1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Matty's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Matt Fowler, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Blog notes (How to Find Your Inner Masterpiece):

Paragraph 1:

PPAR Gamma = master regulator of adipocyte and lipid metabolism in the cell.
    PPAR Gamma is under the direct control of Leptin and its receptors and is heavily influenced by light.
    Fat cells receive light as they are directly below the skin surface (in humans).

P2.

Leptin and it's receptors controls Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor Gamma
    = PPAR Gamma joins with Retinoid X Receptors to make Heterodimers
    = Heterodimers control the transcription of the PON1 Gene
    = The PON1 Gene controls the synthesis and release of Paraoxonase 1 from the liver
    = Paraoxonase 1 acts as a plasma antioxidant which limits the oxidation of LDL (bad Cholesterol) in the blood
    = Decreased risk of atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease.

Atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease is also tied to artificial light exposure, low k2 and low d3 levels.
    High Paraoxonase levels go hand in hand with high glutathione levels. Low glutathione levels are tied to atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease.

P3.

Low Paraoxonase 1 tied to Vit K2 depletion in arterial walls

PON1 Gene transcription occurs in the Hepatocyte = It's coded protein is synthesised in the liver and is transported along with HDL in the blood plasma.

Low levels of HDL are tied to Vit K2 depletion in arterial walls.

High K2 intake drastically reduces the risk of dying from vascular disease as well as the risk of aortic/coronary artery calcification (Dutch Study).

VIT K2 ABSORBES UV LIGHT.

P4.

Low HDL (usually) = Low Paraoxonase, Low UV exposure + Low Vit K2 Levels, indicative of an indoor existence.

HDL can be used as a measure of how leaky your gut is to plasma LDL oxidising endotoxins.

High LDL = little clinical significance
    High levels of oxidised LDL = of great significance
    Low HDL, High hs-CRP, High Ferritin = Potential for highly inflammatory serum plasma (& disease)
    Low HDL, High hs-CRP, High Ferritin = reduces ez water in the blood plasma lowering its ability to carry energy around the body. Also related to lower haemoglobin and hepatocrite levels.

Haemoglobin is loaded with porphyrins (UV light receptors)

-This linkage is tied to higher HDL and lower LDL. People who eat Keto, but have high LDL levels, do so because they live indoor lives.

P5.

Inflammatory changes (Low HDL, high hs-CRP, high ferritin)
    + Serum oxidised LDL levels
    = directly influence Paraoxonase 1 serum concentration.

PPAR Gamma has a coactivator called PGC1 Alpha.

PGC1 Alpha (belongs to a family of transcription co-activators) plays a central role in the regulation of all cellular energy metabolism.

PGC1 Alpha Protein may also
    = be involved in controlling blood pressure
    + regulating cellular cholesterol
    + The development of obesity and type two diabetes.

PGC1 Alpha = helps control mitochondrial number and density within a cell.

Mitochondrial Biogenesis:

PPAR Gamma's co-activator PGC1 Alpha regulates mitochondrial numbers (via mitochondrial biogenesis) depending on the energy needs of the cell, as well as cell damage.

Mitofusin 2:

PGC1 Alpha is relavent to mitochondrial dynamics because it is a transcriptional co-activator of "fusion mediator" Mitofusin 2.

Mitofusin 2 connects endoplasmic reticulum to mitochondria + controls cellular calcium homeo stasis.

Mitocondria/endoplasmic reticulum connectivity is regulated by Mitofusin 2 and can create micro domains that facilitate fission.

PGC1 Alpha --------> (Co-activates transcription of) Mitofusin 2 (which is a fusion mediator).
    Mitofusin 2 ---------> connects endoplasmic reticulum to mitochondria + controls cellular calcium homeostasis

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    John Schumacher likes this.
  2. Hope you had a good New Year Jan.

That sounds like a clever pre-emption. Will this bio-hack just lower the severity of the symptoms or eliminate the virus altogether?

I have been very cynical about C19 - until, today, I heard that a childhood friend of mine is in hospital hooked up to a ventilator. If only he had been privy to this medical study (VIT D and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome/lung sepsis) from the University of Birmingham:

https://thorax.bmj.com/content/70/7...9evh1qWzL90TjPjn8ulC4MUhTKZNEk72tgx3D8nVElwDE

3. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

I've not been cynical about C19, but its the politicians' response to it, (both government and the opposition). They are accepting dodgy statistics, test figures and "modelling" and words like "estimated." The worst is counting deaths "within 28 days of a positive test." That implies someone could have been asymptomatic and been knocked down by a bus, or died as expected from terminal cancer, etc etc .. without ever taking up a bed in a Covid ward ICU.

If the money had been spent on giving everyone at risk a regular vitamin D test, instead of the shielding strategy and lockdowns keeping people out of the sun making things worse ....:mad:

This is another dirt cheap intervention...... ;)

https://www.europeanreview.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/3426-3432-1.pdf
    Inositol and pulmonary function. Could myo-inositol treatment downregulate inflammation and cytokine release syndrome in SARS-CoV-2?

Penny and Matt Fowler like this.
  4. Yes, definitely - the whole thing is politicised in my opinion. I bet they could have given everyone a years supply of vit d for less money than the country has lost due to lock downs.

War on terror = lies
    Mass migration epidemic = lies
    C02 driven climate change = lies
    Brexit = lies
    Greta thunberg = lies
    Covid - 19 = lies

I wonder what the next mammoth sized yarn theyre gonna spin next :eek:

5. Penny

Penny New Member

6. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Matt Fowler likes this.
  7. Vit D supplementation began 5 days ago - currently taking 2x 1000IU Life extension capsules with rosemary extract daily. Planning to increase it to around 5000IU, gradually. So far so good although they are making me feel slightly wired. Will initiate cessation of supplementation during, probably, the second week of March 2021.

8. Ok, vit d supplementation is giving me anxiety again. Perhaps its the rosemary extract. Going to cold turkey for a week and then try again without the rosemary.

9. When you loose the rubber plug for the bath and the shower mysteriously stays hot no matter which setting you have it on:

Just did 30 seconds in the river thames, hanging off a ladder, submerged up to my shoulders, in the rain, and got caught with my pants down by a dog walker... who ever said caring for your mitochondria was easy? :rofl:

Results: more energy, slightly less anxiety, slight mood uplift. Feel better than I did before... which means I need to do more of it.

Gonna get a container in the garden so I dont have to drive 20 miles next time.

caroline likes this.
  10. Richard Watson

Richard Watson New Member

How cold is the Thames this time of year?

11. I have no idea, I forgot my thermometer. It didnt feel as cold as I had anticipated. google says it is typically 7 degrees c in march. Im not cold adapted so thats why I only did 30 seconds. What are your thoughts?

12. Richard Watson

Richard Watson New Member

You say you are not cold adapted, why is that?

Matt Fowler likes this.
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

love that!

Matt Fowler likes this.
  14. in hindsight it was fun and im glad I did it :D

caroline likes this.
  15. well, Ive been planning to follow Jacks CT protocol at the start of this month. But Ive been procrastinating because I hate cold and always feel worse when im in the cold. So I let it slide. And then I had the worst week, symptom-wise, for years, so I decided I had to do something radical (if you can call that radical - for me, it was), and I feel better for it. So, I know I deffo need to get cold adapted and start a daily ct practice. Although, I still dont fancy lying there with a block of ice on me. Perhaps I can just do short cold dips for 30 seconds, and then gradually increase over time. Im going to look into it.

Richard Watson likes this.
  16. Are you still doing Wim Hof, John?

Richard Watson likes this.
  17. Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    Matt Fowler and Richard Watson like this.
  18. caroline

caroline Moderator

not everyone can or should do C/T .....have you had your 23&me test done?

Jack talks about this in several places ....somewhere.

Inger dips in her ice barrel for seconds or minutes at a time ....check out her journal.

Matt Fowler and John Schumacher like this.
  19. Hi Caroline, I asked Jack in a post once about ct and 23&me test and he said it didnt matter. I think I just need to go slow. I feel great after just a short time in the water so I guess I have to follow my instincts and do what feels good.

caroline likes this.