins:
    HDL cholesterol is way up!
    Estradiol is now in an optimal range - I believe the Magnetico has helped a lot with this. From the Wunsch video, I believe this also correlates with better melatonin production.
    Triglycerides getting better... though still needs work.
    Absolutely zero digestive issues at all, even with the consumption of previously inflammatory foods.

What Needs Work:
    Blood sugar is still very high, despite eating a seasonal low carb diet.
    DHEA, progesterone and testosterone have dropped, but I assume this is due to being in winter -- very difficult to get strong light at this latitude.
    Vitamin D - but I stopped all tanning and supplements.
    CRP has crept back up a bit as well.

It's been about 18 months since I've really started applying Jack's work. I really am feeling the best I ever have, but despite this, I know with my labs I still have a way to go.

Current Habits in Place:
    Leptin Reset
    Sun light in the morning; dark at night
    Try to get a minimum of 60mins grounding + sun per day. Sunnier days I usually do more
    Blue Blocking Glasses
    Seasonal Eating
    Seafood
    ~4L/day of spring water
    Deep CT

What I Plan To Change:
    Add more seafood - I currently eat seafood 3-4x per week. Given my latitude, that may not be enough.
    Given my nnEMF environment, adding more iodine from sea vegetables is probably smart too.
    With summer coming, I will add more carbs. I very likely screwed myself up by following a ketogenic diet for far too long
    Morning sun with tan through swimwear - wish I could, but nowhere to get naked in the morning.
    Will hack using an aluminum blanket to get extra sun when I am out.
    Switching off the breaker to my bedroom at night -- I'm now very aware the effect dirty electricity can have on blood sugar... lets hope this little hack helps.

One question to ask:
    My main goal is improving my body composition. Other than very mild eczema (which is improving significantly with more sun), I have no health issues.

However, I live in a condo downtown. I have no chance of moving for at least the next year. My question is this: given my context, labs, and goals, what would be a better investment: a sleep canopy for my bed or upgrading my Magnetico to 20g (currently have 10g)?

I know it's a tough decision - one helps me increase my redox, the other stops it from being lowered...

Appreciate any insight.

Attached Files:

3. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

Latest update of labs here.

These labs come after a 2-week vacation to the Dominican Republic.

The plan was to loads of quality sun and sand.
    As soon as we arrived, I saw 3 massive cell phone towers about 200m from our resort -- :mad:

Initially, the Dominican sun along with consistent grounding had us feeling good.
    After about a week, I had the worst acne of my adult life.
    10 days in, my sensitivity to gluten (which had previously completely disappeared), came back. My stomach was destroyed for several days after the trip.
    My eczema, which was doing well in the summer sun at home, was the worst it had ever been. Jack talked about eczema being an allergy to nnEMF... this was pure proof of it to me. The eczema is 90% gone now that I am home.
    My girlfriend and I barely tanned at all (both Fitzpatrick II skin types), despite spending ~7hrs out in the Dominican sun daily.

After all this, I feel like I need a vacation from my vacation. I got a first hand lesson in just how terrible nnEMF is for you (even with strong sun and grounding). I've thought about joining Jack this Christmas in Playa Del Carmen... but may opt for a more remote vacation in Nicaragua instead. We'll see.

The Wins
    FBG and HB1AC continue to drop
    Triglycerides looking much better
    Vitamin D through the roof! Haven't taken a single supplement or used a tanning bed at all.
    Free T has gone up since last summer
    CRP is quite low as well

What Needs Work
    HDL dropped... I assume this is due to the cell towers, as I know HDL is linked to leaky gut... previously my HDL was the highest it had been before and my digestion/stomach were feeling amazing. Now that I'm home, things are feeling more normal already.
    Creatinine still high... assuming this is due to dehydration
    Was hoping my Testosterone & DHEA would be higher. I get outside consistently every morning; perhaps its time to start spending significantly more time outside in the morning. Need to figure out a way to do it in the buff as well
    Not too sure why, but my Estrogen shot up quite significantly as well

Next Hacks to Implement
    More colored salt throughout the day to go along with my water
    Thinking of investing in some red light therapy (most likely a JOOVV)
    More time outside in the morning & afternoon... less during mid-day
    Dropping nicotine as winter rolls around
    Looking forward to adding in more consistent CT as winter approaches... have found a nice lake to do it in
    Decreasing frequency of workouts... even though I recover well, lets see what working out 3x per week does, versus my 4-5x currently

One quick question: have been able to find it anywhere on the site - what's a good H/H result?

As always - appreciate you reading and offering any thoughts.

Attached Files:

4. Danny

Danny New Member

Don't skip going to Playa if you are able to do it. The presence of nnEMF in the environment of Playa is relatively high. I compare it to being in a mid-sized to big city. However, the magnetic flux from the crater offsets this. Going to Playa is an eye opening experience in that you can see the almost immediate effects an environment can have. It's not like you're going to be able to stay out until 2 AM at a club w/o blue blockers and not block out blue light while sleeping and feel amazing, but the nnEMF has way less of a negative effect there

5. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

Thanks for the input Danny! Haven't completely ruled out Playa... just was quite disappointed with how this past trip went. Didn't feel like a vacation at all by the end of it. But Playa still says in the mix, mostly for a chance to learn in person from Jack.

6. Danny

Danny New Member

Meeting Jack and others is worth it alone, but you will definitely notice the effects of the environment there. It was much more than just a vacation for me.

caroline and Hunger4More like this.
  7. Stephen W

Stephen W Silver

How is your eczema these days? My partner struggles with it.

8. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

Much, much better. But I still haven't completely changed my environment.

3 key factors in fixing it:
    1. Fix your circadian rhythm
    2. Limit nnEMF - the "screen time" app is your best feedback here.
    3. UV light. My eczema completely disappears in Playa Del Carmen within 3 days.

Lindsay Alfieri and Stephen W like this.
  9. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

@Jack Kruse hope you can quickly answer this:

Context: I live in a condo with several cell towers near by.
    I've found within the last year it's become incredibly difficult to raise my redox while being in nature in the city.

I've now got a spot outside the city where I can effectively raise my redox - a low population density lake.
    Moving is now our top priority. But, we're still about 6 months away from that.

Would it be wise to invest in an EMF canopy for our bed, so I can at least keep the redox that I've built, until we can move?
    We already have a 10g Magnetico, but I feel like it's losing its effectiveness due to changing environment.

Thank you in advance.

10. kris90

kris90 New Member

May I ask whereabouts you are? Are you still living in Ottawa? I'm about 40 minutes south of Ottawa (Kemptville) and lovin it! Best move I've ever done.

11. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

Kris! I'm currently in Rockliffe... quickly becoming a disaster zone here. Thinking about making the move out to either Chelsea or Navan... but I may have to consider Kemptville as well, even though it's quite far for me

12. kris90

kris90 New Member

Damn! Yes, Chelsea is nice. There's some good spots up in Quebec near the mountains.

Kemptville has been great, and was enough for me to reverse my health ailments back in 2016: leaky gut, hypogonadism, subclinical hypothyroidism, SAD. Population density has had a HUGE impact as well as having 1 acre of property surrounded by trees and having no WIFI.

Attached Files:

13. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

That's awesome! I definitely need an acre of land... if not more!

14. kris90

kris90 New Member

For sure! An acre is great, and it's still nice living in a community, but I wouldn't be surprised if my next home is on 5-10 acres.

Sidenote, we should try to get together sometime? I'm really looking to work on balancing my social life as there's not many likeminded individuals in my life right now. Always looking for some company by the bonfire sippin on some Malbec ;)

Hunger4More likes this.
  15. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

Yes! Lets do it. Sent you a PM with my number!