1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

measure ketones

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by shiran, Jul 5, 2018.

1. shiran

shiran Curious

What is the most effective way to measure ketones in the body? urine or blood?
    recommendations Of a reliable company will be welcomed
    thanks

2. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Keto stix in the start and once you get adapted blood ...

But i dont think it is a big issue chasing ketones in the end of the day...

3. shiran

shiran Curious

thanks for the info
    it is for a more complicated issue , Maybe I'll expand here later
    its not a standerd mitochondriac case

4. Jenelle

Jenelle Gold

Blood ketone measurement is by far the most accurate method of testing.

The meters themselves are not that expensive ~ it's the cost of the strips that can be prohibitive for many.

@shiran ... Best wishes for your friend or family member.

Marko Pollo likes this.
  5. shiran

shiran Curious

thanks for the response Appreciate it

Jenelle likes this.
  6. Check out Ketonix. They sell a ketone breath meter that works as advertised. Non invasive way to get feedback when going Keto and a way to see how different changes affect ketone levels. Site has good info. I don’t use mine often now, but when I started Keto I liked seeing how my ketone charged during the day and climbed over time.

shiran likes this.
  7. Jenelle

Jenelle Gold

Had one when they first came out years ago ~ and yes, it was interesting. But for anyone who wants/needs true accuracy, blood ketone measurement is the way to go. Not knowing what sort of situation we are talking about here ... I'm assuming health condition ~ and I would not recommend the Ketonix under those circumstances.

shiran and drezy like this.
  8. shiran

shiran Curious

thanks for your input , The situation is not that simple
    As far as I know, a blood test is reliable

Jenelle likes this.