1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Measing % of heteroplasmy

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by George Papamarkos, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Thank you

2. Mr. drezy - perhaps this is the culture of "Black Swans"; however, I do not understand nor do I relate. This forum is perhaps beyond my mental capacity.
    I am someone who has been pledged with very high testosterone since puberty. Self control along with a deep respect for others is my motivation - for which I attempt to use in the shaping of the person I have the opportunity to become.
    I do appreciate your insights you maybe able to offer me.
    Looking Forward...
    Grandpa John

drezy likes this.
  3. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

Your open-mindedness, @JanSz , at 79, is nothing short of spectacular

drezy likes this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

We may keep going over any tests that you still have not posted.
    But so far I have shown you numerous low hanging fruits.
    Use that first, see if you get some changes.
    I have doubts about your sunlight practices.
    Your circadian rhythm (the one point that you checked) is totally out of range.
    It would help you to do the three tests below at least 2x/year.
    DUTCH test
    Spectracell Micronutrient Analysis
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum
    eventually also:
    https://www.gdx.net/product/ion-profile-with-40-amino-acids-nutritional-test-blood
    https://www.gdx.net/core/interpretive-guides/ION-IG.pdf
    -----------------------------------
    Unless you have a better place
    let's continue all this on your thread here:

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/granpa-johns-optimal-journal.23952/page-3
    -----------------------------------

John Schumacher likes this.
  5. I understand that it is hard to believe. My sunrise practice has been as follows for most of fifty years: Wherever I happen to live, visit or just happen to be, I get outside before sunrise to an unobstructed location for best viewing. I typically spend a minimum of 20 minutes to an hour exposing as must skin as legally possible (depending on location) as well as my eyes towards our beautiful glowing ball, sometimes there are clouds; but I know it's there. From my journal, I go into a little detail as to how all this got started. I appreciate Dr. Jack Kruse's affirmation of this practice.

I can start planning for your recommended tests.
    Looking Forward...
    John

Phosphene and caroline like this.
  6. drezy

drezy Gold

The "Mr" bit is way too much. My name is Dan. It's good to correspond with you.

For insulin/diabetes issues I can't recommend the use of CT enough.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

What is going on around here??????? I have only been MIA for a few days and you are all talking about sex without me .....totally unfair!

Jan ....I admire you for so many reasons - but the biggest reason is you found yourself a dear girl friend who wants and needs sex 2+ times a day....and you are able to comply. However you are doing that - keep it up ....so to speak!

You rock Jan! I think you should fulfil every sexual fantasy you and your beautiful lady can think of. If in water isn't one of them - so be it!

There are so many kinky things you can give a go .....

JUST DO IT .....and make Nike proud - and all the rest of us around here too!

I do think we can all take lessons from you Jan.......you don't give up on your life or yourself. You have both oars in the water and you are paddling with all your heart.

Twice a day is pretty amazing .....how are you doing that....

Phosphene and JanSz like this.
  8. May you enjoy your "holiday" on Isla Mujeres. I hope it is rejuvenating and healing for you.

Phosphene likes this.
  9. Thank you - Dan

For me Cold Therapy is vital. It was Tim Ferriss popularized cold therapy for fat loss in 2010. Thus began my journey towards the cold. Whim Hof took it to next level for me. Though I do not and will not do superhuman feats, I do believe the positive effects of cold are significant. What I enjoy most is to immersion in moving water, outside in nature, grounded feet to the earth, standing in 50-degree water, with the water up to my chin so that I back of my neck is submerged. My minimum goal is 20 minutes daily. Winter time is best for cold therapy which includes the cold air against my bare torso, walking out to the American river, then dripping wet in the cold air walking back from the river. The hormonal effect accompanying the shiver over the next couple of hours is wonderful.

Whim Hof’s story includes depression over the loss of his beloved wife. Depression can feel numb; the nervous system is overwhelmed, shutting down peripheral sensation. The cold awakened his CNS. As Whim states, “Cold is my teacher.” The chill up his spine, into his head, the tingling of his fingers, all provided feedback that he was alive. “Feeling is reality,” he says. Note: I’ve never been depressed. It is a powerful force towards self-pity. I love life too much to entertain self-defeating practices.

For me cold therapy has taught me – surrender. As the water moves over my body, the peripheral sensations are heightened. I immerse my conscience feeling into the moving cold, allowing its' influence to take my emotional response. I watch and feel the water swirl towards me, around me and pass by me. Embodying the many feels cold engenders are rich. The goal is to not hold onto any one feeling, but to observe it, feel the continually changing intensity of it, “enjoy” it, appreciate it, let it go and watch it leave. It’s almost “relaxing”, persistent awareness, relief. I’ve used this opportunity to practice - surrender.

Phosphene likes this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Hi Caroline;
    If your Nike has some tests, consider posting them here for review.

Phosphene and caroline like this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

you make me smile......

Can I just say ....I love you!

Phosphene and John Schumacher like this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Yes, you can.
    I love you too. Many of your posts are highly optimistic and uplifting.

Phosphene and John Schumacher like this.
  13. Mr. Shah, Thank you for the recommendation. Isla Mujeres looks beautiful. I am encouraged that this location has helped you. Perhaps, water of the Chicxulub crater has also helped. My question comes with a concern for your need for what seems to be daily extended Cold Therapy sessions. We know exposure to nnEMF is toxic. Are the electromagnetic radio, radar as well as microwave radiation levels been regularly tested and within "tolerable" ranges in your location? I appreciate Dr. Jack Kruse's move from location to zip code as the important factor. However, any given location is not stable. A "Black Swan" must be ready and able to move when needed.

14. Thank you @JanSz - I love Dr Wallace Thornhill's work. Have you read his book? "The Electric Universe" - It's wonderful. Great reading material while sunbathing for a few hours.

15. shah78

shah78 Gold

there is no "NEED" .......extended water times makes me YOUGER! Stronger. i don't have to get on forums and complain about my lack of erections and my crappy blood sugers. I just go in the 84 deree , calm water and get out younger. what is so hard to understand??????????:) I just reintroduced CT. in september.about 8 hrs a week. that is working well in the anabolic/blood sugar areas as well. you have to experience this. it is not an intellectual "thingie">one side of the mountain is the movie "cacoon". the other side of the mountain is the movie"Dunning-Kruger Horror Show".!!!!!!you have know idea. :) you live on the dunning -kruegger side. sorry.:(

16. shah78

shah78 Gold

there is no "NEED" .......extended water times makes me YOUGER! Stronger. i don't have to get on forums and complain about my lack of erections and my crappy blood sugers. I just go in the 84 deree , calm water and get out younger. what is so hard to understand??????????:) I just reintroduced CT. in september.about 8 hrs a week. that is working well in the anabolic/blood sugar areas as well. you have to experience this. it is not an intellectual "thingie">one side of the mountain is the movie "cacoon". the other side of the mountain is the movie"Dunning-Kruger Horror Show".!!!!!!you have know idea. :) you live on the dunning -kruegger side. sorry.:(

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

It started with Velikovsky.
    What are your thoughts on Proto-Saturn, origins of Venus, some other?

18. New
    Oh - YES! Our first Infrared sun. Velikovsky's theory - Saturn our strongest Infrared source for some many years explains so much of our fossil record.

19. @shah78 What I "enjoy" most is to immersion in moving water, outside in nature, grounded feet to the earth, standing in 45 to 50-degree water, with the water up to my chin so that I back of my neck is submerged. My minimum goal is 20 minutes to an hour daily. Winter time seem best for cold therapy. However, sadly it is not the fountain of youth for me. I practice CT because of its potential. I have yet to see measurable results from this practice.

shah78 likes this.
  20. @shah78 Since Cold Therapy has not been the magic potion, what would you recommend?