1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

meat source

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Awainer1, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Awainer1

Awainer1 New Member

I'm wondering where people buy their meat from on here. I recently picked up a chest freezer and I want to load it up with clean meat. I eat a pound of grass fed ground beef every morning but theres not a great local source where I am in Mass. I have tried a couple difference websites with mixed success. I also struggle finding a clean pork supplier since it seems that pigs eat everything and anything. I have dealt a lot with a farm in florida called Circle that claims to be soy and corn free and they are great I highly recommend. But they dont offer much discount for bulk and the shipping adds up. Thanks!

2. Are there any small farms around you? I buy 1/4-1/2 of a cow or pig at a time from a local farmer. They are organic grass fed/pastured animals. It would be a cheap quality source if there was someone near you.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

we get our from our front yard

Inger and Jenelle like this.
  4. Awainer1

Awainer1 New Member

I wish

5. Awainer1

Awainer1 New Member

I did just finally pick up a free chest freezer off craigslist so thats what I'm gonna start looking into

6. Martha Ray

Martha Ray Martha Ray, New Member

Do meats, beef, chicken, pork need to be local raised, and fed feed, under the same light as where we live... same as plant food?
    Is there a season to eat more meat?
    And is eating seafood local or regional best?
    I am near Charlottesville VA.