1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Medical School or Health Coach???

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Skip Platt, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Skip Platt

Skip Platt Gold

This question was posed on yesterday's live Q&A and looking for some feedback.

"I am an aspiring healer and would like to help other eradicate disease and attain optimal health. So for these aspirations, is going to Med School and getting an MD License worth it? I would love the "credentials" and platform but I'm concerned by a med board watching over me and declaring "Malpractice!" when I refuse to treat patients via traditional drugs. Is it a better bet to simply become a health coach? What are your thoughts on the pros and cons of these career paths?"

John Warner likes this.
  2. The power of the AMA to persuade courts has created a legal precedent. I know too many doctors, MDs, NDs, PAs, nurses, etc. who did what was "right for the patient", using only partially unapproved methods (in the view of the AMA); however, ending up with unbelievable fines and some had their licenses revoked.

There are many articles on the subject which do not understand medical law nor our AI medical algorithms (where the "code is law"). For example the following article states:
    https://journalofethics.ama-assn.org/article/effects-malpractice-law-practice-medicine/2007-06
    "physicians set the standard of care, defensive medicine can create new standards."
    "Standard of Care" is not defined by the physician. It is the complex product of medical software code written for the paying insurer corporation(s).

Warning -> If you choose a "health care" profession, know the law of our landscape first.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
    Skip Platt likes this.
  3. Dr. Marcus Ettinger

Dr. Marcus Ettinger Platinum Member

Skip, when I decided to become a chiropractor during my sophomore year in high school, I just wanted to give people chiropractic. I had my first adjustment around 9 years of age and I'm 58 now. I graduated with two degrees in 1989, with chiropractic as my primary focus. In 1993 I received "The Body Electric" and read it in one month. That sparked my interest in all things biology and physiology. I made it a rule to read at least 2 journal articles a day or 1 hour of research. I have been 99.5% faithful to that passion since 1993.

Now to the point. My degree just gave me a license to practice chiropractic. I do adjust almost all of my patients, but my primary focus is, for simplicity, functional medicine. I use diet, light, exercise, changing one's thought patterns, circadian biology, and supplements... Everything I do today came from my research. Barely any of my schooling, other than chiropractic technique, is used today.

A degree gives you access to prescribing or adjusting or billing insurance. I can do everything I do today minus chiropractic manipulation without my degree. If I lost my degree today, I would still make the same income and treat the same patients. I just couldn't put DC after my name or manually adjust people.

I hope this helps.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The degree isn't worth what it used to be, but it still affords benefits if you choose to engage in business.

Skip Platt likes this.
  5. Taylor Freeman

Taylor Freeman New Member

The only medication that helped me to heal my chronic illness was Welchol. Every single other medication doctors put me on for the 8 years I’ve been sick only did me harm. Supplements, the sun, sauna’s, infrared light only at night, and cold have healed me more than anything else. I’d say not a single MD has helped except Neil Nathan (and Jack).

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Welchol
    reduces total cholesterol.
    ----------------------------------
    It would be a good idea if you could post your cholesterol data,
    when you felt bad
    and
    after taking Welchol, when you felt good.
    For both cases, make sure to post triglycerides.
    ------------------
    Total cholesterol
    LDL
    HDL
    Triglycerides
    -------------------
    Most likely, I think, you may actually have high triglycerides and high homocysteine
    ----------------
    Spectracell goes rather deep into this type of evaluation.

upload_2022-11-22_10-15-54.png

upload_2022-11-22_10-4-45.png

7. Taylor Freeman

John Schumacher likes this.
  8. Taylor Freeman

9. Taylor Freeman

@Skip Platt as I think about it, the people who did the research to find a cure for my specific chronic illess (which I think is a cause of many chronic illnesses) were mostly MD's (about 3 specific ones including Jack). I think it's what you do with your medical degree that really matters.

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

11. Taylor Freeman

Happy to post an old test, but I haven't gotten them tested in a long time. I only take activated charcoal, complex formula bentonite clay, and Chlorella now. Here is 2021 august:

568B27B3-B1BC-477B-A241-4D52EEB32EF6.png

JanSz likes this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

you should have Triglycerides = ~100
    you have/had 353, three and a half times more than you should.
    upload_2022-11-22_17-43-58.png

Now post your homocysteine, insulin, vit D
    upload_2022-11-22_19-22-33.png

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
  13. Daniel Renaud

Daniel Renaud New Member

Health Coach scope of practice is pretty limited. I completed Kresser’s ADAPT program about a year ago. Do your research and find a good program if you go that route. ADAPT combines business, coaching and functional medicine material. I really learned a lot from the coaching and business tracks. Good luck!

Jack Kruse likes this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

spirulina lowers cholesterol and triglycerides

upload_2022-11-26_17-17-33.png

15. Insulin resistance is a resulted of glucose intolerance or is it an effect of leptin resistance?

upload_2022-11-26_16-54-48.png

In individuals with normal insulin sensitivity, the pancreatic β-cells release insulin in response to increased circulating glucose levels (as seen in the postprandial state). Insulin then decreases the plasma glucose concentration by suppressing hepatic glucose output and enhancing glucose uptake into adipose tissue and by skeletal muscle.

Leptin opposes the action of insulin by decreasing insulin’s lipogenic effect on the adipocyte and depleting the triglyceride content of adipose tissue without increasing circulating free fatty acids.

upload_2022-11-26_16-55-10.png

Effect of recombinant leptin on triglyceride content shown above. These results demonstrate that leptin depletes triglyceride in cells.

Perhaps - if @Skip Platt plans to enter the health profession, he can make a shot at answering the question (on the first line of this post) above. ;)

Sources:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    Taylor Freeman and JanSz like this.
  16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

004333: Insulin | Labcorp
    Reference Interval
    2.6−24.9 μIU/mL
    ===========================

On that test there is a problem with allowable upper laboratory level (24.9 μIU/mL)
    That should be changed to 10 or 8,
    and
    reinforced by doctors with diligence at least equal to what they use offering statins.

Any value over 10 call Insulin resistance (but do not offer insulin injections) only offer dietary and environment adjustments.

17. @Skip Platt

When we study medicine, we see hardcore beliefs in evolutionary biology. So, when we turn to medicine for an answer, we may do well to understand the paradigm. Making evolutionary biology a basic science for medicine is the foundation of thought for: Human Genetics, the scientific method, biochemistry, cell biology and physiology. ->

The belief in Natural Selection arises from chaos
    • which separates competing life forms
    • for a limited set of resources
    • as the means for modification
    thus, evolution’s selection always improves.

Medicine is the study of the progression of disease. Understand that the evolutionary model of natural selection towards a slow progression of improvement does not mean the body knows what it is doing nor does it make “good” decisions for itself. That’s where medicine comes to the rescue ->
    1) Disease identification and diagnosis
    2) Prescription of medical intervention with the primary objective -> symptom reduction. ​

Examples:

Neutrophils in Cancer
    What is the medical intervention? -> shutdown the biological system with autoimmune drugs, chemo-cell-killing-drugs, and cut it out.

Prostaglandins in Cancer Cell Adhesion, Migration, and Invasion
    What is the medical intervention? -> shutdown the biological system with anti-inflammatory drugs, radiation, etc.

Dermatology & Skin Cancer
    What is the medical intervention? -> Kill it, cut it out; yet most melanoma occurs in parts of the body which never see the light of day.

I could write hundreds of the pages on this subject -> How the hell could medical science be so wrong?
    But this write up is not a work of apologetics in medicine; but a request for the reader to investigate the mechanisms of action rather than believing that Nature is so dam stupid, that it requires “smart doctor’s” evolutionary drug interventions.

Is health a supplementation of multiple interventions or is it wrapped in the "epigenetics" of human group biological, human mental thought processes and emotional interactions in an optimal physical environment?
    • How we think maybe influence by our perception of the data.
    I am not convinced by current dogma that most people believe they are evolved. Examples of previous civilizations are depicted in inferior light. Whether its historians’ stories of politics, economy or technical advantage, we modern humans think we are better than others before us. "Data" observed through this lens is very limiting.

Join me at looking to evidence when forming our beliefs; we need better perspectives when evaluating the data.

At the beginning of this thread -> https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...is-it-wrapped-in-our-human-environment.25380/, I posted two basic concepts:

Electromagnetic direction and polarity.
    Question: If magnetism is basic for mitochondrial function, why don't we focus on correcting its polarity?

Can it be flipped like a light switch? <- yes

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022 at 11:47 AM
    JanSz likes this.