1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

MCT oil Brain Octane

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Ben1983, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Ben1983

Ben1983 New Member

anyone using MCT oil or brain octane from the bulletproof range? I'm just wondering if they're worthwhile using or is it better to stick the coconut oil in its whole state? Does anyone use either of these products outside of coffee....I don't drink coffee so I'm just wondering how else they might be incorporated into other meals....just drizzle on top I guess?

thisbirdhaswings likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Ruben Salinas would have good ideas on this..............

Ben1983 and thisbirdhaswings like this.
  3. I use it (Brain Octane) and have for the past few months. However, I'm looking to use up what I've got and switch to just coconut oil because it is the "biological package". I've gotten more benefit from oysters, water and sunshine, and I'd rather put my money toward more of the first two.

As for using it in other things, I have used it in salad dressings and mixed with tuna and avocado. It's flavorless so it is easy to mix into many things if you decide to get it.

Ben1983 likes this.
  4. nicld

nicld Gold

Do you drink tea? I have put it in homemade frozen lemon drink in the past.

5. Ben1983

Ben1983 New Member

Yeah, I drink tea. I would have thought that it'd make the tea all oily though.

6. nicld

nicld Gold

I don't think it does as long as you use a blender to break down the molecules like when making it with coffee.

7. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

I like to dunk my sashimi slices into it when eating my raw fish...... A touch of gluten free organic soy sauce and it is creamy....

nicld likes this.
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

awesome idea!

9. jenc288

jenc288 New Member

It's is a good MCT but as far as i can tell its the same as other MCTs ive tried. I only use it before going for a run so from a performance standpoint It seems the same.

Ben1983 likes this.
  10. jackware

jackware Kama'aina

Working on finishing my bottle now. I can really feel an effect. My description is that it fells like my head opens up, my eyes get wider, and my brain feels like it's floating, observing everything in sharper colors. That said, I won't be ordering more. I feel with my seafood intake rising and CT protocols taking hold it won't be needed. Good bridge item though.

SeaHorse likes this.
  11. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

Im looking for an alternative to soy sauce to eat sashimi. I usaaully would bring brain octain and real salt to sushi bar. But now after reading the blogs Im wondering if it is blocking DHA absorption? can anyone confirm this? How about olive oil with salt, better choice?

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I think it is more wise to use soy sauce than any MCT oil.

John76 and Danco3636 like this.
  13. sfast

sfast New Member

I don't consider any disintegrated food as healthy. There are to many second order effects that are opaque to our understanding. This is one lesson I learned from Dr. Kruse. I consider the main lesson as the following: Connect with nature. Light, cold grounding, sea food. Everything serves the connectivity. MCT is fuel for people who can't generate energy efficiently in my opinion. It is performance with costs. Example: It is energy which doesn't come with the secondary factors food is packed with (vitamins, minerals, xenohormetic properties). It is the same thing as eating protein powder and supplementing with fish oil, B12, Selenium etc. It doesn't work.

Therefore, I only would eat coconuts and sparingly use coconut oil and never use MCT.

14. Verena1028

Verena1028 New Member

I tryed it with MCT, but I would never use it again,
    In my opinion it is more like suger,
    after I had always bad digestion problems (never adapt to it), and bad cravings
    So I really wouldnt recommend it to anyone

I eat my fish with some appel cider vinager, onion, some herbs, sald, sometimes organic mustard

15. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

I always use either fresh avocado or olive oil on my fish - can't remember why but apparently these are the best fats to eat with fish.

Earth Monkey likes this.
  16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

"MCT is fuel for people who can't generate energy efficiently in my opinion. It is performance with costs. Example: It is energy which doesn't come with the secondary factors food is packed with (vitamins, minerals, xenohormetic properties). It is the same thing as eating protein powder and supplementing with fish oil, B12, Selenium etc. It doesn't work."

Brilliant.

Earth Monkey likes this.
  17. Earth Monkey

Earth Monkey Photo at a blue party, pre-blueblockers

I like avocado and salt too but if you need that extra flavour try coconut aminos. You might need to dilute it a bit though as it's thicker than soy sauce.